Alaska Airlines Employee Reviews

Inside scoop for Alaska Airlines
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Great working environment
Cons: None
The work environment is very much like Boeing. Many of the employees have a military background. For the most part, everyone is very focused on their jobs and getting the work done as best they can. I enjoyed working there and would recommend Alaska Airlines as a great place to work.
Fun! Travel Benefits
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Protland, ORAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Travel Benifits
Cons: Too much time away from home
It was challenging to work for this large corporation. The culture was strong and produced a typical type employee. I learned a great deal about dealing with the general public in what was a small confined space.
I was responsible for customer service and safety
The hardest part of this job was the hours that it required to be away form home.
The enjoyable wart was working with people of such varied backgrounds, very diverse, indeed.
Nice place to work
Airline Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2015
Pros: gainful employment
Cons: no flight benefits
Supportive management, nice work atmosphere. They will have additional opportunities in the fall of 2015. Possible to gain aviation industry experience.
Great job with lots of flexibility
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), SeattleJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Great people, compensation and benefits are amazing
Cons: Sometimes work life balance can be difficult, schedule not for everyone
Great place to work, CEO meets every new flight attendant in training, lots of fun events outside of work. Alaska likes to hire from within so starting as a FA is a great foot in the door position. Great job if you are flexible and love people. Starting schedule is not idea but as you gain seniority you gain flexibility and stability with your schedule.
This is for the on-call concierge position only and is not an overall review
On-call concierge (Current Employee), Los AngelesJune 13, 2015
Please note that the on-call position can be no hours at all. If you fall below 10 hours, you lose your flight benefits. You should also be aware that currently part-timers are receiving the minimum number of hours so your chances of getting hours from these folks is low.
Also, the company flouts California labor law and will not allow you to keep any tips. You should also be aware that the hiring and firing there is quite rampant. You have probably seen this ad up several times.
Fun and professional working environment
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Boise, IDMay 31, 2015
Pros: Fun product to sale and airline benefits
Cons: No commissions for top sellers
Call center
8-10 hrs a day helping passengers book a flight, and meeting their needs through our services.
Management was professional and very helpful.
Coworkers helped in case of exchange of days, or hours
The hardest part was to keep a good posture while sitting for long hours.
Benefits were great!
I've always been fascinated with the airline industry and airports.
Lead Writer and Accounting assistant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Flight benefits
Cons: Low pay
Thanks to a great English/German teacher in high school, I quickly became lead writer for the Director of Inflight. This was fun and allowed me to meet many of the flight attendants and work at the airport.
I moved over to Operations and worked on the pilot side for a couple years before 9/11 changed the employment status of the temporary employees. I worked there 5 years and was always in demand through the temp. pool.
Graet place to work
Reservations Agent (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 6, 2015
Loved our passengers. Alaska Airlines is an inovative company and leader in the industry. Leadership is excellent. Fun environment to work.
One of the best in the airline industry
Reservations Sales Agent (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 8, 2015
Pros: benefits
Alaska Airlines is an amazing company to work for. There are so many opportunities for growth and development. There is certainly something special about their management team and all the trainers. The people were nice, respectful, professional, and encouraging. They always root for the success of their employees. I've learned the real value of customer service. They hold very high standards for customer service and I have never seen such compassion for customers and employees in any other company I've worked for. Simply amazing.
fast and changing environment
Reservation sale agent (Current Employee), Kent, WAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: advancement
Answer incoming calls
Assist customers with booking reservations
Make changes to existing reservations
I learned about different policies that changed often
The hardest part of my job is being tied to a phone for 8hrs
The most enjoyable part is helping customers.
Always something new to see and learn
Team Lead, Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Romulus, MIFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: salary and growth
Cons: mandatory overtime
I give it a great review, It's an excellent company that takes care of their employees. The training is very detailed and they make sure that you learn the job so that you can perform well. Also, free trip to Seattle in the summer for training. Best time of my life. They put you in a spacious hotel and give you delicious free food for two weeks,
Call center environment with large group of friendly individuals.
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee), Kent, WAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: flight benefits, trimonthly bonuses
Cons: strict time constrictions, mandatory overtime hours, irregular hours
Alaska Airlines as a company is amazing. Working in a call center at a desk job was not challenging or fun enough for me. Management was supportive and very helpful and coworkers were fun to work with. Very routine work because you answer telephones for 8+ hours a day constantly.
Successful company in exciting industry
Manager, Benefits Administration and Analysis (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 29, 2015
Alaska Airlines is a successful company with great employees and executive leadership. The company provides many different employment opportunities and market competitive benefits and pay. Alaska cares very much for their customers and the communities they serve. This is a fun place to work.
good company to work for
Lead Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), SEATAC, WAJanuary 29, 2015
Alaska is a great company to work for. Great benefits. Typical day is 8 to 10 hrs with either 2 or 3 days off. Opportunity for overtime and to trade days off. most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility.
Nice people and interesting work
Data Entry (Former Employee), SeaTac, WAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: some of the other temporary workers did not pull their weight
Great place to work. The assigned tasks were interesting, challenging, and needed extensive attention to detail, which I like. The supervisor was very helpful and cheerful as were the other members of the staff.
Great Corporate Environment
Legal Intern (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 12, 2014
Worked as a legal intern for in-house counsel over the summer. Although the assignments were disorganized, the management made a great effort to provide a rounded experience to the summer.
AWESOME ATMOSPHERE
CSA Representative (Current Employee), PARAMOUNT, CADecember 9, 2014
Pros: supportive
Cons: locations
FAMILY ORIENTATED ATMOSPHERE, TEAM CONCEPT, GREAT PLACE TO WORK.
positive environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 26, 2014
Pros: good benifits and meeting lots of amazing people from all over
Cons: gets slow after awhile.
working at the airport was a good job for me because I was in a positive environment and dressed at business level. Everyone I worked with was great. the hardest part of this job was dealing with unhappy passengers and remaining calm and answering all of their questions making sure they leave our airline on a good note.
Great flight benefits during those days
WEB CONTENT PUBLISHER/CORPORATE TRAINER (Former Employee), Seattle, WANovember 19, 2014
Pros: flight benefits if the flights are not full but it is now rarity(i heard)
Cons: too many drama
Worked on various departments and learned so many things. The only thing I can say that management is very hypocrite. The environment is like "dog eat dog" where I could have stayed out of it but it was too late.
Great
Lead Stock Clerk (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 13, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: travel
Fun place to work great people and the pay is great. Knowing where the Part go on a Plane
Headquarters