Alaska Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Positive and supportive atmosphere
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 20, 2016
As a student nurse I cannot speak to the compensation or job security. I experienced positivity and support from my preceptor and all of the nurses on the unit. The nurse educators who set up my preceptorship would check in with me to make sure everything was working out well.
Great team work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 7, 2016
Absolutely a great place to work if you have a desire to provide high quality pt care. Everyone below management understands the importance of team work and proper training.. They are more than willing to help you become a better care provider. That said, you are held to a high standard once they believe you can meet it.
One of the best jobs I have ever had
Registration Emergency Room Lead (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 16, 2016
work day was always new, fresh and fun! Management was great and the medical and office staff was like having another family
Pros
Willing to go above and beyond for their employees
Cons
Was not able to advance withing the company under their current ownership
I enjoyed working with the ladies and I had a tremendous boss and manager. I hated having to quit at the time as I had a bowel resection.
Tom Kent, Manager Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AK 99508April 9, 2016
I give it thumbs up and would work there anytime if I still lived in Alaska, probably would seek a clerical job as I no longer want to do transcription even though I enjoyed it at the time. Can be stressful if doctors are difficult to understand and work must be accurate due to importance of the reports.
Pros
Salary and benefits were good including bonuses for work done well and on time.
Cons
Traveling to the hospital in the winter on bad roads, especially if working nights.
RN (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 1, 2016
Alaska Regional Hospital was a great place to work. The people are loyal to the hospital despite some very long and hard shifts at times.
Could use a face-lift, but that is coming in the future.
Pros
Plenty of opportunity for education
Cons
Needed more help in SPD
ARH is the best place to work.
PCA/Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 10, 2015
I don't missed the weather in Alaska but i do missed the all people in ARH specially in the PCU and Pre-OP. ARH is not the biggest hospital in Alaska but is the best and better hospital in Alaska. If i ever go back to Alaska i would rather be working at the ARH. Not only the benefit's are good but everyone treated me like a family.They have the best Orthopedic doctor,Heart doctor,Anesthesia doctors and Endoscopy doctors.
Pros
Treated everyone in the same level, full of positive people, good heart and is fun to work with.
Cons
NO Cons!!
Warning!!! Work there at your own risk
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 18, 2015
There isn't enough room on the page to write about all the different situations that happened to me while an employee. I surrendered my badge to Human Resources after 11 months. The supervisor is crude, and obnoxious and comes and goes as she pleases, and co-workers on the day shift are a mix of individuals with psychotic personalities. Be prepared for bullying with little support from management to correct the problem. Management falls short on a lot of levels. The hospital projects a persona of being a great medical facility and it is not. It is just mediocre at best. EPIC electronic medical record is a total nightmare.
Pros
Great coffee cart
Cons
Managment falls short from the top down.
Wonderful Place to Work
Patient Access Registrar (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 12, 2015
This hospital is an amazing place to work.
Your not just apart of a company when working here.
You are apart of a family.
The hardest thing about the job is working with a lot of different people and job titles.
I love meeting all kinds of people and their stories.
Pros
discount lunch, great staff, good benifits
Cons
short lunch breaks, crowed space, not enough waiting area
Management needs help
Certified Nursing Assistant/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AkAugust 11, 2015
Pros
good pay
Cons
High census
Sterile Processing
SPD Supervisor (Former Employee) –  AnchorageJuly 28, 2015
Horrible working conditions. No support from upper level management. Employees treated badly. Not given information or resources to effectively perform tasks needed in a safe manner.
Benefits
Cons
Understafed, no support
An excellent place to work
RN OR, Open Heart & Interim-Surgical Director (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 24, 2015
Well qualified staff/surgeons, caring staff, exceptional quality of care to patients, excellent work environment. I enjoyed working at this hospital.
High quality care, an efficent work enviroment,excellent medical benefits
Perioperative Services as same Day surgery nurse (Current Employee) –  anchorage alaskaApril 7, 2015
work day starts at 0600 and ends at 1630,day starts out with approximately 12 OR surgical patients to prepare for surgery.
multiple IV starts, blood draws,meds to pass,clip and scrub op sites, apply SCD's and Teds. Assisst with blocks and epidurals. documentaion of patient assesment and meds given and procedures that were done. Float to radiolgy to start IV;s and or place urinary catheter. Float to phase II Recovery. Float to Preadmission testing to interview next day patients. co-workers are very open to helping each other we are very team oriented. hardest part of the job is going to work at 0600. the most enjoyable is working and interacting with the patients and their families. immediate management is experienced but new to our hospital , very knowledgeable. or management is ok not alot of experience , manager of PACU has just quit so that position is vacant at this time but she was great and very organized
Pros
CEO visit departments frequently, benefits are great, able to transfer from one HCA to another
Cons
all nurses have to wear the same color
Outsourcing agency (IMS) has taken over SPD
Sterile Processing Tech (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 25, 2015
Once a great place to work, now it is a miserable place to work since IMS has taken over sterile processing dept. Low morale, micromanaged, relies on informants to report back any thing done or said on the floor. Understaffed, over worked. No breaks.
Pros
friendly nurses
Cons
no breaks
Best hospital in Alaska
Emergency Room Technician, Orthopedic Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 11, 2014
ARH is the smallest of the major hospitals in Anchorage, and as a result it is the most personalized for patients. The hospital is staffed by the best nurses in the world and the hospital is full of great personalities. It is where I go for treatment in AK and where I would be applying for jobs if I were in AK.
Pros
the people
Cons
smells like hospital disinfectant
fairly good place to work
File Clerk/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 12, 2014
I worked here 10 years ago so this is a little old. Since I worked there it has also gone from a public hospital to a private hospital so things may have changed, but while I worked there they had excellent benefits and the work environment was very good.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
a little high stress
Support Staff Warning
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  PBXAugust 16, 2014
There isn't enough room on the page to write all the different situations that happened to me while an employee. I surrendered my badge to Human Resources after three weeks.
Pros
barista
Cons
horrible working conditions
Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 17, 2014
This is a great atmosphere. Because it is the smaller hospital in Anchorage, everybody is very close knit and look out for each other. Overall, a great work environment.
Pros
friendly staff, oprptunity to advance
Cons
small cafeteria
Supportive staff
Patient Access Registrar (Current Employee) –  Anchorage AKMay 21, 2014
Management and co-workers are supportive. Job is minimal.
Best place to work !!!
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 22, 2013
I would still be there had the Army Corps of Engineers not transferred my husband to Hawaii. You will not find a better place to work- Caring, Compassionate, friendly, kind employees and Docs. They treat everyone great, and no favoritism. I miss it.
Pros
wonderful place to work.
Cons
no cons !!!
Good place to work.
Night Shift MLT (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 27, 2013
Good equipment, ok environment, good benefits, good pay, great hours.

Alaska Regional Hospital Reviews by Location