Alamance Country Club Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Fun place to work with great Management
Head Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCMarch 13, 2015
I have had a position here for almost 6 years now, and I have almost no complaints about anything related to this company. The Management of the Pool and of the Club is spot on, if I ever have a problem they help sort it out, in a timely manner. I am a lifeguard, so all of my co-workers are somewhere between 16 and 22 years old, it is fun working with young people. The hardest part of the job is holidays, working all day on July 4th is exhausting, and stressful. I enjoy talking to all of the members, and getting to know them and their families. As a lifeguard you are in a unique position to get to know a lot of people, and all of the members are friendly, and fun to talk to. Overall the Alamance Country Club is a good place to work.
Pros
free meal every 6 hours of work, unlimited drinks. friendly management and lots of interaction with members
Cons
no extra pay for working holidays
food service
Cook and Kitchen Inventory Overseer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCAugust 22, 2013
another good place to work. great environment. but needed more money and hours.
Fun workplace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCSeptember 23, 2012
Please everyone, but co-workers is what makes the job worth it.
Pros
free lunch and dinner sometimes
Cons
management shows favoritism
This was a beautiful, outdoor pool that was well maintained and always clean.
Lifeguard and Pool Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJune 22, 2012
Mine was a part time position. We usually had 2 or 3 lifeguards on duty at once, depanding on the number of members swimming. I usually worked the morning shift, opening the pool, unlocking restrooms, guardroom, pumproom, making sure everything was in order. I vacuumed the pool and tested the chemical levels of the water prior to the start of pool hours. When not on the gard stand, I usually found something to clean or organize, or talked with some of the members.

The importance of traditions to the membership was one of the most important things I learned about. I enjoy making things efficient, but had to avoid changes that were not acceptable to others.

The management of the pool consisted of 3 people, the club director, the aquatics director, and the poolside restaurant manager. Each did their jobs seamlessly. The pool staff was often not aware of the work of the club director. We were directly accountable to our aquatics director for the monthly calendar/schedule and for our professional conduct. We tread lighly around the restaurant manager who was steeped in tradition but did her job well.

My co-workers were reliable and, most of the time, punctual. We helped each other accomplish our jobs and stayed on the stand long enough to give each person a lunch break whenever needed.

The hardest part of the job was working on holidays when the pool was very crowded, music was loud and inflatable slides were brought in for the celebration. It was a stimulus overload that made me nervous about keeping a good watch on all the swimmers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the
  more... work environment. The setting was just a treat to the eyes! Professional landscapers kept every living thing green and trimmed. Huge hanging baskets of flowers were mounted on the fencing around the pool and under an arbor near the eating area.  less
Pros
we received free lunches when scheduled to work, and could swim laps when not on duty.
An enjoyable experience and very flexible with full-time student employees.
Waiter/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Elon, NCApril 17, 2012
An enjoyable experience and very flexible with full-time student employees.

4.5