Alaska Industrial Hardware

Alaska Industrial Hardware Employer Reviews

all around good company with support for employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wasilla, AKMay 4, 2014
Pros: friendly enviroment
Cons: not enouph pay for job
I enjoyed working for this company very much, this was a place you look forward to going each day. pay was not the best but you could work as many hours as you liked. the customer always came first.
Nice people. Good place to work, but frustrating job.
Advertising Coordinator (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: busy place, friendly people
my job was to try to barter with manufacturers. What was frustrating was that I had no training and no experience in contra advertizing. It was soon found to be an impossible venture at AIH.
I had to go through several channels on my end,while trying to negotiate with someone who already has the authority to make a deal. The concept was put to bed and – more... I was out of a job.
I would have enjoyed working at AIH in a different capacity. The employees were all friendly and happy. Perhaps directly in sales to customers. – less
Customer Service
Floor Manager (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKDecember 18, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Customer Service was the #1 priority at AIH. We always new that the customer was right and wanted to provide top notch service to each and every person.
Great job for gaining warehouse experience.
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKMarch 29, 2013
Pros: 401k, on the job training, paid holidays, sick leave, paid vacation.
7am to 4pm Monday through Friday. Learned how to operate a variety of fork lifts, & basics of shipping & receiving. I got along great with my immediate supervisors & co-workers. The most dificult part of the job to me was taking yearly inventory in cold storage in January. Overall the most enjoyable part of the job was organizing the warehouse. Unloading – more... freight, checking in merchandise, stocking, operating fork lifts, & training new employees. – less
Fantastic Company The Allows You To Grow With It
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKNovember 6, 2012
I truly enjoyed my time at Alaska Industrial Hardware. It is a company that you can start at any level and advance yourself as far as you are capable of. It was also a company that appreciated its employees and made for a comfortable work environment.

A typical work day was to first and foremost take care of customer needs in product knowledge and – more... location. Stocking and daily store maintenance was also involved.

The best and most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find the products that would take care of the problems or challenges they were faced with. – less
its a great place to work good management to work with
Shipping Supervisor (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKNovember 3, 2012
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: just to far from home
great place to work busy place and fast paced you have to be able to adjust at any moment due to the demands of the job
very good entry level job
Combat Engineer, U.S. Army Ft. Richardson (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKOctober 31, 2012
it is great place to work if you are a college kid looking for a summer job

About Alaska Industrial Hardware

With eight locations throughout Alaska, AIH provides quality goods and service at competitive prices. We offer a complete selection – Read more