Alamance Regional Medical Center

Alamance Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

Excellent experience!
Emer. Dept. Technician (Former Employee), Burlington, NCSeptember 6, 2014
Emergency Department culture is unique. Work hard, be willing to learn new things, do not play favorites, high energy, politics.
Low Staff
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee), Burlington, NCAugust 26, 2014
It was a wonderful place to work because of the people I worked with but there was always a problem with staffing.
LOVE IT HERE
Surgical Tech (student) in a clinical setting (Former Employee), burlington, ncJuly 21, 2014
I was a surg tech student doing a clinical rotation for 6 months here. Very professional atmosphere and I learned so much hands on ... on the job training. LOVED it here and this has furthered my passion to help people.
ARMC
Technologist (Current Employee), Burlington, NCJuly 12, 2014
Very busy work environment.
Learned a lot about patient safety.
Management can be somewhat biased.
Co-Workers that have been there for many years, can be controlling.
Not enough time slots for the number of patients needing to be done.
Currently going through merger dynamics
Patient Relations and Signage Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, NCMay 16, 2014
There is a climate of change during the merge with Cone Health and changes in healthcare reimbursement programs.
Fun place to work.
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee), Burlington, NCMarch 11, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Work load could vary from light to extremely heavy at times. But co-workers were great. Always willing to assist if needed.
Hard working fast pace place to work
EntrĂ©e cook (Current Employee), Burlington NCJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: benefits and a great job if you want to gain great experience
Cons: managment and work ditied
The benefits are great! The working environment is okay, but it is a very high fast paced job
Excellent workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Burlington, NCSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: people were excellent to work with
Cons: some of the nurses were rude.
As a CNA I took care of general needs of patients on the Mother/Baby unit.
Nice place to work, great place to meet people
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Burlington, NCAugust 9, 2013
Pros: 8a-3p
Cons: interrupted breaks and lunches and effects on my body and health
I work with extended care patients and I start the day off with bathing, dressing and personal care for 10 patients. I then set them up for breakfast and handle their needs throughout the day. They include toileting, doctor appts, hair appts and getting them to and from activities in the building. I enjoy taking care of people and providing companionship. – more... The hardest part of job is pulling and lifting resulting in wear and tear on my body. – less
ARMC is a overall nice smaller hospital
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee), Burlington, NCJune 11, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management
The most enjoyable part of my employment with ARMC was that there was a feeling of working as a team on within the shift I worked. My fellow co-workers were very hard working and we worked together to provide our patient the best overall care possible.
Patient Care and cost effectiveness
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST/GENERALIST (Former Employee), Burlington, NCJune 9, 2013
A typical day at work begins with, preparing machines. My co-workers and I work strongly together as a team. We often find ourselves leading each other in all aspects of our jobs. The hardest part of my job would have to be, seeing the major health cost cuts and the negative effects it has on patient care. The most enjoyable part of my day is being – more... able to provide excellent patient care despite rising health care demands. – less
Overall good place for newly-grads
Medical Technologist Generalist (Current Employee), Burlington, NCJune 8, 2013
Pros: good lab experience, good insurance plans.
Cons: short breaks, low pay, the town is nothing special.
Typical day: running back and forth from your department to accessioning area to pick up the specimens from the tube system and accession them as quickly as possible due to the shortage of phlebotomists in that area. Phlebs are mostly gone to draw patient while the 3-4 techs run the lab.
I am glad that I had chance to get experience through this lab – more... as a generalist. I learned many good usefull skills.
Hard at times because the 2nd shift staff is almost always understaffed. Very fast-paced work enviroment, only some days are calm and nice.
Management changed recently, and 3-4 months later turnover rate drastically increased. Many travelers come and go.
The job is not hard at all once you get trained and used to the work enviroment, the hardest part is when you have crazy-busy days with shortage of staff.
Co-workers on my shift are very good. I enjoy working with them and appreciate to have such coworkers. – less
Not a good experience.
Medical Imaging Technologist (Former Employee), Burlington, NCMay 30, 2013
Pros: nice facility, good food, fair pay & benifits
Cons: management
I tried for 5 years to fit in but never could. Most of management is very strongly rooted in the "that's not how we do it here" attitude.
Good place to work;
Billing Department Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Burlington, NCMay 25, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: benefits
Worked with the Hospital Personnel on inventories, patient billing, client statements, etc. I had many good friends who were both hourly and salaried and I enjoyed the rewards of knowing I was helping people. It could be high pressure at times but that was part of the job and we always got it done.
Great Organization to work for
Cancer Center (Current Employee), Cancer CenterMay 19, 2013
ARMC is a fantastic place to work. Good incentives. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work independently.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Burlington, NCSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: you could talk to management about any thing. request for time off were usually granted.
Cons: some time unfair work loads
Co-workers worked as a team. We respected each other. Enjoyed working there.
managment
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Burlington, NCJune 10, 2012
Pros: doctors were really nice
Cons: work load, pay, managment
you have no life outside of work, work 12 hour shift and always working short staffed. RN's do not like to help out their CNA's. RN's stated that they went to school to not have to do CNA work. Lots of favortism going on there and a lot of unfairness. Managment will disrespect you out infront of other staff members, ( did not happen to me but I was – more... a witness of it to another employee). Have not had raises in 3 years but fixing to expand hospital costing them 60 million dollars. When they did give out raises only gave people like 18 cent raises. – less
Nice place to work.
Materials Management tech or aide (Current Employee), Burlington ,NC.February 11, 2012
Pros: growing hospital
Cons: pay is low.
I put in for a job at ARMC when I was visiting NC. and was called for a interview a few days later.