Cold beer, hot movies, and delicious snacks and meals; The Alamo Drafthouse is dinner, drinks, movies and events, all under one roof. Our attention to detail in film presentation and programming has made us a second home to movie fans all over the planet and earned accolades from the likes of Entertainment Weekly (#1 theater in America), Wired.com (Coolest Movie Theater in the World) and Fandango.com (One of the Best Theaters in the Country).
Tell me a little bit about why you would want to work for us!
You can learn more about us here: http://drafthouse.com/about/what_is_the_alamo
The Kitchen Manager is a fundamental part of the management team and is responsible for maximizing profits and controlling many factors such as product costs, inventory efficiencies, maximizing storage and space, labor cost, staffing levels, staff development, safety, sanitation practices/systems and productivity. The KM manages all kitchen operations and kitchen staff development. The KMs main priority is to achieve optimal product, people and financial results, including developing others to support this priority.
- One (1) year minimum of high volume venue experience. Prior Alamo Drafthouse experience will be considered in lieu of venue experience. Previous theater management is beneficial.
- ServSafe Certification, local Heath Cards (as required) and TABC Certification are required.
- Must be positive, fun, coachable and open minded.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High guest satisfaction expectations and focus.
- Resourceful problem-solving skills.
- Consistently maintain high performance standards.
- Expected work week of 45 hours minimum; higher volume seasons and heavier work weeks are expected.
- Basic computer knowledge (Microsoft Office) and office skills required.