Alaska USA FCU Employee Reviews in United States

If you get hired strive to be the favorite
Member Service Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAMay 22, 2016
1) This company is open 24/7 including holidays so if you don't have a family or a need to be off on holidays then this place is for you! Where I worked wasn't 24 hours yet & I say "yet" because they do let you know that their is a possibility that it maybe one day so always keep that in mind but we still worked holidays. 2) do you have a sensitive nose or easily offended by loud smells? Because some of the women in the call center are into natural oils & have no consideration for the other employees they are cooped up with in that small call center all day & they drench themselves in the stuff employees can be heard complaining of the loud smells within the break room but keep quiet out of fear of retaliation from the higher ups. 3) Most of the mangers or people you will rely on for help do not know their job you will find yourself getting multiple answers on simple things just to find out all of those answers were wrong, I will admit the people where I was located were very nice and knew their job & very pleasant when you reach out for help. The Alaska team was usually rude and dry and treated us like they didn't want to be bothered half the time and when you're a new employee whose never worked in a call center it's extremely disheartening to call for help and get treated like that. 4) to some of the higher ups you are just a # expected to take your calls and be there at all times they will not understand that emergencies come up and their attendance policy is the worst which is why some employees have been there for over a year and can't advance & don't go out on LOA for  more... health reasons or you will be written up, placed on probation, or unable to be promoted because they consider this bad attendance 5) they will tell you it's lots of room for advancement which isn't true as I said before its employees that have been there for years and are good at their jobs and get looked over for promotions they go after  less
Pros
A few nice coworkers, treadmill
Cons
If you are not a favorite management will harass you
Bias
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 17, 2016
The company is very bias with few good manager. On a average of 1-10 I would say the company treat its members member really well, but its employee unfairly.
Pros
Good bonus
Cons
quarterly bonus is always good
It's a job
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  AZMarch 20, 2016
It's a good company if you're going to school, however career wise you'll want to rip your hair out doing nothing for months. Good pay but you literally almost do nothing.
Pros
Lots of free time
Cons
Lots of free time
Friendly work environment
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 23, 2015
A lot of room for development and growth. Management cared about the employees and their morale. People are friendly and caring about one another.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
na
Great Benefits
Buyer III (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 15, 2015
If Alaska USA was located in Missouri I would have loved to transfer. Great employees and good benefits. Everyone is this company has been so helpful.
Great company to work for
Research Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 22, 2015
Wonderful Management, easy going, firm but still cares about their employees. Great teamwork, other employees are easy and fun to work with.
Pros
Great benefits
Alaska USA - Technical Side
Information Management Project Support Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 20, 2015
I was respected during my years at Alaska USA FCU. I worked my way up through the ranks. I succeeded by accepting and conquering all challenges thrown my way.

I was on call once a month, grew knowledge and was able to make informed decisions.

This job was cut short after I was hand-picked by management for a new project oriented team. Unfortunately, my wife and I simply needed to be closer to Wisconsin. It was hard leaving.
Pros
great team environment. technical project focus
Cons
too far away from home.
Very little job growth potential, management is not supportive of individual career goals
Senior Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WaSeptember 11, 2014
In Washington, there is very little job growth or support for career advancement from management. Very little, to no accountability for poor actions and treatment of their employees. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
lack of support and accountability
Good company to work for.
Senior Central Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 25, 2014
Ive been at the credit union for over 13 years, they have been very good with their employees. I would recommend any person interested in this field to apply there.
Flexible and great beneifts
Visa Credit Specialist I, II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 21, 2014
It was great to work for Alaska USA because they had great benefits!