ALAMO CITY MEDICAL GROUP Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Decent environment
Medical Assistant Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TxMay 23, 2015
Working for Alamo City Medical Group was to be the beginning of a great experience for me. I was able to meet with the manager in the morning to review the daily activities of the clinic flow. There was too many changes in providers at the time I was there so the clinic flow was constantly changing. Half of the staff was friendly and seemed to take interest in patient care.
Pros
There were constant lunches provided by drug reps and vendors
Cons
I was laid off
Normal day at work
Executive Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 8, 2014
Arrived early to check the mail box and log on to the computer to see what was on the schedule for the day.
Turned the phone on and started my day helping whoever walked in the office or called .
Opened all in coming mail and helped out the billing department with out going mail..
I learned how to take care of all office equipment and helped HR with new hires.
I was there for anyone who needed my help.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with maintenance problems at the clinics.
I enjoyed my coworkers being able to help them with when needed my help.
Routine care of Toyota employees
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TxApril 5, 2014
Assist Physician and staff of daily care of Toyota employees. Medical and paramedical examinations as needed.
Tense work environment.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 26, 2013
A typical day at work was not knowing what my responsibilities were going to be that day aside from being assigned my responsibilities for the quarter. Co-workers would call in sick and my responsibilities would be put on hold in order to cover theirs and I would fall behind on mine. There was too much preferences among management and co-workers. I did make the best of the situation by completing my assignment and full filling my responsibilities for that day. I enjoyed being able to multitask and show that I was dependable. Over all I enjoyed the company of a few co-workers and the job experience.
Pros
A couple of great friendships came out of the position. Free lunch, of course, and needing to be out by 5pm.
Cons
Company not fulfilling their responsibilities to me. Management have preferences.
Just bought out by Concentra
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasJuly 3, 2013
Things are changing since the locally owned and operated company was bought out by a large corporation.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks, busy clinic.
Most of the people are very nice.
Occupational Medicine Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 21, 2012
Could benefit from stronger upper level leader.Owner is a great and fair across the board. Cares about his employees as individuals.
Pros
ability to learn different areas of the business.
Cons
lacks in structure and stability and inexperienced leader.
The Doctors and PA great to work with. Met great people
Medical Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 6, 2012
It was a very interesting place to work for. The Dr's are great. My day would start organizing my self, check my message's and return call back to patient's that left me a message to answer thier questions.I learned that you can go above and beyond the call of duty,and it will go unnoticed. Management was very poor, My coworker's were the highlight of my day.the hardest part was to tell my patient's that i could not authorize the referral, because thier Dr. is no longer accepting the insurance,even when they say,but i have been going for year's. the best part is when i get the patient into where they need to go and you tell them referral is done ,and they exhale and say thank you. That made my day, that makes it worth it all.
Pros
marketing reps were fun, free lunches, loved my patients
Cons
no breaks, management
Productive and good work enviorment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 15, 2012
I have learned how to manage so many clinics at once. and maintain good communication skills with different companies that we deal with on a daily bases.

ALAMO CITY MEDICAL GROUP Reviews by Location