Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium Employee Reviews

Terrible
Patient Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 25, 2017
Awful management, unorganized, constantly dealing with nepotism, favoritism and double standards. No standard protocol, unpleasant patients and staff. Doesnt offer sick time.
Pros
N/a
Fun to work at ANTHC
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 25, 2017
Great place to work.enjoyed going to work every day.Worked with Alaska natives.Supervised 4 employees in there daily work flow with the CRC Clinic.Helped schedule patients for colonoscopys.
At Work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 16, 2017
Change name boards during shift change, patient report information, Bathe and dress patients, vital signs, serve meal and assist patient with meals, turn and reposition patients who are bedridden, provide and empty bedpan or catheter, lift patients onto bed to wheel chair or chair, take blood sugar, change bedsheets and restock rooms with necessary supplies, answer work phone calls, update patient report sheet.
Pros
Learning new tasks
Cons
Short Breaks
Great place to increase your work experience with diverse cultures from rural Alaska.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 5, 2017
ANTHC is slow at hiring new employees, especially for people with Indian Preference and lack of professional work experience. However, they are great!
Pros
Paid Time Off, employee assurance program, scholarship program.
Cons
Slow at hiring employees, some managers don't have any college degrees but are still working.
the benefits are great
Outpatient Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 2, 2017
I did like working at ANTHC however, they are not forgiving of life and or family situations. They had a crazy point system that did not have consideration for weather, deaths in the family, etc, If you're late, you're late, it doesn't matter the reason.
benefits
Cons
zero tolerance ofbeing tardy or missing work due to weather or life situations
Mix of Skillful Employees with Management as Bottlenecks
Infor Lawson Project Assistant/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AK 99508April 24, 2017
- Company's growth is not up to par with the rest of the market
- Recruiting is difficult and slow with Native hire preference
- Company is top heavy with management
It was a good experience working for ANTHC.
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 13, 2017
Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium is a great place to work with many opportunities to advance in your career, they offer great benefits and focus on Alaska Native cultures.
Productive and fun
Care Coordination Agent (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 1, 2017
A hard-working position
A daily workload includes checking in and out patients assisting patients as needed making sure patients have the right transportation to arrive at their appointments providing meal cards and taxi vouchers also issuing hotel stays at outside locations if none are available on campus
Great company
Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 30, 2017
Takes great care of employees and amazing benefits!! Flexible work schedule and outstanding training. Truly cares about their employees...
Great people and great working environment
Biomedical Equipment Repair Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 18, 2017
I was able to do field service throughout the entire state of Alaska fo many years. I was able to attend several vendor training schols and learned a lot. Management was typical for any large corporation but i would give it high marks. I worked with great people and made friends for life.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
actually cannot think of any.
Review all options before choosing this employer
Coder (Former Employee) –  AnchorageJanuary 15, 2017
There may be departments that are well managed where a person will thrive, learn, and grow in their career. Or, depending on the supervisor you might very well be belittled, condescended, and criticisized. Management will cover for management. Those not in supervisory positions will be told, in a very professional manner of course, their feelings don't matter. Management will ask for ideas and suggestions then use them as their own. PTO will be denied. If it's not denied, you will be made to feel that it is a HUGE inconvenience to even request a day off. You will accrue "points" for calling in sick or being late. If you go to HR with an issue about management, HR will go directly back to your supervisor with your complaint. There is no such thing as anonymous reporting. No such thing as no retaliation. Working under certain managerial departments will cause extreme stress.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, Hr
Excellent Management Team
Case Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 13, 2017
The management team was extremely helpful, supportive, and structured. When I completely my daily tasks, I was able to ask the management team to give me a lead on weekly or monthly tasks for our team.
Different every day
Cstomer Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 9, 2017
Working at the hospital gives you a lot of positive exposure to the many different fields within ANMC. Its a new day every day and at the end of each day you never have the same story and you learn something new.
Pros
exposure
Cons
You might get yelled at from a visitor or patient due to their AMS.
Introduction
Assigned as triage nurse (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 25, 2016
Travel Nurse working across the country, I am highly skilled in emergency medicine along with critical care nursing to trauma. I am independently strong in my work; however, I get along great with team members and am first to help any collegue out in any situtation and always looking to improve my knowledge and education in the healthcare field to increase my patients outcome and personal skills.
Great people
Travel Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 20, 2016
Great Organization with great people, just not sure if this is what I want in a career. Feel that the management is overwhelmed with things as deadlines are not meet at times.
Great position with many opportunities for advancement
Quyana Care Coordination Agnet (Former Employee) –  Quyana House and Central Operators OfficeNovember 22, 2016
This company provided great benefits and a comfortable work environment. They promote advancement at every level and encourage furthering ones training and education.
A wonderful place to work
Lawson Systems & Security Administrator (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 19, 2016
Starting with the best orientation I've ever had at a company, I have enjoyed my time at ANTHC. I work with wonderful people, all working towards a worthy goal.
Senior Compliance Specialist / Privacy Officer (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 15, 2016
great place w/lots of emphasis on culture. co-workers are great. Difficult at times for work/life balance but overall good.
Very flexible job opportunities and awesome co-workers
Care Coordinator Agent Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 25, 2016
Awesome job! loved every bit, it was a fast paced job and i worked with amazing fun co-workers. Training was easy and I learned and gained so much experience.
interesting work place
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 23, 2016
very busy,
construction contracting
very political atmosphere,
great co-workers,
hardest part is dealing with the office politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium. Our community is ready to answer.

Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium Reviews by Location