Alamo National Employee Reviews

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2015
The Enterprise Rent-A-Car, ERAC, job culture is truly a unique and educational experience. It is one that allows the motivated and persistent employee to gain success. ERAC trains and guides some of the best sales and marketing personnel in Corporate America through a training program that teaches one the ins and outs of customer service, sales, marketing and most importantly the art of negotiation. Although it is a very strenuous and chaotic industry working with ERAC was very rewarding.
Fun, productive job
Lead Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  charlotteNovember 2, 2015
The most wonderful job, I ever had. The people was so wonderful to work with and be around all the time. It was a good learning challenges. Good promotions.
productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HIOctober 21, 2015
a typicall day a work would include me cleaning inside and out a returned vehicle and also transproting customers to there destination
nice company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNOctober 10, 2015
It was National Car Rental not Alamo. And it was inbound calling. and it was a nice company I would probably still be there if they hadn't relocated to Boston
Pros
Easy access
Cons
they moved
First Job out of high school
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  milwaukee wiOctober 9, 2015
I was a service agent , I washed and detailed vehicles before they were sent to the airport to be rented . I also did oil changes etc for maintence when required . the job was ok , just was slow on some days . Im a very active person
Pros
good lunches
Cons
to slow
good experience
Lot attendant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 4, 2015
started early ended late. Very busy and quick moving work enviroment. was kept busy all day. Fun to experience new types of vehicle and help Customers with knowledge of those vehicles.
Pros
fun learning experience
Cons
pay
Fun Job
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 29, 2015
Up-dating reservation list, making sure cars are ready and on the line for our customer's when they arrive to pick-up their rental vehicle. Updated spreadsheets for inventory, Provided the best customer service to our business and leisure travelers. Had a great group of employees to work with which made this job not be a job.
You will learn the true definition of customer service here.
Rental Return Agent (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MISeptember 15, 2015
This is a hustle job. You are always moving whenever a customer comes in to return a vehicle. You have to check for damage, ask questions to see if they had any problems during their rental time, fix their bill if needed, direct them to the shuttle needed for their airlines and etc all while in the storm, sun, snow or rain.
Pros
Plenty of overtime available.
Cons
Being outside in all weather conditions during your shift.
Great Job Tough Co-workers
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLSeptember 5, 2015
I loved working at this job because I got to do my two favorite things, talk and meet tons of different people! My only reason for leaving this job is because I was a brand new single mother of an infant and as she started to be able to walk and talk she wanted me around more. Since I always worked at night and she was at daycare during the day I got little time with her. When I asked my (3) other co-workers if any of them would trade a couple days a week so I could be at home with my baby at night ALL of them said no. When I asked the reason I was told "no one helped me when I started". After trying to get this resolved with management to no avail I realized that things were not going to change so I looked for other employment.
Pros
Fun job overall, good incentive programs
Cons
Co-workers attitudes, lack of management help
Productive and fun place to work, very busy
Customer Service/Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 18, 2015
Answer phone calls, clean cars, return cars, and rent cars.
Help customers with any need they had and give them the best car that fit their needs.
Productive and social work place
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 13, 2015
While working at National- Alamo Car Rental I created customer contracts, reported vehicles stolen, renewed licensed plates and tags. I also did clerical work, filing important paper work to other establishments. The hardest part of the job was vehicle retrieval, and working with unruly, difficult customers at times.However, I thoroughly enjoyed my work environment, and the set work schedule was a positive aspect as well.
Pros
Set work schedule/ steady pay hours
Cons
Minimal pay raises, low pay
Fun Place to work
Driver agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaAugust 10, 2015
I was in transition in my life so this job was good. Everyone had a Professional attitude and did there job well And I had associates,
It was a pretty good time there.
Pros
we got to leave the site and go eat wherever but had to come back before break was over
enjoyed the customer interaction
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 7, 2015
worked outside in the parking garage interacting with people renting and returning cars. Upgraded types of cars as necessary if problems arose. changed return times in computer so the customer didn't have to pay additional charges.
Pros
worked w me on my scheduing arrangements
Cons
had to upsell once the car was rented
Like It
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 6, 2015
I like this job because it deals with customer service and I love to help people. The hours wasn't so great and the managers were ok.
A fast pace fun work enviornment
Reservation Agent/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCAugust 6, 2015
Taking customer calls , making car rental domestic and international reservations. Assisting other employees with their daily job functions.Quality assurance for the employees.
Pros
Freindly place to work with a flexible schedule
Cons
Pay not competitive
management
MAINTAINANCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  4300 global gateway conn collage park ga 30337July 21, 2015
I work Alamo car rental for 31 years and I manager the lot to get the cars ready for rent I oversee the agents that clean the cars and also work maintenance shop oversee the agents fix vehicle getting them ready for rent
very rewarding job but sometimes stressful
Sales Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 18, 2015
most of the time are very busy days. you have to interact with customers all the time and sale,sale,sale. the hardest part of this job is that you have to deal with customer complaints all the time, specially when you don't have the vehicle that they had reserved. But, at the end of the month is worth it, when you get a nice bonus check.
Pros
very rewarding bonus checks at the end of the month
Cons
you must meet sale expectations
learned great sales experience
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 13, 2015
there is always new things to learn, a lot of down time. working there helped me improve on my sales experience. Also educated me on the different types of insurance.
Pros
free lunch sometimes, great gifts when you meet your goals
Cons
management team worked agaisnt workers
rental check in
Car Rental-Return Agent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 2, 2015
returned rental cars checked for any damged fuel level shuttle cars to and from airport and reconditioning center assist customers with directions
All about the job!
Reservation Agent/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCJune 24, 2015
A typical day at work was exciting because you never knew what was going to happen as everyday brought on a new adventure. The atmosphere was pleasant and the co-workers were like family! The hardest part of the job was the flexibility as we had to be available around the clock. The most enjoyable part of the job is that they treated the employees like family and not just employees.
Pros
Family oriented and great work atmosphere
Cons
No flexibility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alamo National. Our community is ready to answer.