Alacare Home Health & Hospice

Alacare Home Health & Hospice Employee Reviews in United States

Working as a LPN
LPN (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 23, 2016
my experience with alacare was horrible. i worked as the first and only LPN at the montgomery branch. i was treated like an experimental project. i was told my salary would be one thing but once i started working it turned out not be that at all. i was told 80 hours or 80 visits per pay period to reach my quota.But i was only give from 40-49 visits every pay period. I think management did it on purpose. The RNS was greedy and very unfriendly. They were not made to give me any visits. they made all of the money. i almost got evicted because i left my fulltime job based upon these lies and promises. the branch manager and the supervisor of the montgomery branch are the worse people have ever worked with. Alacare is a good company with excellent benefits., but it need much improvement on who they put in mangement positions! LPNS be careful at the montgomery branch. they certainly treated me unfairly.!
Pros
flexiblity
Cons
no visits given, i couldnt make any money as a LPN
Takes a Team Effort to Care for Patients
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 3, 2016
Working at Alacare Home Health & Hospice gives you the satisfaction of knowing that what ever your role is you are contributing to providing excellent care to the patients and families.

The work is hard and stressful, but the patients really appreciate the services they receive and let you know that every day.
Pros
Getting to know your patients, company car
Cons
documentation, dealing with families during stressful times
Great Employees, awful management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 16, 2015
This is the most unorganized company I have ever worked for. The employees are nice and the owners are awesome. They try to look out for their employees but the management is awful. No one wants to work and they will drag their field staff out until there is nothing left of them. They are always understaffed and what they require of you is unbelievable. There is never an off day you are constantly working. The pay is pretty good but it's definitely plenty of stress that comes along with it. My advice. Don't quit your day job.
Pros
Pay, great owners
Cons
Stressful, a lot of taking work home with you
Management is horrible.
Wouldn't you like to know (Former Employee) –  AlabamaApril 8, 2016
No one stands behind their employees. When I resigned I found out they would only pay me 67%/of my unused vacation time. My position had 2 people but when one quit they were not replaced. No time for family life. It's all about money even though they say otherwise. Bad place to work.
Pros
Cons
No lunch, no breaks, long hours, no time for personal life. Not enough staff.
Worst department director in my professional history.
Central Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hoover, Alabama(Corporate)August 7, 2015
This company is not working with the tools on which it was founded. While there are glimmers of the old business, and many great people working throughout the company, it's flagship center in Hoover is failing miserably with many others lacking leadership.
The culture of Central Intake is that of gossip, most of that coming from the Director.
She worries more about her farm animals during work hours than running a department. It makes for a high-stress, low-reward environment.
The family that owns the company are very nice, but I have it on high authority that it will be sold very soon. Therefore, if you are looking for security, look elsewhere.
Pros
Scraps of the post-meeting lunch, sometimes.
Cons
No time for breaks, no room for growth
Not great if you have a family
RN Branch Director (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 27, 2016
The worst job I've ever had! Upper management's expectations and productivity requirements were horrible. Work all day then chart til midnight. Therapists were the only ones who had it made. No call and paid well per visit. I feel sorry for anyone who works there. Run fast and far!
Management sucks
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALNovember 5, 2015
The company needs to restructure there management team. Smoke breaks all day, and field staff being pulled in every direction. Office Manager never lifts a finger to help do anything but smoke. Corporate really needs to evaluate the Branch Manger a little closer.
Alacare
field nurse (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 11, 2015
Alacare is a great place to work and strives to take excellent care of patients in the home. The Birmingham branch has new leadership and is really working hard to bring positive change to the branch. This company is stable and has been one of the best and long standing home health and hospice agencies in Alabama.
Pros
excellent care, great nurses and therapists
Very diversified
Executive Assistant - Events (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALAugust 1, 2013
Always busy, answered phones for owners, correspondence, mail, hotel reservations, prepared company annual fund raiser, prepared company on-line auction, paid for events company sponsored, spoke with people upset with service.

Hardest part was people who were upset about loved ones care and hearing their pain.

Planning and managing company meetings, lunches, events.
Pros
free lunch when planned meeting
Cons
could be very stressful
n/a
Hospice Coordinator Comparatively Analyze (Former Employee) –  birmingham, alabamaMarch 9, 2015
great place, great benefits over all wonderful enviornment enjoyable atmosphere concern about the welfare of all employees family atmosphere
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Hard work but rewarding
Nurse (Former Employee) –  AlabamaMarch 4, 2015
If you love taking care of people and giving quality care this is an excellent job. The skills you learn are also a plus. Patient rapport is important and they depend on you. Its very challenging and busy.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
long hours, not very flexible
Transparent company, great ethics as a company, family owned for 40+ years.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 17, 2013
- My typical day would be to make calls on the physicians within my assigned territory as well as work up any referrals the came out of my facilities. i.e. get the paperwork, make sure equipment is ordered, and discuss discharge plan with family.
-Learned how to manage, mantain, and grow a territory. Developed relationships with doctors, nurses, and case managers/social workers.
-Hardest part of the job is dealing with the ever changing nature of healthcare and medicare guidelines.
-Most enjoyable part of the job is having the ability to make my own schedule, manage my territory, and not be stuck in an office all day.
Organized & Hard worker
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain Brook ALMay 6, 2013
I take a lot of pride in what I do. I enjoy working on collections and billing issues. I feel this is where my strength is. I am a team player and work well with others. I set goals for myself each day and strive hard to reach those goals. I am always on time for work.
GReat Company
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 16, 2014
I loved traveling to different client's home and having a great relationship with them.