Alameda County Medical Center

Alameda County Medical Center Employer Reviews

fast pace and never predictable
Psychiatric Social Worker II (Current Employee), Oakland CaMay 21, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: no over time
Enjoy working at Alameda Health Systems, great pay, independent and valued as an employee
My experience there was very hostile and very stresful
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMay 19, 2014
It was very dificult to work with the management team there. I have worked in a few place and so far this was the worse place to work. They have a company call Morison as a sub contractor and working with them was not very pleasant either. I feel sorry for most employees there because they come to do their best every day and management treat them like – more... trash. – less
Busy and rewarding
Emergency Room Medical Clerk (Current Employee), Oakland, CAApril 29, 2014
The emergency room is fast past and you need to be able to think on your toes. Enjoy my coworkers whom make it enjoyable and educational.
Department was very fun, but management was not so bright
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAMarch 28, 2014
The Department was fun friendly workers but when it comes to management they had no idea what they were doing
the work flow maintain by employees/ do not follow union guidelines,
Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: lot to learn/ gain
Cons: not enough experience in house/on staff availability.
Fast pace environment, everyday is an new experience. The more you are involved; the more knowledge you of the medical / health field you will obtain, to farther your career and life Experiences.
Good experience if entering the healthcare field but are planning to move on after gaining such experience.
Eligibility Clerk-SAN (Former Employee), Oakland caOctober 17, 2013
Pros: good entry level experience
Cons: dangerous work enviroment/ unorganized, lacks professionalism
Administrative staff was very unprofessional. Dangerous work enviroment. patient's treated unfairly.Poor care given to patients.
Would not ever want to work for the county again. A typical day on the job was registering patient's, i found the job to be very redundant. They introduced a new system and it was turned over rather unsuccessfully and in my – more... point of view unorgainized. My co workers where some what nice but unprofessional as well. I learned patience and how to listen to my patients needs so i can serve them better. The hardest part of the job was the repetition. I like to multi task and i felt in this position there wasn't enough of that to hold my interest. If there was any enjoyable experiences to this job, it was the lifelong friendships i made while there. Management I felt were professional yet lacked orginazational skills, – less
I loved this place!!!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Oakland, CAOctober 8, 2013
Typical Work day at the Highland campus is a very hectic yet rewarding day. On a daily basis I engaged in demonstrating proficiency in taking patient medical histories and vital signs, as well as in performing venipunctures, injections and various diagnostic procedures and ancillary tests, i assured patient satisfaction, and acted as a patient advocate, – more... assited in emergency situations when needed by clinicans. The hardest part of this job was the disapointment when i could not get what the patient needed right then and there, However I worked hard enough to make sure that there was a positive out come; the most enjoyable part of this job was seeing a smille on the patients face when the outcome was in thier favor, and the task was complete. – less
Alameda County Med Ctr provides excellent health care to patients
Supervisor (Current Employee), Oakland,CaOctober 7, 2013
it's a shame they don't extend that same care to their staff, if they did it would have a great effect on the staffs moral.
Liked working there
Security Officer (Former Employee), Oakland, CASeptember 17, 2013
Pros: everyone was nice and hours
Cons: it wasn't permanent
worked in Medical Records where i pulled, replaed charts, put loose materical in correct charts. filed, faxed and worked where I was needed if asked.
Good work and life balance
Information Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 12, 2013
Pros: people were very nice.
Cons: pay was fairly low.
Because the pay was below standard for the area and level of expertise, it was nice that my supervisor ensured that I did not feel like I had to work more than 45 hours a week.
ACMC
Eligibility Specialist II (Current Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 8, 2013
Alameda County Medical Center- Great company to work for. Serves residence of alameda county with low income and no healthcare insurance.Largest Trauma center in east bay area.
i enjoyed working there
Certifed Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJuly 26, 2013
Pros: nurese week, holidays
Cons: two 15min breaks 30m for lunch
on a good all patient up by 7;45 am ready for physical therapy ,taking to have breakfast, making sure med's are given v/s tare done .It very diversified with all gender . very gun shot, stroke ,head injuries , heart attack, p.t that able to go home.co-work just one greatest staff I had the pleasure to work with. being able to help some one in need.
A good safety net hospital to work for.
Central Sterile Processing Manager (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJuly 8, 2013
This organization is a fun place to work - work environment great.
N/A
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee), Oakland, CAJune 12, 2013
Pros: opportunity to care for the underpivileged patients who need the support the most.
Cons: poor team work, poor work life balance, unsafe practices, safety issues, missing camaraderie within the hospital, low retention rate
This is a per diem job I took for the flexibilty it offered for school and to be on dayshift. The location of the hospital is very dangerous and the system is broken. However, I do care a lot for my patients and always serve my pateints with respect, compassion, and quality care. Some of the co-workers are very nice, but most are so busy that team work – more... is severly lacking which makes the position even more difficult. I have very high expectations and it makes working for a broken system difficult, however, I prefer not to talk badly about any of my jobs. The pateints are real people, struggling with no health care and my heart goes out to them. Again, my patients are the best part of the job.
Since I am orginally from Ohio and I was not aware of the dynamics of all the hospitals in the bay area. – less
A great enviroment to cultivate and build your stregth
Administrative Secretary II (Current Employee), San LeandroJune 4, 2013
Pros: beautiful campuses and free parking
I appreciate the Medical Center for its vision, mission of teaching and direction for the future. Its leaderships dedication and commitment to the highest level of quality care is inspiring and felt bone deep on every level of service. ACMC- Alameda Health Systems has been a remarkable place to work. Challenging at times but with every challenge there – more... has been growth. – less
Work review of an oncall employee.
Housekeeping Worker (Former Employee), Oakland,CALIFORNIAMay 20, 2013
Pros: time at work goes by fast due to nature of work.
Cons: on call employee.
I was assigined to various departments of the hosipital each shift depending on staffing needs. I learned something new each day. Management provided on going education to enhace job quality.

My fellow co workers always helped each other. Management was fair and was aceesable for questions and discussions.

The hardest part of the job was being an – more... on-call you are not assigned to any department permanmently,you can be called anytime to go to work and no set amount of hours.

I meet alot of good people who care about patients and coworkers. I learned to appreciate lfe. – less
poor place to work
Eligibility Clerk (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMarch 4, 2013
lack of communication.People really dont care about their job just want a pay check.
Great Staff
Intern (Former Employee), Oakland ,caJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Assisting Nurses and Doctors . Learned alot from the different departments . Great Managers . Great Co Workers . Neutral
Poorly trained and incompetant micromanagers
Health Care Clinician (Former Employee), Fairmont, HighlandDecember 22, 2012
Pros: great patient population and great opportunity to experience complex diagnoses, great salary and pension plan.
Cons: rehab director dismisses clinical input, small minded micro-managing fear-based leadership who do not support their staff, sometimes maliciously, not worth the ongoing negativity battle for clinicians who advocate for patients, poor standard of practice quality and underperforming colleagues, poor supervision quality.
One year max for exposure, but don't expect quality supervision. Awful place to work in the long run.
Productive and Great workplace freindly Enviroment and great people.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Oakland, CADecember 8, 2012
Daily Task Stocking, Loading and performing various jobs.