Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Employer Reviews

The most enjoyable part of the job
Waitress (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MichiganFebruary 2, 2014
Getting to know all the staff! There were a lot of challenges we faced as servers that were more easily overcome with teamwork.
Great place for a part timer
Bartender (Current Employee), San AntonioSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: free movies, 50% off food and drinks, constant rewards to let you know your appreciated
Cons: very late hours, servers- no customers, no money
Being a bartender at the drafthouse you get to be in the most desired spot there. Granted it still is a minimum wage job, but its definitely a very fun and positive environment to work in. The management is normally very lenient and fun people and the company is growing at an extremely fast rate so there is tons of room for advancement and relocation.
A challenging but fun work place
A/V Tech (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 31, 2013
I worked live sound and video engineering for public and private events.
I learned a lot of video skills which I didn't possess before working there.
Management there was amazing as far as my experience.
Last minute requests by clients was consistently the hardest part of the job.
I really enjoyed working with great people as well as working all the – more... events. – less
Alamo Drafthouse Cinema
Recruiter (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 18, 2013
Pros: amazing coworkers
Cons: no cons
Nerf Gun Battles and Movies

It's an awesome place, with an awesome vision ran by awesome people. It's a gem of a concept that will one day rule the world.
Great Company to work for
Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 7, 2013
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: long hours
Great Company to work for. Free movies are definitely a plus.
Interesting, Productive and Growing Group with a great future ahead
Social Media Intern (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 11, 2013
Very fun place to intern in my last semester at UT. Great co-workers who extended their knowledge, core beliefs and brand ideals on to me. I learned about the maintenance and growth required to expand a brand and develop a company. Through Social Media I also was taught the invaluable lesson of the importance of technology in the development of a company. – more... The hardest part of the job was creating intriguing and inspiring content for our fans and followers, while it was most enjoyable to learn it was also difficult to determine what would be reviewed well and what would lead to future company growth. – less
Fun and interesting work enviornment.
Server (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 2, 2012
Pros: free food, free movies, comradery, flexiable schedule.
Cons: expensive healthcare.
The Alamo Drafthouse is an awesome place to work. It's a breezy job that any person would be happy to have. The staff and management are all on the same page when it comes to team work. Everyone helps everyone. It's a place that inspires a person to be dedicated to customer service, work harder, and to take pride in their position in the company.
A great place to work.
Lead Server (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: free shift meals
Cons: short breaks, no health care, not enough hours
A typical day at work would include setting before the customers come. Learning new daily specials and quick meetings. Introducing yourself to customers why selling new products. MAKING SURE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE AND IS EXCITED TO COME BACK. Turn in orders and run drinks and food to 20 tables in a theater setting. Closing checks and cleaning – more... theaters and side duties. Co-workers are amazing its a Austin, TX style company and we are all young adults who work very hard and are passionate to succeed. The hardest part of the job would be moping a theater of 250 seats. The most enjoyable is the comfort of our regulars the support of the staff and everyone treats each other like family! – less
Great place to work.
Guest Services Department Manager (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJuly 22, 2012
Very fast paced. Plenty of perks, pay could be more. Weekends are crazy busy, and other than summertime, the weekdays are pretty laid back
one of the best places i have ever worked
Line cook (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 8, 2012
i miss it every day. i was a cook at one of the stores in Austin -- very busy, very fun, a warm, friendly environment with amazing food and some of the best people i've ever had the pleasure of working with.

Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Photos