Alaska Airlines

Alaska Airlines Employer Reviews

Great Corporate Environment
Legal Intern (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 12, 2014
Worked as a legal intern for in-house counsel over the summer. Although the assignments were disorganized, the management made a great effort to provide a rounded experience to the summer.
AWESOME ATMOSPHERE
CSA Representative (Current Employee), PARAMOUNT, CADecember 9, 2014
Pros: supportive
Cons: locations
FAMILY ORIENTATED ATMOSPHERE, TEAM CONCEPT, GREAT PLACE TO WORK.
positive environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 26, 2014
Pros: good benifits and meeting lots of amazing people from all over
Cons: gets slow after awhile.
working at the airport was a good job for me because I was in a positive environment and dressed at business level. Everyone I worked with was great. the hardest part of this job was dealing with unhappy passengers and remaining calm and answering all of their questions making sure they leave our airline on a good note.
Great flight benefits during those days
WEB CONTENT PUBLISHER/CORPORATE TRAINER (Former Employee), Seattle, WANovember 19, 2014
Pros: flight benefits if the flights are not full but it is now rarity(i heard)
Cons: too many drama
Worked on various departments and learned so many things. The only thing I can say that management is very hypocrite. The environment is like "dog eat dog" where I could have stayed out of it but it was too late.
Great
Lead Stock Clerk (Current Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 13, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: travel
Fun place to work great people and the pay is great. Knowing where the Part go on a Plane
Fun printing company with windows
Press Operator/Xerox Docutech Operator-Networking (Former Employee), Seattle, WANovember 6, 2014
Pros: flight benefits
Cons: always busy
I run Xerox Docutech/Press Operator
The most enjoyable part of the job was team support
Productive and fun workplace, with a positive and supportive environment for all.
Reservations Sales Agent - Airline (Former Employee), Kent, WAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: wonderful travel benefits!
Cons: can't think of any.
The environment was really quite nice. All the reservations agents are so supportive of one another. We had great training pertaining to ethics, sales, inclement weather conditions which may affect the different airports we serve. New and advanced airline computer systems to make our jobs easier and faster to produce the best and fastest customer service possible. And the supervisors and management couldn't have been more helpful or nicer.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I may have went above and beyond what was expected of me at all times to find the best fares and correct information for the customers.

The hardest part could be not finding the lowest fare, or award travel for the dates/time the customer prefers. However, depending on their schedule, I always search other times/dates quickly to try to obtain the fare they are looking for. So sometimes a negative can turn into a positive.
Great Job if you like talking on the phones!
Sales Reservation Agent (Current Employee), Boise, IDSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free flights
Cons: on the phone alllll day and sometimes they mandate overtime
If you enjoy talking all day and listening to complaints this job is for you! I needed to stay more active so it isn't the best fit. But you can transfer to gate agent if you stay with the job and pass probation.
Productive and fast-paced
Ramp Agent (Current Employee), Kahului, HISeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free and discounted flights.
Cons: no breaks, small pay (college graduate seeking higher pay)
We have to off-load and load 6 planes a day. Once a plance lands, we have 20 minutes to off-load the plane and get the bags to the passengers.

I have learned how to work under intense pressure, and how to deal with disgruntled passengers (delayed flights).

The hardest part of the job is mainly physical, since we have to continuously go under the plane to off-load and load planes.

It is satisfying, however, knowing that you are working hard and that you are part of something bigger.
fast-paced, challenging job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits, fun, fast working environment
Cons: long hours, short breaks
As an Alaska Airlines Customer Service Agent, I greeted the customers, checked them and their baggage in for the flights and helped with any questions or problems they may have. I was always busy, doing multiple tasks and never bored or repititious. I worked long, 10-hour days with short breaks, but loved being in the busy travel industry.
great atmosphere if u like multitasking
Agent/Boarding Agent Control (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: profit sharing, paid lunches, free flts
Cons: a, b, c...payscale
u multitask with different positions every day keeps u on your toes...and can be very uptempo

management pretty goog

working overbooked flts

fulfilling pax problems or unusual situations
Great company, excellent opportunities
Customer Service/Reservations Agent (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 12, 2014
employee support
great benefits
fabulous company
easy going co workers
great place to work and flight benifits
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), SeaTac, WASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: lack of communication sometimes
Very good place to work, learned a lot over my years there.Management was average they had a high turnover at the level I was involved with. My co-workers were great, pressure to get the aircraft out on time but safety and compliance has to come first. working on aircraft and systems not everybody gets to do that.
Productive place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 30, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Loved this company. They looked out for the employees and clients. Coworkers were a hoot to work with. Benefits were out of this world. Miss working for them.
What to expect
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: great incentives
Cons: great benefits, great pay
Alaska Airlines is a great company to work for mangers from the top down are great. Your fellow co-workers become your best friends and your family. I would highly recommend anybody to work for them. Great benefits. Don't pass up an opportunity to work for one of the best airlines out there. There so many departments to work in.
Challenging work environment that offers unique opportunities
Facilities Project Manager Corporate Real Estate (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 16, 2014
Acceptance of company culture will be critical to success.
Alaska Airlines Ramping
Ramp Agent (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2014
Pros: working with airplanes for first time
Cons: heavy lifting in confined spaces
This was my first job after i got out of the active army. I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do but I always liked airplanes and I always wanted to work with them. I didn't stay too long because i wanted to fuel planes rather than pack them.
Great Travel benifits and great Supervisors
Flight attendant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 9, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: sometimes hard being away from home
The Alaska Airlines company is a wonderful place to work. It was like a family. The work days may be long and in this industry a little stressful, but you work with such wonderful people it makes the long days and the time away from home a lot better.
All are good
QA Specialist (Current Employee), seattle WAJune 5, 2014
GOOD, good people.helpful.

Resourceful and dynamic testing professional with more than 6 years of software quality /functional testing expertise. Skilled team leader and team member; consistently identified by clients and been appraised for good work done in the Projects. Recognized as a key resource by team members and senior management; willing to exhaust all avenues to deliver a highly functional product to the client in a timely fashion.
First Class in customer service!
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits!
Alaska Airlines hires some of the nicest people you could imagine to work with. It was a pleasure working with them!

1 2 3 4

About Alaska Airlines

Whether you want to capture a Kodiak moment or down a daiquiri by the Sea of Cortez, an Alaska Air Group airplane can fly you – Read more

Alaska Airlines Photos