Alacare Home Health & Hospice

Alacare Home Health & Hospice Employee Reviews

Worst department director in my professional history.
Central Intake Coordinator (Former Employee), Hoover, Alabama(Corporate)August 7, 2015
Pros: Scraps of the post-meeting lunch, sometimes.
Cons: No time for breaks, no room for growth
This company is not working with the tools on which it was founded. While there are glimmers of the old business, and many great people working throughout the company, it's flagship center in Hoover is failing miserably with many others lacking leadership.
The culture of Central Intake is that of gossip, most of that coming from the Director.
She worries more about her farm animals during work hours than running a department. It makes for a high-stress, low-reward environment.
The family that owns the company are very nice, but I have it on high authority that it will be sold very soon. Therefore, if you are looking for security, look elsewhere.
n/a
Hospice Coordinator Comparatively Analyze (Former Employee), birmingham, alabamaMarch 9, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
great place, great benefits over all wonderful enviornment enjoyable atmosphere concern about the welfare of all employees family atmosphere
Hard work but rewarding
Nurse (Former Employee), AlabamaMarch 4, 2015
Pros: rewarding
Cons: long hours, not very flexible
If you love taking care of people and giving quality care this is an excellent job. The skills you learn are also a plus. Patient rapport is important and they depend on you. Its very challenging and busy.
GReat Company
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 16, 2014
I loved traveling to different client's home and having a great relationship with them.
Very diversified
Executive Assistant - Events (Former Employee), Hoover, ALAugust 1, 2013
Pros: free lunch when planned meeting
Cons: could be very stressful
Always busy, answered phones for owners, correspondence, mail, hotel reservations, prepared company annual fund raiser, prepared company on-line auction, paid for events company sponsored, spoke with people upset with service.

Hardest part was people who were upset about loved ones care and hearing their pain.

Planning and managing company meetings, lunches, events.
Organized & Hard worker
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Mountain Brook ALMay 6, 2013
I take a lot of pride in what I do. I enjoy working on collections and billing issues. I feel this is where my strength is. I am a team player and work well with others. I set goals for myself each day and strive hard to reach those goals. I am always on time for work.
Transparent company, great ethics as a company, family owned for 40+ years.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 17, 2013
- My typical day would be to make calls on the physicians within my assigned territory as well as work up any referrals the came out of my facilities. i.e. get the paperwork, make sure equipment is ordered, and discuss discharge plan with family.
-Learned how to manage, mantain, and grow a territory. Developed relationships with doctors, nurses, and case managers/social workers.
-Hardest part of the job is dealing with the ever changing nature of healthcare and medicare guidelines.
-Most enjoyable part of the job is having the ability to make my own schedule, manage my territory, and not be stuck in an office all day.
Industry