ALAMO

ALAMO Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Rental Agent (Current Employee), Riverdale, GAJune 17, 2015
Pros: free lunches, get to drive the cars
Cons: the attitudes of some customers
I looked forward to going to work everyday.
i loved the customers, i loved my coworkers.
management was ok. she needed assistance but over all she was ok
the hardest part of the job was not being able to give customers the cars they reserved on busy weekends
Great place for networking
Rental Agent (Former Employee), BWIJune 4, 2015
Pros: Meeting Celebs, Athletes, Major Ppl, Lax work enviorment
Cons: 24 business never stops even in State of Emergency, Not many ppl of color in high positions
This was a great place for networking and meeting great people. A typical day in rental car sale's we're finding and capitalizing on chances for sale's. Co-workers are awesome just management was always clueless being that they rotate managers from other locations. Some go from managing a 30 car fleet to the next a 5000 car fleet and are clueless on what to do. Hardest part about the job is you have no control over inventory so when your sold out your losing money. Commission is barely 2% of revenue made (Horrible)
LOTS OF FUN-MANAGEMENT CARED
Road Side Assistance/Reservations (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great people to work for. treated us like people.
Cons: training. gave us recognition for our hard work.
Incoming calls. Helping others. Mainly worked on Roadside Assistance.
Really liked helping people
Management was very good to us.
14 years later I still have friends that worked there.
Hardest part of the job: I can't think of any.
Helping people away from home on business or vacation.
People,Pay , Attitude
first shift assembler cell lead (Former Employee), Gibson City, ILSeptember 20, 2014
Loved working with the co workers and other staff. Management could have been better. The environment was friendly but the working environment was bad.
great enviroment
Greeter/Return agent/ Rental Agent (Former Employee), west palm beachMay 27, 2014
had a great environment. family organized but lacked construction and passing of information.
Busy interacting with consumers, building solid business relationships,
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 28, 2014
Pros: having to work, perform with little supervison.
Cons: pay structure.
A typical day at work is being energized and making quick informed decisions. Also delivering exceptional customer service, being attentive to the work area and care of vehicles.
I have learned to become more acceptable to changing environments, external and internal.
My co-workers are fun, oriented and pleasant to work with.
The hardest part of this job, I would have to safe is working out in 32 degree weather.
The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing happy, satisfied customers, and meeting a variety of people.
Very demading and stressful environment, yet fun and rewarding!
City Station Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 2, 2014
Pros: big bonuses and commisions, competivie salary
Cons: lond hours, unbalanced life, highly demanding and stressful
Working in the rental car industry gave me a very comprehensive knowledge of operating and managing a business. It is a very highly stressed work environment. It compensates you fairly well, but you give up so much of your personal time. I totally learned so much about profit margins, budgets, break even, and profit/loss statements.
Productive work place. Excellent employee compensation
Vice President of Administration (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: christmas bonuses, profit sharing
Cons: employee turnover
Alamo Services, LLC is a great place to work. The contracts are diverse and challenging. The company has an excellent benefits and compensation plan. You are rewarded well for a job well done. A typical day at work is preparing proposal packets, processing hours worked, Orientation or new employees and training if needed. The most challenging part of the job is hiring quality employees who are serious and dedicated to working convention security.
Productive and a great place to work with tons of commision
Rental Agent (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: i liked this job just because it was really laid back.
Cons: you had to be flexible
I worked in return agent which is pretty much return the cars,check the cars for scratches to seeing if theres gas in the car then I give them there reciept and direct them to the counter. Then, I got moved to the booth which is where I would check there contract to see if they got the right car. then ask then If they needed any directions. Finally, I became a counter agent were I do everything from finding the customers the right car to best fit there need and make some upsales along the way.

The thing I found enjoyable was the commission and the hardest part was the hours.
okay
Service Agent (Current Employee), PiladelphiaJanuary 7, 2014
pay too low and working outside all day in the winter is too cold
Degrading and False Work requirements
Car Sales Agent/Commission based (Current Employee), Jamaica, NYJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: great commission and flexibility with school schedule. great health care
Cons: having no cars, or dirty. constant rules changing in workplace
I have been consistently the top sales agent at the location in JFK airport.
A typical day at work is unpredictable.
Often we don't have cars to accomiodate customers reservations, and resulting to customers unhappy and waiting.
Our commission is conflicted without essential tools needed to upsell customers or to give rental products. \
Branch manager often changes rules.
If customers aren't completely satisfied management will blame the employees even when given stellar service.
My co-workers are some of the most hard-working young adults in their 20's that i've ever seen before and are often taken for granted.
The hardest part of my job is having to tell the customers we don't have the car they reserved and must wait, after getting off long strenuous flights to come in our establishment and not get what they paid for.
Sometimes we don't have working faciliities such as the one bathroom that customers, and employees use, heat, and air conditioning.
We're in a trailer in queens, built between sanitation, airport food service, and a sewerage plant, so often it smells when customers arrive.
The most enjoyable part are my close colleagues (rental and return agents) and customers that leave with a smile.
Managment doesn't have a close knit with their team because their main focus is getting their promotion and not caring about their employees needs. (ie. cars, products to sell, etc.)
I've learned a great a deal of patience and about cars. I can spot some cars, and automatically know the making or model of it.
Good Staff
Security Guard (Former Employee), New Orleans, LANovember 16, 2013
Pros: dont have none
Cons: ok pay
Good place to work no probleams
managment is ok
coworkers is nice
nothing is hard just have to stand for long periods of time
not satisfied
Security Officer (Former Employee), new orleansOctober 9, 2013
The hours and pay were horrible Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
First factory job
Mig Welder (Former Employee), Gibson City, ILSeptember 11, 2013
Little to no advancement and training options. Great hours for the family man.
It's hard to advance
Return Agent (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 7, 2013
Pros: job security, good coworkers
Cons: no advancement
unless you go work for enterprise you will never become manager or advance.
ok place to
Service Agent (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 5, 2013
Pros: great place to work
wash an clean cars
my co-workers were great
need better managment
very professional
Station Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 23, 2013
Pros: room for improvement
Cons: management is by ethnic preference
great way to obtain management experience, co workers are friendly..
Not a great pace to work
MATERIAL HANDLER (Current Employee), Gibson City, ILApril 16, 2013
Cons: working on low end of pay scale, long hours, unorganized management, lack of room for materials
Looking for parts that are supposed to be in a primary spot, but the parts are usually in six different locations. While working, you are cautioned to watch out for lakes of water on the floor and falling parts due to using pallets instead of shelving. There is also water dripping on light fixtures. There is nothing enjoyable about this job and compensation is not acceptable.
Great Company
Service Agent (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 26, 2013
Delivered cars to dealers ships. Everyone was helpful and nice
It's an ok place to work for.
Cycle Counter (Current Employee), Gibson City, ILDecember 17, 2012
Pros: being able to do this job on my own with having the boss following me around
Cons: not always finding the parts i am looking for.
I start with paperwork with part numbers and location that I have to verify and count. I have learned that this job is not easy as I thought it would be. Managemant is ok but not the best. Most of my co-workers are really nice and helpful. The hardest thing about my job is is it not always easy to locate parts.The most enjoyable part of the job is that I am pretty much on my own doing this job.