Alamance Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Management is Horrible
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCApril 27, 2016
I was an employee for 21 years, working as an RN in the Operating Room/Surgical Services. The management will work you like a dog, humiliate you in front of coworkers and cheat you out of vacation time that you earned. The department is always short staffed, but when the merger occurred, many of us were downsized out of our positions. Before the merger patients were treated with respect and compassion. Now the management requires you to perform assembly line surgery. The physicians and fellow coworkers were wonderful to work with ,but management will make your life miserable!!!!
Pros
Wonderful coworkers
Cons
Horrible working conditions
Started out great...then went South
BILLING ASSISTANT/REHAB DEPT (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCAugust 16, 2015
Got bought out by bigger organization and suddenly jobs were moving and being dissolved got Phys signatures on orders and plans of care and loved my coworkers
Pros
co-workers
Cons
salary freeze
Staff Nurse/ Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCMarch 3, 2016
Learned a great deal . As a new nurse , It is a great place to start. It is small and you will have a better chance of learning without feeling scared.The doctors are people who actually will help the nurses.
Pros
Great for learning as new nurse
managment
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJune 10, 2012
you have no life outside of work, work 12 hour shift and always working short staffed. RN's do not like to help out their CNA's. RN's stated that they went to school to not have to do CNA work. Lots of favortism going on there and a lot of unfairness. Managment will disrespect you out infront of other staff members, ( did not happen to me but I was a witness of it to another employee). Have not had raises in 3 years but fixing to expand hospital costing them 60 million dollars. When they did give out raises only gave people like 18 cent raises.
Pros
doctors were really nice
Cons
work load, pay, managment
Good place to work;
Billing Department Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCMay 25, 2013
Worked with the Hospital Personnel on inventories, patient billing, client statements, etc. I had many good friends who were both hourly and salaried and I enjoyed the rewards of knowing I was helping people. It could be high pressure at times but that was part of the job and we always got it done.
Pros
free lunch
benefits
Not a good experience.
Medical Imaging Technologist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCMay 30, 2013
I tried for 5 years to fit in but never could. Most of management is very strongly rooted in the "that's not how we do it here" attitude.
Pros
nice facility, good food, fair pay & benifits
Cons
management
Hard working fast pace place to work
Entrée cook (Current Employee) –  Burlington NCJanuary 26, 2014
The benefits are great! The working environment is okay, but it is a very high fast paced job
Pros
benefits and a great job if you want to gain great experience
Cons
managment and work ditied
Interesting work, chance to meet many different people, stressful work for the pay rate
Dining Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJune 8, 2015
A typical day at work involves food preparation, depending on what shift it can be breakfast, lunch, or dinner preparation, as well as setting up displays for different food items offered throughout the day in displays. This can involve preparing hot or cold foods in a timely manner. There is usually a high amount of cleaning involved as well. The job I was working each day depended on what my tasks would be. Some days I prepared the "front of the house" while running a cash register. Some days I helped customers preparing breakfast food items, or working a deli station. Some days I served hot foods, did catering work, or helped out in the back. Some days I did a mixture of several different tasks in the kitchen and in front. There were several managers involved in the kitchen, depending on what position each employee held. My co-workers were very diverse and offered a great network of people to work with. The hardest part of the job was the work load compared to pay rate. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with co-workers.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Short breaks
Overall good place for newly-grads
Medical Technologist Generalist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCJune 8, 2013
Typical day: running back and forth from your department to accessioning area to pick up the specimens from the tube system and accession them as quickly as possible due to the shortage of phlebotomists in that area. Phlebs are mostly gone to draw patient while the 3-4 techs run the lab.
I am glad that I had chance to get experience through this lab as a generalist. I learned many good usefull skills.
Hard at times because the 2nd shift staff is almost always understaffed. Very fast-paced work enviroment, only some days are calm and nice.
Management changed recently, and 3-4 months later turnover rate drastically increased. Many travelers come and go.
The job is not hard at all once you get trained and used to the work enviroment, the hardest part is when you have crazy-busy days with shortage of staff.
Co-workers on my shift are very good. I enjoy working with them and appreciate to have such coworkers.
Pros
good lab experience, good insurance plans.
Cons
short breaks, low pay, the town is nothing special.
Staff RN
I work as an acute care nurse (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCOctober 17, 2014
I learned about many different procedures and assisted in some. Management at the time I was there was not too good. We did not have a full time manager, I hear today that it is great. My co-workers were great and helped out a lot. Hardest part of job was that it was hard and because it was hard I felt accomplished at the end of the day and that made it the most enjoyable.
Pros
retirement, close to my home, great facility
Cons
as a nurse you hardly get lunch or breaks
Oncology secretary (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCJanuary 14, 2015
My work day starts at 7 am with answering phones, call bells continually thou out the day. My responsibilities include answering patients calls, answering the phone, making appointments, admitting and discharging patients to/from unit, emptying tube system, putting medicines in proper patients bins, making follow up appointments, calling consults to appropriate doctors, paging doctors for nurses and other doctors, ordering supplies for the unit and more. The hardest part to my job is when I do not have a charge nurse due to having to take patients, it leaves the whole nursing station to me which can be trying at times but also satisfying. I work with a great team of nurses, nurse's aides who work well together to make sure that the unit runs smoothly. My current manager is very helpful and willing to help where ever she is needed. With this job, you have to be able to multi-task or everything will fall behind. I guess the most enjoyable part of this job is watching the joy of a patient being able to go home and knowing you have had a small part of making this happen.
Pros
working with a great team and doctors.
Cons
sometimes we are so busy, its hard to get a break and even sometimes a lunch.
Excellent experience!
Emer. Dept. Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCSeptember 6, 2014
Emergency Department culture is unique. Work hard, be willing to learn new things, do not play favorites, high energy, politics.
I worked as the ICP for the health system
Manager of Infection Control Program (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJanuary 26, 2015
I worked with staff and physicians to educate staff and patients regarding infections, infectious processes and prevention while monitoring and reporting infection rates. I worked with great staff.
Pros
excellent work hours
Cons
small department with limited resources
Nice place to work, great place to meet people
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCAugust 9, 2013
I work with extended care patients and I start the day off with bathing, dressing and personal care for 10 patients. I then set them up for breakfast and handle their needs throughout the day. They include toileting, doctor appts, hair appts and getting them to and from activities in the building. I enjoy taking care of people and providing companionship. The hardest part of job is pulling and lifting resulting in wear and tear on my body.
Pros
8a-3p
Cons
interrupted breaks and lunches and effects on my body and health
Fun place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJanuary 30, 2015
Details

It was very easy. All you had to do was show up to the interview and they just asked basic questions. I'm pretty sure anyone could do it. The interview is really nothing to worry about. The one thing that caught me off guard was when they asked me to spell Tomato.
Pros
free food
Cons
had to read alot of menus
ARMC is a overall nice smaller hospital
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJune 11, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my employment with ARMC was that there was a feeling of working as a team on within the shift I worked. My fellow co-workers were very hard working and we worked together to provide our patient the best overall care possible.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
Armc
Technologist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCJuly 12, 2014
Very busy work environment.
Learned a lot about patient safety.
Management can be somewhat biased.
Co-Workers that have been there for many years, can be controlling.
Not enough time slots for the number of patients needing to be done.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCSeptember 18, 2012
Co-workers worked as a team. We respected each other. Enjoyed working there.
Pros
you could talk to management about any thing. request for time off were usually granted.
Cons
some time unfair work loads
Love it here
Surgical Tech (student) in a clinical setting (Former Employee) –  burlington, ncJuly 21, 2014
I was a surg tech student doing a clinical rotation for 6 months here. Very professional atmosphere and I learned so much hands on ... on the job training. LOVED it here and this has furthered my passion to help people.
Currently going through merger dynamics
Patient Relations and Signage Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCMay 16, 2014
There is a climate of change during the merge with Cone Health and changes in healthcare reimbursement programs.

Alamance Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location