Alamo National Employee Reviews

high paced, outdoor environment
Rental Return Agent (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLMay 24, 2016
the workers are cool, underpaid tropical environment. Customer interaction is key to making extra tips. Hardest prt of job is working in tropical Florida sun
Great Managerial Experience
STATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAMay 16, 2016
Great fast paced environment where you are required to think on your toes and make executive decisions. You will learn how to manage a large staff in various positions.
productive
customer service agent (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAMay 2, 2016
The company itself was really great in the beginning the management and co-workers were interacting in positive ways. A year into the job, their were new management that came.
Pros
co-workers, customers
Cons
the new management
Overall it helps you build a great sales tract
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 27, 2016
Typical day at the job is just getting customers to buy insurance, upset and etc. I learned a lot working for the company if you put in hard work it pays off but there is no room for advancement. The work life balance its tough if you want to make money you work on the retail days but that means Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights.
Pros
Great commission
Cons
no life
great company
RESERVATION SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 20, 2016
when I worked at National it was part of the General Motors company we received all the same benefits that GM employees had, you were treated well
Pros
salary plus commision, benefits
Great place to work and nice Job Culture
International Business collections (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 15, 2016
The average work day included collecting bad debt from International Companies all over the world for rental car vouchers and maintain accounts receivable.

Management and co-workers were great to work with.
Pros
Great co-workers and Benefits
my personal opinion
Exit Booth Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 14, 2016
well, my day work usually fun and exciting more specially with my team mate in other words coworker. I've learned a lot in the past 9 years. management team are wonderful and they all are great people. my coworker are the best group of people to work with. honestly I can't pick anything hard regarding my job. the most enjoyable part of my job is when my shift is ended.
Almo/National Greeter
Greeter (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 14, 2016
A typical say at work would have me standing outside to assist customers into their their car,giving them as much information about the car. Smiling and always asking them how was their customer service inside. Co-workers are great to work with.
Pros
Every other friday Free Ice Cream, Great benefit.
Cons
Managers a little uptight when the branch managers are here! Most of them are dictators.
could use some remodeling
Shuttle Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 14, 2016
This company changes managers to often and expect the employees that have been there to continue to get great scores, when they don"t know how it works. By the time they figure it out the ship them off to their own office.
Pros
great people working there.
Cons
Management needs an upgrade
Productive work experience for a out going staff person.
Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10024March 2, 2016
A typical day at work is getting the car to the location on time for my customer.
What I learned was how to negotiate.
Management was the main component of the work experience.
a: Having what the customer wanted
b: Getting what the customer wanted at the right location on time.
c: Offering the best rates a customer could work well with.

The hardest part of the job was not having what the customer wanted and or dealing with rejection from the customer.
eg. suggestive sales men ship.

I enjoyed the experience of offering good customer service to my customers.
Pros
Having what my customers needed when they needed it.
Cons
Not having what my customers needed when they needed it.
Was a great place to work for it was family oriented
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 16, 2016
I enjoyed working for the company, got along with other employees as well as the customers. Only problem I had was the scheduling that in the end did not meet what I needed.
Pros
Met a lot of different people and learned alot from them
Cons
Not suited for a person who has a family and other commitments due to the various scheduling
ok
Rental Agent (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 8, 2016
No advancement without degree regardless of experience and skill. Compensation dependent upon sales, however hourly pay rates could use improvement.
In ulgy garage setting
Customer Service National (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 2, 2016
A typical day or evening shift that I was on, was to park your car in the employee parking lot. Better have your ID badge! Take the bus to the Airport Terminal, allow 20 minutes time to do this. Clock in and get an assigned booth in garage. Look over contacts, up-sale guests to convertibles or roomer automobiles and sale the gas for their return. Take break and return to the same dull job. Management was heartless, pulling us into one booth on Christmas Day to tell us what we were doing wrong. Heard later that he was let go shortly after I resigned. Most enjoyable part of the job was leaving for the night!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
short breaks and compensation
Reservation agent
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Panama City, Panama(Central America)December 23, 2015
As a reservation agent I was responsible to collect relevant information for the processing of the reservations for car rental customers in English and Spanish
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
I worked at National Car Rental part-time (More than a year)
shuttle driver (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 21, 2015
Worst management I've ever seen - they treat employees like dirt - no chance for advancement if they decide they don't like you, no matter how good your performance is on the job - terrible pay - hateful attitude of management - they promote trouble makers and ignore good employees - hostile work environment some of the time - drug use amongst employees
Pros
Outside-Get to drive nice cars-fun co-workers
Cons
Dishonest management, only care about themselves, treat their employees like dirt, only promote trouble makers, good employees get snubbed, lots of drug use amongst employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2015
The Enterprise Rent-A-Car, ERAC, job culture is truly a unique and educational experience. It is one that allows the motivated and persistent employee to gain success. ERAC trains and guides some of the best sales and marketing personnel in Corporate America through a training program that teaches one the ins and outs of customer service, sales, marketing and most importantly the art of negotiation. Although it is a very strenuous and chaotic industry working with ERAC was very rewarding.
Fun, productive job
Lead Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  charlotteNovember 2, 2015
The most wonderful job, I ever had. The people was so wonderful to work with and be around all the time. It was a good learning challenges. Good promotions.
productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HIOctober 21, 2015
a typicall day a work would include me cleaning inside and out a returned vehicle and also transproting customers to there destination
nice company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNOctober 10, 2015
It was National Car Rental not Alamo. And it was inbound calling. and it was a nice company I would probably still be there if they hadn't relocated to Boston
Pros
Easy access
Cons
they moved
First Job out of high school
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  milwaukee wiOctober 9, 2015
I was a service agent , I washed and detailed vehicles before they were sent to the airport to be rented . I also did oil changes etc for maintence when required . the job was ok , just was slow on some days . Im a very active person
Pros
good lunches
Cons
to slow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alamo National. Our community is ready to answer.