Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium Employee Reviews

Review all options before choosing this employer
Coder (Former Employee) –  AnchorageJanuary 15, 2017
There may be departments that are well managed where a person will thrive, learn, and grow in their career. Or, depending on the supervisor you might very well be belittled, condescended, and criticisized. Management will cover for management. Those not in supervisory positions will be told, in a very professional manner of course, their feelings don't matter. Management will ask for ideas and suggestions then use them as their own. PTO will be denied. If it's not denied, you will be made to feel that it is a HUGE inconvenience to even request a day off. You will accrue "points" for calling in sick or being late. If you go to HR with an issue about management, HR will go directly back to your supervisor with your complaint. There is no such thing as anonymous reporting. No such thing as no retaliation. Working under certain managerial departments will cause extreme stress.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, HR
Great position with many opportunities for advancement
Quyana Care Coordination Agnet (Former Employee) –  Quyana House and Central Operators OfficeNovember 22, 2016
This company provided great benefits and a comfortable work environment. They promote advancement at every level and encourage furthering ones training and education.
Great people
Travel Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 20, 2016
Great Organization with great people, just not sure if this is what I want in a career. Feel that the management is overwhelmed with things as deadlines are not meet at times.
Great people and great working environment
Biomedical Equipment Repair Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 18, 2017
I was able to do field service throughout the entire state of Alaska fo many years. I was able to attend several vendor training schols and learned a lot. Management was typical for any large corporation but i would give it high marks. I worked with great people and made friends for life.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
actually cannot think of any.
Excellent Management Team
Case Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 13, 2017
The management team was extremely helpful, supportive, and structured. When I completely my daily tasks, I was able to ask the management team to give me a lead on weekly or monthly tasks for our team.
Great company
Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 30, 2017
Takes great care of employees and amazing benefits!! Flexible work schedule and outstanding training. Truly cares about their employees...
Senior Compliance Specialist / Privacy Officer (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 15, 2016
great place w/lots of emphasis on culture. co-workers are great. Difficult at times for work/life balance but overall good.
Introduction
Assigned as triage nurse (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 25, 2016
Travel Nurse working across the country, I am highly skilled in emergency medicine along with critical care nursing to trauma. I am independently strong in my work; however, I get along great with team members and am first to help any collegue out in any situtation and always looking to improve my knowledge and education in the healthcare field to increase my patients outcome and personal skills.
Different every day
Cstomer Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 9, 2017
Working at the hospital gives you a lot of positive exposure to the many different fields within ANMC. Its a new day every day and at the end of each day you never have the same story and you learn something new.
Pros
exposure
Cons
You might get yelled at from a visitor or patient due to their AMS.
Productive and fun
Care Coordination Agent (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 1, 2017
A hard-working position
A daily workload includes checking in and out patients assisting patients as needed making sure patients have the right transportation to arrive at their appointments providing meal cards and taxi vouchers also issuing hotel stays at outside locations if none are available on campus
Enjoyed working with staff and people friendly
medical records (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 12, 2016
Typical day,was excellent, looking forward to going to work everyday. Learned peoples skills, job related skills, Management was informative and supportive. I enjoyed working with staff and around people, teamwork, training and meetings informative and understanding. Hours of work was great, wages and benefits
Pros
Happy, friendly, informative, supportive, teamwork
No advancement, upper management stealing ideas, lying, a complicance nightmare
Associate IT Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 15, 2014
No advancement for skilled workers. Not supportive of family emergencies, and upper management is a joke. Encouraged to report compliance issues without retaliation, not my personal experience. If you are a hard worker be prepared for a high turn over rate and picking up the slack for unqualified or lazy staff members. I know that all the work I did ultimately belonged to the company. However my leaders continued to steal my ideas and contributions and take the credit. I would not recommend this place to work at or receive services because there is a real disconnect with reality. I guess if you get funds from the Federal Government for Support Services you can continue to hire leaders who are incompetent.
Pros
Benefits, some co-workers
Cons
working with people who steal your ideas and hard work, not able to advance based on ability, too much politics
A wonderful place to work
Lawson Systems & Security Administrator (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 19, 2016
Starting with the best orientation I've ever had at a company, I have enjoyed my time at ANTHC. I work with wonderful people, all working towards a worthy goal.
interesting work place
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 23, 2016
very busy,
construction contracting
very political atmosphere,
great co-workers,
hardest part is dealing with the office politics
Beware of this work environment
Laboratory assistant/phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  ANMCMarch 8, 2015
Everything was great in the beginning as in everything. However it took months before I was even told what my real schedule would be. My schedule was all over the place one week it was nights the next days. It was good for me I don't have a family otherwise it would have been more of nightmare.

Coworkers were rude , quick to blame you for every little thing when your still new and in a training mode. Passive aggressive should be the name of the laboratory because one lady literally standing next to me and talking to herself talking to her self and saying absolutely clueless as if I did not know she was referring to me.

In the position I was in as a phlebotomist, it was the upper managements view that being physically assaulted and verbally abused was part of the job description and to either live with those type of work conditions or put in your notice. As I am sure you savvy readers have already deduced that I terminated my employment with this organization.

Please consider other options for employment if your in a clinical setting career. There are neumerous and hopefully more ethical and responsible organizations to be employed by than ANMC!
Cons
Passive aggressive coworkers that are quick to blame but not willing to help you learn your new job.
Very flexible job opportunities and awesome co-workers
Care Coordinator Agent Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 25, 2016
Awesome job! loved every bit, it was a fast paced job and i worked with amazing fun co-workers. Training was easy and I learned and gained so much experience.
Unstable and political work environment
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 13, 2015
The current nature of the hospital is extremely political and unstable. People are promoted and treated differently based on who they know and who they find favor with, not based on any qualifications. Retaliation happens regularly and the human resources department refuses to address it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Retaliation, questionable HR practices, unstable, political
Professional, Innovative and Forward Thinking
Public Relations (Current Employee) –  AnchorageDecember 17, 2014
In my first month here. It has been a fabulous experience so far. Everyone is very friendly and the workplace is very modern and progressive, dedicated to quality improvement. The onboarding cultural orientation was very interesting. I learned about many Alaska Native cultural aspects that I did not know even after living for 20 years in Alaska. Great benefits, free parking and located next to dog walking and ski trails. My dog loves walking with me at lunch!
Pros
Magnet Certification, Level 2 Trauma Center
Hostile and Descriminatory
Manager (Former Employee) –  HospitalDecember 2, 2013
They reprimand employees with vision for improvements.
They promote Native employees for doing nothing while the "co-workers" pick up their slack and get assigned more work.
Employee accountability is frowned upon because it makes management "look bad". People have been terminated for "taking responsibility" outside their job description.
Pros
Some staff are friendly.
Cons
If you're White, everyone wants to destroy you.
Worked well with co-workers
Sr .Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 27, 2015
I enjoyed my time working at Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium (ANTHC). The management was professional. I got along excellent with my co-workers. We worked together as a team and well communication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium. Our community is ready to answer.

Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium Reviews by Location