Alaska National is looking for an individual that will install, configure, and manage all aspects of the VMware vSphere environment including creating virtual machines, host maintenance, and datastore creation. The person will work with our disaster recovery provider to ensure that datastores are replicated and to perform periodic tests of the disaster recovery plan. Work will also include assisting the systems group to maintain, upgrade, and support windows servers and applications, as well as cross training with the Citrix system admin to provide coverage and support of our Citrix environment.
Summary and Purpose
To be part of a small team responsible for overall operations of a Citrix, VMware and Microsoft environment. Duties will include managing and monitoring operations as well as performing software installation, configuration, maintenance, testing and documentation.
- Manage environment by monitoring system performance and configuration
- Perform system maintenance, including software updates and firmware upgrades
- Prepare and maintain documentation of configuration and procedures
- Perform capacity planning and performance tuning of system infrastructure
- Manage user accounts, access privileges and security settings
- Manage and maintain disaster recovery plan and perform periodic tests
- Troubleshoot and resolve computer hardware, software, and network equipment problems
- Stay current with best practices
- Research new technology options to solve specific problems or improve systems
- Support team members in duties and projects as assigned
- High School Graduate
- College course work in computer science, management information systems, or a related field
- 3-5 years IT industry experience
- Knowledge and experience in operating small/medium scale computer systems
- Knowledge and experience of operating systems, software, hardware, and networks
- CompTIA A+, Server+ or Network+ certification
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Afterhours support and other duties as assigned.
- Virtualization with VMware ESXi 5.x
- Application delivery with Ctirix XenApp and XenDesktop
- Storage systems NetApp or similar
- LAN/WAN Networking using L2/L3 switches and Riverbed Steelhead appliances.
- Operating Systems: MS Windows Server 2000 – 2008R2, Windows 7
- Applications: MS Exchange/Outlook 2010, SharePoint 2010, Team Foundations Server, System Center Suite 2012, Office Pro 2010
- Support Technologies: Active Directory, Group Policy, Terminal Services, IIS, DHCP, DNS
- Computer security: Watchguard firewall, Symantec Antivirus or similar
- Backup systems : Tivoli Storage Manager or similar
- Intermediate level batch and powershell scripting capabilities or similar
- Hardware: Servers, PCs, desktop/network printers, switches, mobile devices
- VoIP using Mitel and Avaya phone systems.
- Problem solving skills: the ability to research new technology, manuals and guides to resolve inquiries.
- Good verbal, written and inter-personal communication skills
- Ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical users
- Ability to work independently and in a group environment
- Willingness to learn new skills and to adapt to changes in technology
- Ability to prioritize requests, organize, schedule, and coordinate a variety of activities and projects
Indeed - 7 months ago