Alameda County Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Assembly and Analysis Clerk
Assembly and Analysis Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAFebruary 14, 2016
A typical day consisted of assembling charts and analyzing them for deficiencies,communicating with healthcare professionals at all levels of experience. The staff I worked with at the time was very competent and very helpful and appreciated the experience.The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I took part in the progression of the patients healthcare experience.
Pros
Extremely busy hospital to work at.
Patient Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 21, 2016
Making sure all the employees I supervised were at their work stations at their scheduled times.

Everyone is an individual & needs to be dealt with as such.

Management needs to support & be open to any & all suggestions & to take advice given.

Co-workers are great.

Keeping up with the volume of patients' that arrive seeking treatment on a daily basis & assisting my staff with their duties.

Always learning more is enjoyable.
Pros
In management you're allowed extra vacation days besides the time you accrue.
Cons
Sometimes breaks were not always an option.
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 15, 2015
I was an intern here and enjoyed my time. Working in many departments, all supervisors were nice to work with and were grateful for the help.
good employment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 23, 2015
good employment, learned many procedure while working there, meet many friends. and would apply again . Medical doctors and surgeons are always willing to educate staff members on procedures.
Pros
diversity
Cons
N/a
Very Challeging
Pharmacy Technician, Inpatient & Outpatient (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 12, 2015
I'm don't even know what to say..." twenty words minimum"...ok...well: daily shootings, bomb threats, my car has been broken into as well as hit on more than one occasion, assaulted... I guess if I can survive 3 years in the war zone I can make it anywhere!
Acmc
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 11, 2015
was a good place i was with yamas controls at the time finishing my apprenticeship with local 104 when yamas lost the contract and the chief engineer offered me a journeymen engineer position.
Not the best place
Eligibility Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 1, 2015
This place has great employees however management here isnt the best. Over the years there has been many changes and with a bit of clean up this would be a great place to work.
I am a multi-tasker workaholic person
Accountant 1 (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJanuary 21, 2015
I will be enthusiastic to work in an office again after a long vacation.
Improved health care outcomes for patients
Clinic Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 22, 2014
I had various jobs at Alameda County Medical System. It is a teaching hospital with an unorganized structure. It was a challenge to navigate the system. The job was rewarding because I helped patients get their health care needs met and to become independent and to advocate for themselves.
Pros
working with a diverse patient population
Cons
unorganized systems
fast pace and never predictable
Psychiatric Social Worker II (Current Employee) –  Oakland CaMay 21, 2014
Enjoy working at Alameda Health Systems, great pay, independent and valued as an employee
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
no over time
My experience there was very hostile and very stresful
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 19, 2014
It was very dificult to work with the management team there. I have worked in a few place and so far this was the worse place to work. They have a company call Morison as a sub contractor and working with them was not very pleasant either. I feel sorry for most employees there because they come to do their best every day and management treat them like trash.
Busy and rewarding
Emergency Room Medical Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 29, 2014
The emergency room is fast past and you need to be able to think on your toes. Enjoy my coworkers whom make it enjoyable and educational.
Department was very fun, but management was not so bright
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMarch 28, 2014
The Department was fun friendly workers but when it comes to management they had no idea what they were doing
the work flow maintain by employees/ do not follow union guidelines,
Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 24, 2014
Fast pace environment, everyday is an new experience. The more you are involved; the more knowledge you of the medical / health field you will obtain, to farther your career and life Experiences.
Pros
lot to learn/ gain
Cons
not enough experience in house/on staff availability.
Good experience if entering the healthcare field but are planning to move on after gaining such experience.
Eligibility Clerk-SAN (Former Employee) –  Oakland caOctober 17, 2013
Administrative staff was very unprofessional. Dangerous work enviroment. patient's treated unfairly.Poor care given to patients.
Would not ever want to work for the county again. A typical day on the job was registering patient's, i found the job to be very redundant. They introduced a new system and it was turned over rather unsuccessfully and in my point of view unorgainized. My co workers where some what nice but unprofessional as well. I learned patience and how to listen to my patients needs so i can serve them better. The hardest part of the job was the repetition. I like to multi task and i felt in this position there wasn't enough of that to hold my interest. If there was any enjoyable experiences to this job, it was the lifelong friendships i made while there. Management I felt were professional yet lacked orginazational skills,
Pros
good entry level experience
Cons
dangerous work enviroment/ unorganized, lacks professionalism
I loved this place!!!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 8, 2013
Typical Work day at the Highland campus is a very hectic yet rewarding day. On a daily basis I engaged in demonstrating proficiency in taking patient medical histories and vital signs, as well as in performing venipunctures, injections and various diagnostic procedures and ancillary tests, i assured patient satisfaction, and acted as a patient advocate, assited in emergency situations when needed by clinicans. The hardest part of this job was the disapointment when i could not get what the patient needed right then and there, However I worked hard enough to make sure that there was a positive out come; the most enjoyable part of this job was seeing a smille on the patients face when the outcome was in thier favor, and the task was complete.
Alameda County Med Ctr provides excellent health care to patients
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakland,CaOctober 7, 2013
it's a shame they don't extend that same care to their staff, if they did it would have a great effect on the staffs moral.
Liked working there
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 17, 2013
worked in Medical Records where i pulled, replaed charts, put loose materical in correct charts. filed, faxed and worked where I was needed if asked.
Pros
everyone was nice and hours
Cons
it wasn't permanent
Good work and life balance
Information Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 12, 2013
Because the pay was below standard for the area and level of expertise, it was nice that my supervisor ensured that I did not feel like I had to work more than 45 hours a week.
Pros
people were very nice.
Cons
pay was fairly low.
Acmc
Eligibility Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 8, 2013
Alameda County Medical Center- Great company to work for. Serves residence of alameda county with low income and no healthcare insurance.Largest Trauma center in east bay area.

Alameda County Medical Center Reviews by Location