Alamo National Employee Reviews in United States

Drive! and Greet!
Transit Operator (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 22, 2016
Just drive the bus from the rentals to the airport and just do it all over again and again. Some days were faster than others, depending on how many were traveling that day. But for the most part it was a pretty fun place to be.
Pros
Driving was easy!
Cons
They would have you rotating shifts!
Not the best job but a good starter job
Greeter/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 21, 2016
i like my position as greeter , but the real money is at the front counter. if your not at front counter your not making much at all.
Pros
good work schedule
Cons
managers suck, pay sucks, and you always end up doing everyone elses job
awesome place
Driver (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 12, 2016
loved driving all the cars and hanging out with everybody who worked there. great employees, the higher up management never really comes around., i think they just play runescape or wow in the offices all day
Car cleaning
Detailer and Driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 5, 2016
A typical day of work would be cleaning cars full detail as well as drive the cars to and from the airport and checking for damage done to the cars .
exciting and rewarding
Shuttle driver / customer service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 29, 2016
working for Alamo has given many and exciting opportunity meeting and communicating with people from different nationality learning other areas of the company for advancement.
Pros
rental discount
Cons
travel
Alamo Review
Return Agent (Former Employee) –  Kona, HIJune 23, 2016
On a daily basis work was usually very busy, fast paced, high volume and stressful at times. we would typically greet and assist at least 300+ guest in a 8 hour shift. working here required a lot of team work due to the fact that every position directly connected to another. We dealt with many high maintenance guest who at times could be very difficult do to this fact we had to develop tons of patience, customer service, quick thinking, problem solving and time management. I worked very closely with management and fellow employees due to the constant amount of customers we would service. Everyone would usually work and communicate very well which made things easier for all. The hardest part about this job was that it was outside which would make it hot and the fact that it would be very difficult to deal with high maintenance guest at times. The most enjoyable part is that I had an excellent team working with me so worlk was always enjoyable and productive, if help was ever needed from a fellow employee or manager it was only a radio call away.
Pros
great work environment and staff, employee benefits, room to grow within the company.
Cons
low pay, stressful and hot.
Productive outgoing place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 21, 2016
Assist customers with questions or help with car rental issues, provide receipts upon return of any vehicles. Gps inventory, resovle billing issues.
high paced, outdoor environment
Rental Return Agent (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLMay 24, 2016
the workers are cool, underpaid tropical environment. Customer interaction is key to making extra tips. Hardest prt of job is working in tropical Florida sun
Great Managerial Experience
STATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAMay 16, 2016
Great fast paced environment where you are required to think on your toes and make executive decisions. You will learn how to manage a large staff in various positions.
productive
customer service agent (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAMay 2, 2016
The company itself was really great in the beginning the management and co-workers were interacting in positive ways. A year into the job, their were new management that came.
Pros
co-workers, customers
Cons
the new management
Overall it helps you build a great sales tract
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 27, 2016
Typical day at the job is just getting customers to buy insurance, upset and etc. I learned a lot working for the company if you put in hard work it pays off but there is no room for advancement. The work life balance its tough if you want to make money you work on the retail days but that means Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights.
Pros
Great commission
Cons
no life
great company
RESERVATION SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 20, 2016
when I worked at National it was part of the General Motors company we received all the same benefits that GM employees had, you were treated well
Pros
salary plus commision, benefits
Great place to work and nice Job Culture
International Business collections (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 15, 2016
The average work day included collecting bad debt from International Companies all over the world for rental car vouchers and maintain accounts receivable.

Management and co-workers were great to work with.
Pros
Great co-workers and Benefits
my personal opinion
Exit Booth Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 14, 2016
well, my day work usually fun and exciting more specially with my team mate in other words coworker. I've learned a lot in the past 9 years. management team are wonderful and they all are great people. my coworker are the best group of people to work with. honestly I can't pick anything hard regarding my job. the most enjoyable part of my job is when my shift is ended.
Almo/National Greeter
Greeter (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 14, 2016
A typical say at work would have me standing outside to assist customers into their their car,giving them as much information about the car. Smiling and always asking them how was their customer service inside. Co-workers are great to work with.
Pros
Every other friday Free Ice Cream, Great benefit.
Cons
Managers a little uptight when the branch managers are here! Most of them are dictators.
could use some remodeling
Shuttle Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 14, 2016
This company changes managers to often and expect the employees that have been there to continue to get great scores, when they don"t know how it works. By the time they figure it out the ship them off to their own office.
Pros
great people working there.
Cons
Management needs an upgrade
Productive work experience for a out going staff person.
Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10024March 2, 2016
A typical day at work is getting the car to the location on time for my customer.
What I learned was how to negotiate.
Management was the main component of the work experience.
a: Having what the customer wanted
b: Getting what the customer wanted at the right location on time.
c: Offering the best rates a customer could work well with.

The hardest part of the job was not having what the customer wanted and or dealing with rejection from the customer.
eg. suggestive sales men ship.

I enjoyed the experience of offering good customer service to my customers.
Pros
Having what my customers needed when they needed it.
Cons
Not having what my customers needed when they needed it.
Was a great place to work for it was family oriented
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 16, 2016
I enjoyed working for the company, got along with other employees as well as the customers. Only problem I had was the scheduling that in the end did not meet what I needed.
Pros
Met a lot of different people and learned alot from them
Cons
Not suited for a person who has a family and other commitments due to the various scheduling
ok
Rental Agent (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 8, 2016
No advancement without degree regardless of experience and skill. Compensation dependent upon sales, however hourly pay rates could use improvement.
In ulgy garage setting
Customer Service National (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 2, 2016
A typical day or evening shift that I was on, was to park your car in the employee parking lot. Better have your ID badge! Take the bus to the Airport Terminal, allow 20 minutes time to do this. Clock in and get an assigned booth in garage. Look over contacts, up-sale guests to convertibles or roomer automobiles and sale the gas for their return. Take break and return to the same dull job. Management was heartless, pulling us into one booth on Christmas Day to tell us what we were doing wrong. Heard later that he was let go shortly after I resigned. Most enjoyable part of the job was leaving for the night!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
short breaks and compensation