ALASKA COACH TOURS Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great Summer Job
Driver/ guide (Former Employee) –  Ketchikan, AKNovember 25, 2015
I worked for Alaska Coach Tours for the last 4 years and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone. If you want a summer job where you are not cooped up in an office and have plenty of free time to explore Alaska this is the job for you. The money is good and there is plenty of opportunity for advancement if you stick with the job. The managers and co-workers were both amazing and some will be friends for a life time. Best job I have ever had!
Pros
People, Job, Pay
Cons
Leaving
I would work here again
Driver/Guide (Current Employee) –  Juneau, AKJuly 9, 2015
A typical day for me consisted of giving one sometimes two tours averaging 3.25 hours long. Following my tours I would shuttle people back and forth from the dock. On non-ship days we cleaned buses and preformed repairs. The people you work with are amazing and just like family. Managment is really good and making sure everyone is happy.
Great Place to Work
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Ketchikan, AKDecember 10, 2013
I loved working with ACT and would recommend it to anyone. The local management is amazing.
Cons
Upper Management
Worked in the tour industry
Emergency Room Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDOctober 20, 2013
Trained new employees, drove commercial tours.

Enjoyed working here
Average employer with some religious discrimination
Motor Coach Driver/Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Ketchikan, AKFebruary 24, 2013
Decent people to work for but lack good mgmt and are less than candid in relation to opportunities. Also very partial to people of Mormon faith and show consistent pariality in job assignments and other related work opportunities to members thereof.
Pros
courteous
Cons
partial to particular faith groups in assignments
Good Summer Job
Tour Guide/Motor coach Driver (Former Employee) –  Ketchikan, AKJanuary 26, 2013
Make sure you learn tours on your own or you will just be driving a few hours up and down the road and washing buses. Find your own place to live or they will cram you in a house with a bunch of weird, partying kids. I would even live in my car if I had to. Yes, its that bad. Volunteer to work the office as well as dock rep. if you have the skills.
Pros
good pay and tips
Cons
washing buses