Both Full-time and PRN are available.
MISSION STATEMENT: Making life easier for our patients and our health care partners.
PURPOSE: Health care solutions are our business. Patient care is our promise.
SUMMARY: The primary purpose of the Respiratory Therapist is to administer respiratory therapy care under supervision and by prescription of physician to patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of cardiopulmonary system within Alana HealthCare, LLC while improving efficiency and effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Sets up and operates devices such as mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators.
- Operates equipment to ensure specified parameters of treatment such as volume, gas concentration, humidity, and temperature, and to administer medicinal gases and aerosol drugs to patients under the orders of Physician.
- Monitors patient's physiological responses to therapy through patient vital signs.
- Assists patient in performing breathing exercises.
- Observes equipment function and adjusts equipment to obtain optimum results to therapy.
- Consults with Physician in event of adverse reactions.
- Maintains patient's chart that contains pertinent identification and therapy information.
- Inspects and tests respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently.
- Orders repairs when needed.
- Demonstrates respiratory care procedures to trainees and other health care personnel.
- May have to communicate or interact with, assess, or treat Alana HealthCare, LLC's customers that may be: Infants (0 - 1 years of age), Pediatrics (1 - 17 years of age), Adults (18 - 64 years of age), Seniors (65 years or greater)
- Participates in Performance Improvement (PI) activities.
- Participates, on an ongoing basis, in traditional learning and educational programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. These requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The completion of an approved school for respiratory therapy.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES: Active State Respiratory Care Practitioner License.
PRIMARY SOURCE VERIFICATION: Tennessee Department of health Licensure Verification
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
ABOUT ALANA HEALTHCARE, LLC
Alana HealthCare, LLC, headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, is a health solutions company working with patients and their care continuum to provide outcome-driven and clinically-led health services.trough our wholly-owned subsidiary, DME Tennessee, LLC – we specialize in providing outcome driven and evidence-based health management services for people living with chronic diseases.
Patients living with chronic disease face some of life’s greatest challenges each and every day. The complexity of many chronic diseases requires the support of numerous health care professionals across the continuum of care, including physicians, health systems and home care, just to name a few. When properly coordinated, a patient’s team of providers can provide healthier, happier and more independent lives, while simultaneously reducing the need for costly health care services. Our services enable patients to live a better quality of life, enable providers to serve as clinicians, and, support payor efforts to reduce health care utilization.