Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium Employee Reviews in United States

Senior Compliance Specialist / Privacy Officer (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 15, 2016
great place w/lots of emphasis on culture. co-workers are great. Difficult at times for work/life balance but overall good.
interesting work place
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 23, 2016
very busy,
construction contracting
very political atmosphere,
great co-workers,
hardest part is dealing with the office politics
Enjoyed working with staff and people friendly
medical records (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 12, 2016
Typical day,was excellent, looking forward to going to work everyday. Learned peoples skills, job related skills, Management was informative and supportive. I enjoyed working with staff and around people, teamwork, training and meetings informative and understanding. Hours of work was great, wages and benefits
Pros
Happy, friendly, informative, supportive, teamwork
Unstable and political work environment
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 13, 2015
The current nature of the hospital is extremely political and unstable. People are promoted and treated differently based on who they know and who they find favor with, not based on any qualifications. Retaliation happens regularly and the human resources department refuses to address it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Retaliation, questionable HR practices, unstable, political
Did pm's and cm's in villages all over Alaska
Biomedical Technician, Field Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 4, 2015
I traveled to about 80 different villages in the state of Alaska. I got to do the usual thing, periodic and corrective maintenance. Only this time in a very rural setting. I had to take items with me to be able to do repairs.
ok
Security Officer-Intermittent (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 21, 2015
this place is ok except for the way that people treat you once in a while, it is hard to keep a job here because people assume that u are not good enough even if your doing more than needed at this job
Pros
ok
Cons
ok
Worked well with co-workers
Sr .Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 27, 2015
I enjoyed my time working at Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium (ANTHC). The management was professional. I got along excellent with my co-workers. We worked together as a team and well communication.
Beware of this work environment
Laboratory assistant/phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  ANMCMarch 8, 2015
Everything was great in the beginning as in everything. However it took months before I was even told what my real schedule would be. My schedule was all over the place one week it was nights the next days. It was good for me I don't have a family otherwise it would have been more of nightmare.

Coworkers were rude , quick to blame you for every little thing when your still new and in a training mode. Passive aggressive should be the name of the laboratory because one lady literally standing next to me and talking to herself talking to her self and saying absolutely clueless as if I did not know she was referring to me.

In the position I was in as a phlebotomist, it was the upper managements view that being physically assaulted and verbally abused was part of the job description and to either live with those type of work conditions or put in your notice. As I am sure you savvy readers have already deduced that I terminated my employment with this organization.

Please consider other options for employment if your in a clinical setting career. There are neumerous and hopefully more ethical and responsible organizations to be employed by than ANMC!
Cons
passive aggressive coworkers that are quick to blame but not willing to help you learn your new job.
Intense workplace
Senior Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AlaskaJanuary 1, 2015
Nobody in charge. Typical government facility. Very little direction given.
Professional, Innovative and Forward Thinking
Public Relations (Current Employee) –  AnchorageDecember 17, 2014
In my first month here. It has been a fabulous experience so far. Everyone is very friendly and the workplace is very modern and progressive, dedicated to quality improvement. The onboarding cultural orientation was very interesting. I learned about many Alaska Native cultural aspects that I did not know even after living for 20 years in Alaska. Great benefits, free parking and located next to dog walking and ski trails. My dog loves walking with me at lunch!
Pros
magnet certification, level 2 trauma center
No advancement, upper management stealing ideas, lying, a complicance nightmare
Associate IT Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 15, 2014
No advancement for skilled workers. Not supportive of family emergencies, and upper management is a joke. Encouraged to report compliance issues without retaliation, not my personal experience. If you are a hard worker be prepared for a high turn over rate and picking up the slack for unqualified or lazy staff members. I know that all the work I did ultimately belonged to the company. However my leaders continued to steal my ideas and contributions and take the credit. I would not recommend this place to work at or receive services because there is a real disconnect with reality. I guess if you get funds from the Federal Government for Support Services you can continue to hire leaders who are incompetent.
Pros
benefits, some co-workers
Cons
working with people who steal your ideas and hard work, not able to advance based on ability, too much politics
Good place to work at. Classes as needed. Flexible work hours.
Medical Records File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 23, 2014
Good place to work at. The classes are well planned out for the employees as new methods: computer use, customer service come out.
Pros
the hospital is available and there when i have appointments.
Cons
don't know of any.
Productive, room for advancement, and culturally oriented
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 21, 2014
I would like the chance to come work for ANTHC again, with OJT.
Pros
worked with mosly native
Cons
only half hour lunch
A great progressive place to work
Asst Director of Community Health Aide Program (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 28, 2014
ANTHC is the moving force behind much of the progress seen in rural Alaska health care. Their ability to produce and coordinate great programs and deliver to the villages is amazing. ANTHC is a great place to work.
Pros
progressive work environment
Hostile and Descriminatory
Manager (Former Employee) –  HospitalDecember 2, 2013
They reprimand employees with vision for improvements.
They promote Native employees for doing nothing while the "co-workers" pick up their slack and get assigned more work.
Employee accountability is frowned upon because it makes management "look bad". People have been terminated for "taking responsibility" outside their job description.
Pros
some staff are friendly.
Cons
if you're white, everyone wants to destroy you.
Quick paced office, fun coworkers.
Contract Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 27, 2013
Mulit task required.
Being on the paying side of claims.
Very understanding, but stressed.
Fun, helpful and dependable.
Doctors wanting tasks done yesturday.
Assisting the patient.
Pros
training classes.
Cons
being optimistic with unwell patients.
interesting, innovation
Professional Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 22, 2013
busy,
fun
innovating
97% of folks are no longer there (new managent)
most enjouable - working with the graduates/students and staff. Outstanding communication
Pros
networking
Cons
short-handed
Telehealth
Telehealth Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 28, 2013
Helping participating Alaska healthcare organization's medical staff connect with one another in sending patient information for treatment recommendations to improve access and quality of their services.
Love the organization
Senior Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 2, 2012
This is a great organization to work for. I've had a bad experience with a manager however it didnt refrain me from working with the organization. I loved the people I worked with and it has given me a lot of experience and knowlege of the workforce.
Okay place to work
Assistant Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 27, 2012
I learned alot from working at the hospital. I got along with my colleagues, it was fun working with them.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
points for attendance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium. Our community is ready to answer.

Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium Reviews by Location