Alamance Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCNovember 16, 2017
Great experience. Typical day in pharmacy includes working in main pharmacy or emergency room. Both are great experiences and gain lots of experience and pharmacy knowledge.
very productive, enjoyed working with the staff
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCAugust 16, 2017
good, a typical day at work
I learned to work better with people
Satisfied
All Kinds
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with staff and patients
Pros
Cafeteria food was good
Cons
Being laid off
good
Shadowed Anesthesiology Team (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCAugust 14, 2017
i really liked this place. the people were nice the view was good the food was great. we are all nice and hangout outside of work. I cannot possibly recommend it enough!
Family oriented workplace
Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJune 29, 2017
Wonderful place to work, Management would jump in and help when need and would also work with helping you balance work and family life. Some things I learned are that there was people that wanted to see me advance myself and take my learning further and that a great thing to have coming from your work family.
Great Place to Grow as a RN
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCJune 26, 2017
I enjoy working at ARMC, I have grown as an RN here. My unit in particular provided great teamwork, a variety of skills to learn, and challenges that have made me a better nurse. However, nursing shortages as anywhere are at this hospital. I am very thankful for my experience here.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Staffing
Great workplace
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJune 21, 2017
I enjoyed working for this organization,my daily task was consist of fast past. I learned how to work as a team and some days were harder than others especially when short on staff.
Unit Clerk Secretary (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCJune 14, 2017
Good place to work benefits could be a little better. Enjoy talking to people. Other staff members are helpful and nice. Most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help others.
ok
Environmental Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCJune 1, 2017
routine. not too physically demanding
managers are fun and caring
coworkers make break time and meetings better
i learned to manage my time and other positions so that i could aid others
Family oriented hospital
Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCMay 26, 2017
Great atmosphere
The best part about this hospital is that you are never alone. As a nurse if you have a problem there is always someone there to help.
Physicians are great to work with.
Pros
Free parking
great place to work
Behavioral Medicine RN (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCMay 9, 2017
Excellent work environment. Co-workers showed support and caring to each other as well as patients and visitors. During a typical work day you learn how to de-escalate patients.

Want to know more about Alamance Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
Good place to work. Staff work as a team.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCMay 4, 2017
This is a busy hospital at times. I have learned how to manage my time and prioritize my workload. Management is nice and approachable but sometimes there is a lack of communication. As far as culture there is diversity here. Everyone tries to work as a team. The hardest part of my job is when there is a lot of critical things happening at one time and I have to prioritize my workload. The most enjoyable part is seeing patients get well and making a difference in their situation.
Pros
birthday cards, years there awards
Cons
may not get lunch if too busy, short staff sometimes
Great facility with usual hospital issues.
charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCApril 18, 2017
Alamance Regional Medical center is a fast paced, yet fun and enjoyable place to work. There are usual nursing issues at times (understaffed and above average nurse to patient ratio) but in general a good place with decent salary and benefits.
MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJune 30, 2016
Hire me right out of nursing school. Great place to work. Helped me further my nursing career. Willing to let you grow within the company.
Management is Horrible
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCApril 27, 2016
I was an employee for 21 years, working as an RN in the Operating Room/Surgical Services. The management will work you like a dog, humiliate you in front of coworkers and cheat you out of vacation time that you earned. The department is always short staffed, but when the merger occurred, many of us were downsized out of our positions. Before the merger patients were treated with respect and compassion. Now the management requires you to perform assembly line surgery. The physicians and fellow coworkers were wonderful to work with ,but management will make your life miserable!!!!
Pros
Wonderful coworkers
Cons
Horrible working conditions
Staff Nurse/ Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCMarch 3, 2016
Learned a great deal . As a new nurse , It is a great place to start. It is small and you will have a better chance of learning without feeling scared.The doctors are people who actually will help the nurses.
Pros
Great for learning as new nurse
Started out great...then went South
BILLING ASSISTANT/REHAB DEPT (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCAugust 16, 2015
Got bought out by bigger organization and suddenly jobs were moving and being dissolved got Phys signatures on orders and plans of care and loved my coworkers
Pros
co-workers
Cons
salary freeze
Interesting work, chance to meet many different people, stressful work for the pay rate
Dining Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJune 8, 2015
A typical day at work involves food preparation, depending on what shift it can be breakfast, lunch, or dinner preparation, as well as setting up displays for different food items offered throughout the day in displays. This can involve preparing hot or cold foods in a timely manner. There is usually a high amount of cleaning involved as well. The job I was working each day depended on what my tasks would be. Some days I prepared the "front of the house" while running a cash register. Some days I helped customers preparing breakfast food items, or working a deli station. Some days I served hot foods, did catering work, or helped out in the back. Some days I did a mixture of several different tasks in the kitchen and in front. There were several managers involved in the kitchen, depending on what position each employee held. My co-workers were very diverse and offered a great network of people to work with. The hardest part of the job was the work load compared to pay rate. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with co-workers.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJanuary 30, 2015
Details

It was very easy. All you had to do was show up to the interview and they just asked basic questions. I'm pretty sure anyone could do it. The interview is really nothing to worry about. The one thing that caught me off guard was when they asked me to spell Tomato.
Pros
Free food
Cons
had to read alot of menus
I worked as the ICP for the health system
Manager of Infection Control Program (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJanuary 26, 2015
I worked with staff and physicians to educate staff and patients regarding infections, infectious processes and prevention while monitoring and reporting infection rates. I worked with great staff.
Pros
Excellent work hours
Cons
Small department with limited resources
Oncology secretary (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCJanuary 14, 2015
My work day starts at 7 am with answering phones, call bells continually thou out the day. My responsibilities include answering patients calls, answering the phone, making appointments, admitting and discharging patients to/from unit, emptying tube system, putting medicines in proper patients bins, making follow up appointments, calling consults to appropriate doctors, paging doctors for nurses and other doctors, ordering supplies for the unit and more. The hardest part to my job is when I do not have a charge nurse due to having to take patients, it leaves the whole nursing station to me which can be trying at times but also satisfying. I work with a great team of nurses, nurse's aides who work well together to make sure that the unit runs smoothly. My current manager is very helpful and willing to help where ever she is needed. With this job, you have to be able to multi-task or everything will fall behind. I guess the most enjoyable part of this job is watching the joy of a patient being able to go home and knowing you have had a small part of making this happen.
Pros
Working with a great team and doctors.
Cons
Sometimes we are so busy, its hard to get a break and even sometimes a lunch.