ALAMO Employee Reviews

Csr
Rental Sale Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 15, 2017
I had the ability to become the Top 5 performer in sales. I learned the tools and knew the equipment very well. I enjoyed this job very much. Always had a great day and we had a great team.
Na
Booth Agent (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 23, 2017
A day at work is making your customer happy. The most enjoyable part of the job is moving in a fast pace when its busy because every customer is to get check out and on there way to there flight.
good and fair
Medical Billing, My main position is data entry (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJanuary 25, 2017
company closed down so there is no need for this review. i dont know why i'm typing on this. the boss was shady af. the company was wonderful if u like to work in shame
Very competitive environment
General Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 10, 2017
We would have team contest to see who could book the most rental car reservations in one night. Most of the contest were fun. Each week our supervisor would give a gift to the person who had the least talk time or the most upgrades. All in all it was a great place to work.
Fantastic Company that wasn't right
Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 5, 2016
I was put into the position saying that I would only be given part time 20 hours a week, but I was working 32+ a week. The policy that I can't leave until the last flight came in really destroyed my sleeping cycles so I'd end up missing my early morning classes because some flights don't come into the airport till 1 AM. Besides that work there was fantastic, my coworkers were very friendly, always cheer full and supportive. My managers was amazing and tried really hard to go above and beyond any expectation for renters and employees.
Attorney with significant corporate ethics and compliance experience
Vice President and General Counsel (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXAugust 19, 2016
Handled all legal matters affecting the company including all ethics and compliance policies and training. Learned to be flexible with employees. Hardest part of job occurred when acquisitions took place as that was time consuming and left little time for day to day matters. Most enjoyable part was working with employees and helping resolve employee issues.
Fun workplace
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2016
A typical day for me is taking care of my little brother who has autism, with the qualities of being able to change,feed,bathe, and also give medications. I've learned a lot while being a caregiver to my little brother. Management is ok could get better with few adjustments, the hardest part of my job well there isn't a hard part and the most enjoyable part of my job it works around my schedule since I'm a college student.
Pros
flexible
Cons
very, very busy and extra hours always availble
Booth Agent / Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 4, 2016
Typical day is always moving and things continue to update. Co-workers all have their agenda working for their own goals. You learn what the car rental business is about, behind the scenes. And since management are changing all the time, management methods and procedures are always change, making it a bit of a challenge. security
Pros
job security
Cons
nothing I can think of.
Good Place to work
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 1, 2016
My experience here was good. I did not like the hours I chose available but had to take what hours were given. There is plenty of overtime available and perks as well as some gracious people there. Also, the pay is good!
Excellent Workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 18, 2016
Awesome place to work with amazing people. A little bit of drama but that is natural with so many employees. Pay can be really good when it is busy.
No comment
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 14, 2016
I perfer not to make a statement about this company. I don't think my opinion about this company matter. I would not comment at this time
nice job
security guard (Former Employee) –  convention centerJanuary 11, 2016
this job was great I really enjoyed working with this company not only did it give me a job but I also learned some valuable skills
Friendly and busy location
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 4, 2015
I enjoyed Alamo because I was able to get flexible hours and they embraced diversity. I was able to utilize my bubbly personality while assisting customers and all of the managers acknowledged your great performance and gave constructive criticism. They offered incentives, bonuses and all the managers were available when needed for escalated issues. Alamo had team work structure. The hardest part of the job was conversing with people that didn't speak English but it was fun because I learned how to say different words and how to use body language / gestures. Managers allowed us to make decisions and have say so on the final outcome when dealing with customer issues. The most enjoyable part of the job was conversing and building rapport with my customers.
Pros
offered overtime, great benefits and incentives, gift cards and lunch
Cons
didn't offer part time positions and open every holiday
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 19, 2015
On a typical day at work at Alamo,I would transport rent a cars from the depot at Alamo to the Miami International Airport with my truck. I learned that customer satisfaction is a top priority for a driver.
Productive and fun workplace
Radio-TV-Film Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 4, 2015
Instructor/Media Services Coordinator at St. Philip’s College. Supervised Media Services including A/V equipment scheduling, computer graphics production, sound services, photography and educational & promotional TV production. Designed new TV studio. Authored instructional materials including CD-ROMs, brochures, video programs and software users’ manuals. Implemented new policies. Maintained quality control. Resolved customer service issues. Wrote press releases.
Good company
Customer Service/ Return Agent (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 25, 2015
Learned alot about customer service and how to be patient. Learned how to pay attention to my surroundings. Very good company and benefits are nice as well. Enjoyed working there while in school.
IT was a fun place to work got to meet people.
El Alamo (Former Employee) –  5900 W 35th St, Cicero, IL 60804July 14, 2015
In my job i was always willing to learn and work hard as a good employee and proof that they made the right choice to pick me.Everyday i will enter from 4 to 11 pm. I had to make sure that everything was ready. Always checking to have everything really professional, I will also make sure that every person who will live the restaurant will leave smiling and willing to come back making me feel happy joyful .As a person all this made me grew up developing my self of who i have become .
Pros
i meal a day
Cons
no breaks
productive and enjoyable work place
Customer Service Rep/ Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 1, 2015
Constant customer interaction. I learned various techniques on how to satisfy customers from different parts of the world. Managers were extremely helpful and understanding. The entire staff made work fun and comfortable for everyone. The most complex part about the job was absolutely nothing. Everything was straight forward and simple to learn. I loved watching customers leave and always having something positive to say about the company because of the service they experienced.
Pros
easy going environment
Cons
lack of communication at times between employees and managers.
fun place to work
Rental Agent (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJune 17, 2015
I looked forward to going to work everyday.
i loved the customers, i loved my coworkers.
management was ok. she needed assistance but over all she was ok
the hardest part of the job was not being able to give customers the cars they reserved on busy weekends
Pros
free lunches, get to drive the cars
Cons
the attitudes of some customers
Great place for networking
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  BWIJune 4, 2015
This was a great place for networking and meeting great people. A typical day in rental car sale's we're finding and capitalizing on chances for sale's. Co-workers are awesome just management was always clueless being that they rotate managers from other locations. Some go from managing a 30 car fleet to the next a 5000 car fleet and are clueless on what to do. Hardest part about the job is you have no control over inventory so when your sold out your losing money. Commission is barely 2% of revenue made (Horrible)
Pros
Meeting Celebs, Athletes, Major Ppl, Lax work enviorment
Cons
24 business never stops even in State of Emergency, Not many ppl of color in high positions