Alaska Airlines Employee Reviews

as
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 21, 2017
Interesting environment. Every day is different and some days are good while some days are tough. Overall cool job. However, the schedule can change at any given moment so social life is out.
Review of Alaska Airlines
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 14, 2017
I worked in Customer Service, baggage claim, cargo facility, and operations during my ten years at Alaska Airlines. A typical day at work was fast paced and challenging. I learned a lot about public speaking due to making announcements constantly during boarding and controlling flights. We had multiple managers, who all strived to make the company succeed. The hardest part of this job was seeing pets pass away during travel. That may seem odd, but it wasn't easy to tell a passenger this news. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the happiness of passengers going on life long trips! I loved that I was always busy and something was always there to keep us busy.
Pros
Busy work environment, constant moving
Cons
Advancement opportunities non-existant
fast paced superior customer service
CUSTOMER SERVICE RESERVATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 9, 2017
This is an excellent career with great advancement opportunity. Alaska air Group has great career perks including travel and working from home. It is recommendable for those able to handle long hours and mandatory overtime. Its a smoke free healthy safe environment.
Pros
travel, 401k and rising stock options.
Cons
mandatory overtime.
Great job
Supervisor/Lead Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 27, 2017
great job!! I work as a vendor and our benefits are not as good as direct hires however its still good that we get some. Company is very customer service oriented!
Mixed Feelings
Pilot Crew Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 23, 2017
There are aspects of Alaska Airlines that are nice. The travel benefits for myself and my friends and family is nice. The ability to work overtime to have better control over my own financial security is nice. However simply working 40hrs a week at the median job will not pay for your average adults bills and responsibilities. I currently work 70+hrs per week to remain comfortable. They have no college tuition assistance, the department I am in has been significantly understaffed for years and the company has done little to try and remedy the situation through anything meaningful which ends up causing stress and higher turnover. Unless you work at the airport doing customer service or in the call centers the union doesnt fairly represnt the other workgroups and fails to truly understand the jobs outside of those two departments so they can vigourously advocate for better wages and working conditions for the smaller offices. The perception is with numerous internal hires that someone has already been preselected and they are only posting as a formailty and thus wasting peoples time.
Pros
Flight Benefits, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave
Cons
Penalized for using sick leave, low hourly wages compared to industry
Outstanding work environment
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 22, 2017
As a flight attendant my work schedule was flexible and my coworkers were incredible individuals with various backgrounds. I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of this company.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 22, 2017
Alaska Airlines taught me nearly everything I know about customer service. Helping Passengers to their flight on a day to day basis. I rated management at 2-stars specifically because of the way my situation was handled. But overall, I wouldn't mind going back to work with them.
Busy environment
Director (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 17, 2017
Very busy and always changing environment. Fast paced work and people are friendly and helpful, never a dull moment, Work load is heavy but rewarding.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
To much change
Good pay as for a call center type job but too much mandatory overtime
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 16, 2017
I would not recommend this job unless you like talking on the phone all day long and desperately need money. Next to impossible to balance work and personal life because of constant need for mandatory overtime. Schedule changes often (like every 2 months) so you can't really plan ahead family events (birthdays, holidays, family reunions).
Co-workers are great and very supportive.
Pros
Free flights, work from home
Cons
Daily need for mandatory overtime
Working at Alaska Airlines
Senior VMware vSphere\VDI architect engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 12, 2017
As long as you stayed hungry and changed with the times a person will do well. Make sure it is clear in your contract if you start to work hours outside of work hours.
Thriving, forward-thinking company
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 31, 2017
Working for Alaska Airlines is GREAT! The people are amazing. Additionally, the company does not take its workers for granted. Working here is surely to be one of the best decisions you can make.
Awesome work environment
Lead Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Kahului, HIMay 28, 2017
The is the most enjoyable work environment I've worked so far. From the people that I worked with, and the passengers I've encountered. The management team on Maui is by far the most supportive in my experience.
Fun place to work
Ramp Lead (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 23, 2017
a typical day was loading and un loading aircraft and getting them ready for take off, or assisting passengers. I really learned a lot working the ramp
stable
Reservation Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 21, 2017
good company with excellent health and travel benefits. not a good work to life balance. Overall, their are many good benefits and many drawbacks of the job.
Fun, Family oriented very exciting place to work a company that put it's employees first.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 19, 2017
This company is a fantastic place to work for they have so many incentives, management is great! The employees are friendly it is a great company to grow in.
Pros
free flights
Overall great place to work.
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 17, 2017
Great benefits including flight benefits for employee, spouse/domestic partner, children and parents. Allotted 13 guest passes per year. Good insurance. Flight benefits make up for low wages.
A great place to work
ustomer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 14, 2017
Alaska Airlines is a great place to work with an amazing group of people. Alaksa Airlines is very diverse and the travel is great.

Providence Hospital is an amazing place and job was very rewarding. At Providence we where a family and the Patients are the main concern.
Pros
free travel with alaska
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAMay 14, 2017
They teach the job of a ramp agent well but management never backed up what they would tell you. The flight benefits were great and I made a lot of good friends.
Pros
flight benefits, made good friends in the other ramp agents
Cons
A fabulous, fun and exciting job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 11, 2017
Exciting job, meeting customers and helping to resolve any travel issues that they might have. Checking customers in and issuing boarding passes. Boarding customers on planes. Resolving ticket issues.
Pros
Lots of Travel
Cons
Little pay
Fast paced work place environment
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 8, 2017
Safety and customer service our first priority
Load and unload luggage with the use of the conveyor belt
Marshalling and wing walking planes
Pushing planes using push back
Driving carts with a tug to load luggage to the belly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alaska Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2