Alaska Regional Hospital

Alaska Regional Hospital Employer Reviews

fairly good place to work
File Clerk/Secretary (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: a little high stress
I worked here 10 years ago so this is a little old. Since I worked there it has also gone from a public hospital to a private hospital so things may have changed, but while I worked there they had excellent benefits and the work environment was very good.
Support Staff Warning
PBX Operator (Former Employee), PBXAugust 16, 2014
Pros: barista
Cons: horrible working conditions
There isn't enough room on the page to write all the different situations that happened to me while an employee. I surrendered my badge to Human Resources after three weeks.
Sonographer (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJune 17, 2014
Pros: friendly staff, oprptunity to advance
Cons: small cafeteria
This is a great atmosphere. Because it is the smaller hospital in Anchorage, everybody is very close knit and look out for each other. Overall, a great work environment.
Supportive staff
Patient Access Registrar (Current Employee), Anchorage AKMay 21, 2014
Management and co-workers are supportive. Job is minimal.
BEST PLACE TO WORK !!!
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKDecember 22, 2013
Pros: wonderful place to work.
Cons: no cons !!!
I would still be there had the Army Corps of Engineers not transferred my husband to Hawaii. You will not find a better place to work- Caring, Compassionate, friendly, kind employees and Docs. They treat everyone great, and no favoritism. I miss it.
Good place to work.
Night Shift MLT (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKNovember 27, 2013
Good equipment, ok environment, good benefits, good pay, great hours.
SMALLER SURGICAL FACILITY
RN (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKNovember 17, 2013
Pros: smaller
Cons: owned by a large corporate group
ADVANCED ORTHOPEDIC AND NEUROSURGIACL FACILITY. WELL DEVELOPED PROGRAMS OF CARE DELIVERY. A FULL SERVICE FACILITY FOR OTHERWISE FOR ER, OBSTETRICS,ICU/CCU, CATH LABS ECT.
Great team to work with
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJune 24, 2013
Alaska Regional Hospital is a relatively small hospital with tons to offer. I enjoyed meeting other employees and building a professional work relationship with all of them.
The ups and downs at Alaska Regional Hospital
RN (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKApril 22, 2013
Pros: free employee clinic, a very good wage.
Cons: poor communication, its hard to get requested time off.
A typical day at work starts at 7 and ends at 7:30 depending on day or night shift. Your work load can depend on the number of new admits and the amount of staffing durring your shift. Staffing can be changed at any time of your shift and your patient load can change at any time. As a chage nurse I have learned how to deal with these changes with staffing – more... in order to make smooth transititions for my staff. Management is not available durring night shift except for the House Supervisior. Most communication is done through e-mail. Most of my co-workers are experenced nurses with a few nurses with 1 or 2 years of experence. The hardest part of my job is dealing with upset co-workers who are upset with fellow co-works and new policies they disagree with. The most enjoyable part of my job is the actual contact with diffrent patients and the quick recovery from their orthopedic surgery. – less
Great little hospital but poorly managed from afar
Registered Nurse - Critical Care Unit (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKMarch 20, 2013
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: union, upper managment
Alaska Regional Hospital is small enough for employees to feel like family. The biggest drawback is that its an HCA facility, which means the corporation back in the lower 48 states tries to make policy that doesn't apply in AK. Oh, and the union (local teamsters - figure that out) that represents nurses is receiving kickbacks from the hospital, so – more... they have a conflict of interest when negotiating on your behalf and aren't work much. But unions haven't been relevant for a while now, and it's really not enough of a negative to not recommend this facility. – less
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: self scheduling, easy going co-workers
Cons: short breaks, 24-48 hour call
My typical day at work would included 30-40 surgery patients that would come through the PACU; maybe 1/3 of those would be inpatients. PACU patients could be anything from colonoscopy with anesthesia to cardioid endartectomy. When needed I was charge nurse. I also precepted nursing students for UAA and oriented new hires to the unit.
The hardest part – more... of the job is balancing; moving patients out of recovery ( phase I and II are in the same room) to allow new post surgical patients into recovery.
I loved assisting Anesthesia with picc lines and blocks.
My co-workers are the best, you never felt alone; Great team work.
I loved the critical care aspect of the job. To be able to identify problems before they became critical. – less
Very professional place towork
Outpatient Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKDecember 28, 2012
Pros: interaction with patients of all ages.
Cons: short breaks
Worked as outpatient phlebotomist. I learned a lot about different tests as far as blood collection, different technique and met a lot of really nice people. Management was great very professional and understanding. The hardest part of the job was to learn all new computer data entry at the start of training. Most enjoyable part was the opportunity – more... to grow and learn new things on daily basis. – less
Wide in Scope
Call Manager System Operator (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKDecember 4, 2012
Pros: employees are shown appreciation often, baskets, meals, holiday ham, contests/prizes
Cons: it's still a job, you have to go most days
A day is busy with you being surprised by something new, usually someone did it or said it . ARH offers a dense amount of talented indiviuals who like what they do, which spills over on everyone coming through our doors. It feels close as an employee and management too, is a part of a good day.
A company where you feel like you can have a long standing – more... career position and be openly precocious in your job. – less
Your friends are your family
ER/ICU RN (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKOctober 27, 2012
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: tough to take breaks related to the fast paced nature
ICU: I loved the staff I worked with, 3-12 hour shifts with 1 on-call/2 weeks was fantastic (ALWAYS availability for overtime). Unit supervisor/charge nurse was great working schedules to accommodate needs. Worst part was the occasional float to the step-down unit
Loved my job
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKAugust 22, 2012
I loved going to work everyday. I got to interact with the public in a more positive way. My boss was great, she was there to always offer us assistance when we needed it.