Alamo National Employee Reviews

Was fun while it lasted
Adminstrative Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJune 20, 2017
Bought out by another company that did not want to accomadate employees from company, had to leave company . Was an enjoyable fun fast paced position on airport
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Sold out to competion
Fun and challenging
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 15, 2017
No two days are ever the same.

Some days go smoothly, and some days are stressful, but as a team we worked together to meet all challenges. We were often rewarded for all our hard work with food, parties, and bonuses!
Great Work Environment
Car Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTJune 14, 2017
I love the Job and I love the Work Environment of Nation/alamo. the company makes me feel at home each and everyday i come to work. I would highly recommend this job to other people
Pros
Good Pay and Reasonable hours
Cons
slow work days
na
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Kona, HIJune 10, 2017
great team work good customers
always something to learn enjoy coming to work
good management love my co workers
always and nice and clean willing to give ot if needed
Good experience
Return Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 10, 2017
Great place to get your career started. Also a great place where your very eligible for advancements in positions available to the criteria you meet. Very Flexible, fun, and easy work environment. But, if customer service is NOT your forte this is not a place for you.
Pros
Discounts, Health benefits, Career Advances, Pto, Otp.
Cons
Productive and interesting work with selling benefits to customers who were from different parts of the country and the world
Rental Car Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAJune 9, 2017
A typical day would consist of selling car class change upgrades and options to the customer. I learned valuable selling skills and learning to identify the needs of the customer. Management was responsive to the needs of the employees when it came to helping with technical or computer operated issues. They were also very supportive when it came to difficult customers. The hardest part of the job would be when there was a lot of down time, or when it would become very busy in a matter of minutes. I feel the most enjoyable element of the job was interacting with the customers and making fun recommendations for customers to upgrade into nicer vehicles.
Pros
customer service bonuses and profit sharing
Cons
difficult getting the schedule you want, long commute to work
Poor work to life ratio
RETURN AGENT (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIJune 8, 2017
This job forces you over constantly when someone doesn't show up for work which is all the time. Management changes every 6-8 months so someone new is always coming in trying to reinvent the wheel. Managers are young kids trying to prove something which makes it had to do your job because you will have two and three mangers telling different things.
Pros
Helps to feed your family
Cons
Hours, Management, Always short staffed
Good if you love stability, but not so great if you need more flexibility.
Client Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 4, 2017
Some locations are Union, which is great if you are seeking stability, but not so great if you need flexibility with the schedule. National and Alamo are under the Enterprise Holdings umbrella and sometimes seems like National/Alamo is the step child and doesn't always receive the necessary support it needs or deserves. It can get frustrating at times working under these conditions. But the crew that does work for National/Alamo are some of the greatest folks around. Working here is a nice thing.
Pros
Great staff, stability
Cons
Poor Management umbrella, inflexible schedule.
productivity leads to more work.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 3, 2017
A typical day at work would include clocking in, setting work area/tool box up, pulling vehicle assignment into work area and completing task at hand.
Pros
good people
Cons
favoritism
Fellow workers are courteous and friendly.
Shuttle Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HIJune 2, 2017
Working at Alamo is a constantly moving job. This job requires lifting and moving many travel bags and suitcases daily. It is a repetitious job that requires constant focus for driving safety.
Pros
Look forward to shift's end.
Cons
Always pushed to hurry.

Want to know more about Alamo National?

Ask a question
Seasonal & Competitive
Car Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 26, 2017
This job was seasonal with promise of promotion if I showed excellence. Into which was not for filled. It was seasonal because all positions were permanently taken. No benefits, no advancements, therefore no job security. It was an excellent experience. I was very fortunate to end on Sunday and start next door with Fox Rent A Car.
Pros
Fast paced, good commision pay
Cons
no oppertunity for advancement
ok
Rental Agent, Springfield, Missouri Airport (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 25, 2017
its a ok job but doesn't pay enough to be working at a airport. However it is a job and the advantages is renting cars and customer service and meeting new people.
Pros
customer service skills go up
Cons
no benefits
it was a good job
detaier (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXMay 23, 2017
the job was good until we had new management. and the started to take preference with a cetain few .and I got offered more money at a different car wash so I took it.
Pros
a good job that taught me how to detail
Great working Environment
Agent (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 11, 2017
Renting cars is more gratifying than one may think. Working there gave computer skills, especially computer systems. On occasion we would run out of cars it gave me de-escalation skills.
Decent place to work
Return Agent (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 5, 2017
When its not super hot or raining then a great job to have. They recently added an cover over the return lane that provides shade. But does little to nothing for the rain since there are gaps in the cover.
Fun environment
Return Agent (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIMay 1, 2017
Returned car rentals, fast paced and fun customers and employees. Management could be better and very hard for advancement. Environment is very out going and employees always helping in other departments.
Pros
Great medical benifits
Productive workplace
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLApril 27, 2017
Worked at the airport location so it was a very busy location. We would rent out vehicles to customers and do upgrades which went into our commission checks.
Pros
Discounts on rentals
Cons
Late nights
Great place to work at, easy work, for easy pay.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 26, 2017
It's very laid back kind of job. Once you get the hang of what you need to do, drive a car from the base yard to the car lot for customers to pick up, Its a easy job to get into and handle for a long period of time for the pay.
Fun and Flexible
Driver (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 26, 2017
You got to drive a tow truck around to drop off cars to body shops and customers. You had the freedom to plan your day around pick ups and deliveries. It was fun...didn't even mind coming in on weekends to wash cars either.
Pros
Flexiability
Cons
All day in a car or truck
Wonderful Place to work
Return Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 19, 2017
Working for National Enterprise Holdings was wonderful. I was able to work as many hours a week that I wanted to, and they worked with me about my public transportation schedule.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Worked Outside

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alamo National. Our community is ready to answer.