Alaska Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Not My Favorite
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 6, 2017
Hospital programs are great for cross training and moving into other technologist positions. The CT department could be good or bad depending on the day. Small area for four people to work in. Stressful and somewhat hard to work with Management. Since I was there, Management has changed and I hope for the better.
na
Employee (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 3, 2017
Busy work environment
Very stressfull , does not pay very well , otherwise very good ceo and other management are very caring and proffessional and help out as much as they can
Great Team of Nurses
Cardiovascular Service Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  CVSUMay 28, 2017
Primary Care Nursing on 3-4 step-down patients per shift. GE is the tele system. Great place to work. Coworkers are very friendly and inclusive. Very family like.
Pros
30 minutes lunch, union
Cons
no cna
Alaska Regional Hospital
Housekeeping then to a Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 24, 2017
This place has been like a second home to me. I started in housekeeping and now work in registration. ARH encourages their employees to move up in the company and learn new things.
Pros
Communication about changes
Cons
Hours
Good environment and equipment.
Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 1, 2017
Alaska Regional was a positive note in my career, with strong leadership and fair supervision of a busy schedule. They are dedicated to providing the techs with up to date equipment and techniques.
Pros
Well managed.
Cons
minimal upward mobility
Na
Inpatient and Outpatient Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 7, 2017
Inpatient and Outpatient Phlebotomist. Well over 1,500 blood draws in a little over three years, I worked varied shifts consisting of early morning, all day, night shifts, over night shifts, and every other shift in between. I have experience with patients as well as situations of all types. I have worked with infants, geriatrics, adolescents, conscious and unconscious people, post and pre-operative patients, inpatient floor rounds in a six floor hospital, emergency room as well as trauma. Actively participated in statewide (local & out of town) health fairs, and was also the outpatient mobile Phlebomist for a little over a year at a children's behavioral center; Northstar Behavioral Treatment Center/ Northstar Hospital.
Great coworkers,friendly atmosphere
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 12, 2017
I enjoyed my time here- loved my coworkers. Did have to work short staffed often due to high census but we made it work, floated fairly often too. Small hospital with friendly atmosphere. Union provides funding for CEs.
Difficult corporate life.
Imaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 16, 2016
Worked here for 2 years and have seen a lot of changes for the worse. Management and HR in particular have no interest in the employees' wellbeing nor their work/life balance. Beware midlevel management, especially in radiology.
Pros
Medical mistakes are overlooked if you are well liked.
Cons
Call shifts, disingenuous supervisors and directors.
large or fully staffed
CST (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 21, 2016
staffed 24 hr shifts. Has total joints, neuro, heart program, davinci. Spd not fully staffed when I left so was a problem.
Pros
enough staff, have leads for all specialties
Cons
if busy won't get lunch
Positive and supportive atmosphere
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 20, 2016
As a student nurse I cannot speak to the compensation or job security. I experienced positivity and support from my preceptor and all of the nurses on the unit. The nurse educators who set up my preceptorship would check in with me to make sure everything was working out well.
Great team work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 7, 2016
Absolutely a great place to work if you have a desire to provide high quality pt care. Everyone below management understands the importance of team work and proper training.. They are more than willing to help you become a better care provider. That said, you are held to a high standard once they believe you can meet it.
One of the best jobs I have ever had
Registration Emergency Room Lead (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 16, 2016
work day was always new, fresh and fun! Management was great and the medical and office staff was like having another family
Pros
Willing to go above and beyond for their employees
Cons
Was not able to advance withing the company under their current ownership
I enjoyed working with the ladies and I had a tremendous boss and manager. I hated having to quit at the time as I had a bowel resection.
Tom Kent, Manager Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AK 99508April 9, 2016
I give it thumbs up and would work there anytime if I still lived in Alaska, probably would seek a clerical job as I no longer want to do transcription even though I enjoyed it at the time. Can be stressful if doctors are difficult to understand and work must be accurate due to importance of the reports.
Pros
Salary and benefits were good including bonuses for work done well and on time.
Cons
Traveling to the hospital in the winter on bad roads, especially if working nights.
RN (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 1, 2016
Alaska Regional Hospital was a great place to work. The people are loyal to the hospital despite some very long and hard shifts at times.
Could use a face-lift, but that is coming in the future.
Pros
Plenty of opportunity for education
Cons
Needed more help in SPD
ARH is the best place to work.
PCA/Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 10, 2015
I don't missed the weather in Alaska but i do missed the all people in ARH specially in the PCU and Pre-OP. ARH is not the biggest hospital in Alaska but is the best and better hospital in Alaska. If i ever go back to Alaska i would rather be working at the ARH. Not only the benefit's are good but everyone treated me like a family.They have the best Orthopedic doctor,Heart doctor,Anesthesia doctors and Endoscopy doctors.
Pros
Treated everyone in the same level, full of positive people, good heart and is fun to work with.
Cons
NO Cons!!
Warning!!! Work there at your own risk
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 18, 2015
There isn't enough room on the page to write about all the different situations that happened to me while an employee. I surrendered my badge to Human Resources after 11 months. The supervisor is crude, and obnoxious and comes and goes as she pleases, and co-workers on the day shift are a mix of individuals with psychotic personalities. Be prepared for bullying with little support from management to correct the problem. Management falls short on a lot of levels. The hospital projects a persona of being a great medical facility and it is not. It is just mediocre at best. EPIC electronic medical record is a total nightmare.
Pros
Great coffee cart
Cons
Managment falls short from the top down.
Wonderful Place to Work
Patient Access Registrar (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 12, 2015
This hospital is an amazing place to work.
Your not just apart of a company when working here.
You are apart of a family.
The hardest thing about the job is working with a lot of different people and job titles.
I love meeting all kinds of people and their stories.
Pros
discount lunch, great staff, good benifits
Cons
short lunch breaks, crowed space, not enough waiting area
Management needs help
Certified Nursing Assistant/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AkAugust 11, 2015
Pros
good pay
Cons
High census
Sterile Processing
SPD Supervisor (Former Employee) –  AnchorageJuly 28, 2015
Horrible working conditions. No support from upper level management. Employees treated badly. Not given information or resources to effectively perform tasks needed in a safe manner.
Benefits
Cons
Understafed, no support
An excellent place to work
RN OR, Open Heart & Interim-Surgical Director (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 24, 2015
Well qualified staff/surgeons, caring staff, exceptional quality of care to patients, excellent work environment. I enjoyed working at this hospital.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alaska Regional Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Alaska Regional Hospital Reviews by Location