Alamance Country Club

Alamance Country Club Employer Reviews

food service
Cook and Kitchen Inventory Overseer (Former Employee), Burlington, NCAugust 22, 2013
another good place to work. great environment. but needed more money and hours.
Fun workplace
Waitress (Current Employee), Burlington, NCSeptember 23, 2012
Pros: free lunch and dinner sometimes
Cons: management shows favoritism
Please everyone, but co-workers is what makes the job worth it.
This was a beautiful, outdoor pool that was well maintained and always clean.
Lifeguard and Pool Maintenance (Former Employee), Burlington, NCJune 22, 2012
Pros: we received free lunches when scheduled to work, and could swim laps when not on duty.
Mine was a part time position. We usually had 2 or 3 lifeguards on duty at once, depanding on the number of members swimming. I usually worked the morning shift, opening the pool, unlocking restrooms, guardroom, pumproom, making sure everything was in order. I vacuumed the pool and tested the chemical levels of the water prior to the start of pool hours. – more... When not on the gard stand, I usually found something to clean or organize, or talked with some of the members.

The importance of traditions to the membership was one of the most important things I learned about. I enjoy making things efficient, but had to avoid changes that were not acceptable to others.

The management of the pool consisted of 3 people, the club director, the aquatics director, and the poolside restaurant manager. Each did their jobs seamlessly. The pool staff was often not aware of the work of the club director. We were directly accountable to our aquatics director for the monthly calendar/schedule and for our professional conduct. We tread lighly around the restaurant manager who was steeped in tradition but did her job well.

My co-workers were reliable and, most of the time, punctual. We helped each other accomplish our jobs and stayed on the stand long enough to give each person a lunch break whenever needed.

The hardest part of the job was working on holidays when the pool was very crowded, music was loud and inflatable slides were brought in for the celebration. It was a stimulus overload that made me nervous about keeping a good watch on all the swimmers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the work environment. The setting was just a treat to the eyes! Professional landscapers kept every living thing green and trimmed. Huge hanging baskets of flowers were mounted on the fencing around the pool and under an arbor near the eating area. – less
An enjoyable experience and very flexible with full-time student employees.
Waiter/Bartender (Current Employee), Elon, NCApril 17, 2012
An enjoyable experience and very flexible with full-time student employees.

About Alamance Country Club

Alamance Country Club is a private club. Membership is by invitation only. – More from ZoomInfo »