Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 11, 2017
It was a great, fun place to work, but at the end of the day the only way to move up is to move. Corporate management has no idea what they are doing when it comes to moving in new General Managers to locations. Last one (who was fired recently) had no respect for staff and refused to do any work that didn't benefit him directly.
Pros
Discounted food, free movies, awesome people
Cons
Hourly positions pay is terrible, lack of structure and accountability
Fun and inviting atmosphere
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 7, 2017
Alamo Drafthouse cares for their employees and wants what is best for everyone.

Levels of productivity could range from slow to extremely busy. Multiple areas of operation makes it challenging yet rewarding.
Was dun durning trainging
Pizza Maker\ trainer (Former Employee) –  Omaha neNovember 5, 2017
Was good durning training but after that 3 week period they changed ecerything around it was no longer a fun place to work but they wanted u to stay late and wouldn't compare the missed time ...
Pros
Free movies
Cons
Short breaks
job for kids
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 23, 2017
immature enviroment . there is a culture of child like behavior at Alamo. I wouldnt recommend this job unless the person applying is in high school or Jr. high
ok place to work at
Runner (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COOctober 22, 2017
it is an okay place to work in. great food and grate food. they are flexible and cool to work with. they look at the team as one big family.i would continue to work there but felt like it was not my type of work.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short braks
fun stressful enviroment
Server (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYOctober 20, 2017
great money great co workers, messy managers. you have a time in but you never know when your going to clock out, they really take advantage of you. this is a place for younger people who dont really have a life anywhere else. you live breathe alamo. cool movies good drinks and food.
Pros
shift meal discount on booz and movies tickets.
Cons
managers are never on the same page.
Greatest place to work!
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIOctober 7, 2017
The absolute most fun job you could ever have! Never a dull moment! Great food, movies, friends and family! My favorite job! #RemeberTheAlamoKalamazoo!
Was fun for the first two years, but the charm wore off eventually
Runner (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78227October 3, 2017
I really enjoyed working at the Drafthouse for the first few years I was there. I really liked my coworkers, the work was busy enough to where I was never bored, but never too busy to where I got overwhelmed, and the hours were decent even if I didn't always know when my shifts would end.

But the last year I worked there was the most stressful. We were severely understaffed and couldn't keep up with the busy movie days. Some days I worked nearly 12 hours in a single shift, and the shift hours weren't fixed so I never knew when I was going to get off work.
Pros
discounted food and drinks (including alcohol), free movies
Cons
no fixed-hour shifts
Great Culture
Server/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Can't beat the culture and the people. Almost impossible to move into a corporate role. But otherwise a great company to work for. The free movies is what keeps a lot of people working there. Great discounts on food and drinks on your day off. Great people to work with. If you love movies this is the best theatre to work with.
Pros
Free movies, shift meals, great people to work for
Cons
Long shifts on weekends with no real breaks
Wonderful place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 13, 2017
It's really just a great place to work. The work is hard (sometimes, a little overwhelming and fast paced) but the culture and community is really worth it.
A New Challenge Daily
Manager (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 4, 2017
The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema provides you with an fun environment; where not one day is the same as the day before! Fast-Paced, Friendly, For Movie Lovers!
Pros
Movies
Great workplace, with great benefits
Server Trainer/Server (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 29, 2017
A typical day at work meant coming in, working two movies, and then cleaning a theatre and going home. Each day is different though and some days you work 3 movies and other days you get cut before working 1 movie.
Everything that Alamo stands for is awesome. If you work for an ADC store, you get great benefits, and I always worked for awesome managers and amazing co workers.
The hardest part of the job is when you end up short staffed because a movie did better than expected, and you all of the sudden are making food and drinks for way more people than anticipated. It's a high volume, high stress environment at times. Everyone usually works really hard and I loved the team work that everyone displayed at my location.
The managers are laid back and really understanding of your life outside of work. They expect had work, but also respect you as an individual and actually care about their staff being happy. The CEO is awesome, and I really respect the management teams.
Moving up can be somewhat difficult. If you work really hard, and you keep an open line of communication with your managers about your future goals, it is possible to move up.
Pros
Discounts. Free movies. Ability to get out of/pick up more shifts. Work flexibility.
Cons
Short breaks, if you even get one. Can get really stressful at times.
great place
Event Coordinator, Front of House manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2017
great place to work at, managers were great, workplace is awesome, fast pace but you will make money, great hours, the events I managed and my staff were amazing.
Great Place To Work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 10, 2017
Amazing company with incredible advancement opportunities. Fast paced but fun work environment. Company is open to new ideas to improve and provide excellent guest satisfaction.
Fast paced but ill managed
Server (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 4, 2017
I loved working here, but in the end the hardest part of the job was how personal the management would take it if you were having a bad day. I was very rarely delegated and went in knowing what needed to be done and got it all done with ease. My coworkers were like family, but management chooses favorites. I learned that I have a very hard work ethic and am quick on my feet and quick to help others when they are in the weeds.
Pros
shift meals, discounts on food, free movie tickets
Cons
no breaks
Great Perks!
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 3, 2017
Cool concept with great perks! Get to work with great team with lots of talent in a cool work environment. The workload is intense and it is difficult to have a voice sometimes as a support department.
Pros
Unlimited free movies and F&B tabs
Fast-Paced, Demanding, High Volume
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 21, 2017
Worked there for <2 years. Poor new management and scheduling drive me away. You will be dealing with a lot of food/drinks regardless of where you work there. Everyone starts out as a runner(human fuel source for the company).
Pros
Shift meal
Cons
Short breaks, stressful work, poor scheduling
Great environment, very poor management
Server (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJune 16, 2017
The work culture at Alamo Drafthouse New Braunfels, was wonderful, for the most part. My coworkers were amazing, and we worked as a close knit family. Management, however, was lacking. The general manager did not know what he was doing, and the lower management was basically running the location. It was a bit of a mess, as the managers liked to play favorites. Aside from that, it is handsdown the best job I have ever had. If I had the opportunity to go back, I would take it in a heartbeat!
Pros
Free movies, Great coworkers, Discounted food, Decent perks
Cons
Poor management, Very limited break time, Difficult clientele
Definitely
Cook (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 16, 2017
Definitely andope place to work. Co workers and very welcoming and helpful. It's a fast paced job so you're always busy and never bored. Plus employees get free movie tickets.
Pros
Free movie tickets
Fun productive workplace, not enough hours
Service/bartender (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 30, 2017
They overhired so when I was working 4-5 days originally per week now I only work 1-2 days per week since they've hired so many people, but when working there I was always able to handle rushes and take care of customers