Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium Employee Reviews

Beware of this work environment
Laboratory assistant/phlebotomist (Former Employee), ANMCMarch 8, 2015
Cons: passive aggressive coworkers that are quick to blame but not willing to help you learn your new job.
Everything was great in the beginning as in everything. However it took months before I was even told what my real schedule would be. My schedule was all over the place one week it was nights the next days. It was good for me I don't have a family otherwise it would have been more of nightmare.

Coworkers were rude , quick to blame you for every little thing when your still new and in a training mode. Passive aggressive should be the name of the laboratory because one lady literally standing next to me and talking to herself talking to her self and saying absolutely clueless as if I did not know she was referring to me.

In the position I was in as a phlebotomist, it was the upper managements view that being physically assaulted and verbally abused was part of the job description and to either live with those type of work conditions or put in your notice. As I am sure you savvy readers have already deduced that I terminated my employment with this organization.

Please consider other options for employment if your in a clinical setting career. There are neumerous and hopefully more ethical and responsible organizations to be employed by than ANMC!
Intense workplace
Senior Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee), Anchorage, AlaskaJanuary 1, 2015
Nobody in charge. Typical government facility. Very little direction given.
Professional, Innovative and Forward Thinking
Public Relations (Current Employee), AnchorageDecember 17, 2014
Pros: magnet certification, level 2 trauma center
In my first month here. It has been a fabulous experience so far. Everyone is very friendly and the workplace is very modern and progressive, dedicated to quality improvement. The onboarding cultural orientation was very interesting. I learned about many Alaska Native cultural aspects that I did not know even after living for 20 years in Alaska. Great benefits, free parking and located next to dog walking and ski trails. My dog loves walking with me at lunch!
No advancement, upper management stealing ideas, lying, a complicance nightmare
Associate IT Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKDecember 15, 2014
Pros: benefits, some co-workers
Cons: working with people who steal your ideas and hard work, not able to advance based on ability, too much politics
No advancement for skilled workers. Not supportive of family emergencies, and upper management is a joke. Encouraged to report compliance issues without retaliation, not my personal experience. If you are a hard worker be prepared for a high turn over rate and picking up the slack for unqualified or lazy staff members. I know that all the work I did ultimately belonged to the company. However my leaders continued to steal my ideas and contributions and take the credit. I would not recommend this place to work at or receive services because there is a real disconnect with reality. I guess if you get funds from the Federal Government for Support Services you can continue to hire leaders who are incompetent.
Good place to work at. Classes as needed. Flexible work hours.
Medical Records File Clerk (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJune 23, 2014
Pros: the hospital is available and there when i have appointments.
Cons: don't know of any.
Good place to work at. The classes are well planned out for the employees as new methods: computer use, customer service come out.
anthc only takes care of top shareholders
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJune 6, 2014
anthc only takes care of top shareholders ...........................................................
Productive, room for advancement, and culturally oriented
Clerical (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKMay 21, 2014
Pros: worked with mosly native
Cons: only half hour lunch
I would like the chance to come work for ANTHC again, with OJT.
A great progressive place to work
Asst Director of Community Health Aide Program (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: progressive work environment
ANTHC is the moving force behind much of the progress seen in rural Alaska health care. Their ability to produce and coordinate great programs and deliver to the villages is amazing. ANTHC is a great place to work.
Hostile and Descriminatory
Manager (Former Employee), HospitalDecember 2, 2013
Pros: some staff are friendly.
Cons: if you're white, everyone wants to destroy you.
They reprimand employees with vision for improvements.
They promote Native employees for doing nothing while the "co-workers" pick up their slack and get assigned more work.
Employee accountability is frowned upon because it makes management "look bad". People have been terminated for "taking responsibility" outside their job description.
Quick paced office, fun coworkers.
Contract Health Specialist (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJuly 27, 2013
Pros: training classes.
Cons: being optimistic with unwell patients.
Mulit task required.
Being on the paying side of claims.
Very understanding, but stressed.
Fun, helpful and dependable.
Doctors wanting tasks done yesturday.
Assisting the patient.
interesting, innovation
Professional Recruiter (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKMay 22, 2013
Pros: networking
Cons: short-handed
busy,
fun
innovating
97% of folks are no longer there (new managent)
most enjouable - working with the graduates/students and staff. Outstanding communication
Telehealth
Telehealth Coordinator (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKFebruary 28, 2013
Helping participating Alaska healthcare organization's medical staff connect with one another in sending patient information for treatment recommendations to improve access and quality of their services.
Love the organization
Senior Office Assistant (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKOctober 2, 2012
This is a great organization to work for. I've had a bad experience with a manager however it didnt refrain me from working with the organization. I loved the people I worked with and it has given me a lot of experience and knowlege of the workforce.
Okay place to work
Assistant Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: points for attendance
I learned alot from working at the hospital. I got along with my colleagues, it was fun working with them.
Great place
Technical Assistance Coordinator (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKAugust 30, 2012
Supportive, motivating and opportunity driven. ANTHC is wonderful.
happy to know i can help save lives
Medical Clerk (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKApril 10, 2012
Pros: 4 days on/ 3 days off
emergency room is 24 hours and we never know what may come in the door. always good to be prepared for traumas.
Was a good place to work
Assistant Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Anchorage, AlaskaJanuary 11, 2012
Cons: short breaks and attendance points
I liked the department that I worked in, the people were great.