Alaska USA Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

A good experience
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Juneau, AK 99801May 5, 2016
Stressful and not for young adults, management is very micro managed and not all for the staff, co-workers were fine. learned a little bit about the banking world. The hardest part of the job was management. Nothing to enjoy
Company that cares
SENIOR DEALER TITLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 15, 2016
Alaska USA FCU was one of the most best working relationships in my work experience. They ensure the staff is fully prepared to handle the workload and provide the tools and training to make sure members are serviced at the highest level.
Short term job
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Northgate, WADecember 29, 2015
This is a good company, has great benefits, opportunities to move up are available, but can take over a year to move up. The company is always hiring because the turn over rate is so high at many of the branches.
THIS IS A HEAVY SALES JOB. You have sales goals and are expected to meet them each week/month/year. Everything is about the sales of credit cards, loans, ect. If you are not comfortable pushing products do not apply for this company.
The hours are not great, this company is open 7 days a week, and almost all holidays; great for the members but terrible for employees. Your shifts are either 930-630 or 1030-730, and most your days off will not be together.
I work at a particularly strict branch so I can only attest to my experience at this one branch, but the company is very 'old school' in that they want professionalism to the extreme, which leads to a very conformist and stifling atmosphere. No personal conversations, ect.
There are bonus opportunities each month based off branch totals and shared evenly by each branch employee that did not have any missed time. If you are out sick or tardy and do not have the paid time off to cover it, you forfeit your monthly bonus.
For me this was a good opportunity to learn banking, but not a long term job, I need more personal time than one day off here and there.
I will continue to bank with this credit union as it is a good company.
Pros
Bonuses and Benefits
Cons
Scheduling, heavy sales job
Great place to work for.
Loan Closer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 9, 2015
Small department however large workflow.
Typical work day. Just pull and process loan file to be distribute to customer to sign.
Great boss to work with.
Love working independently.
Job is never to hard.
Pros
Quarterly incentive
Company that cares about their employees
Research Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 28, 2015
This company was a great place to work, cared about the people who worked for them. I learned good organizational skills, problem solving skills. The management for my department were firm yet compassionate, they made this a fun and unstressed place to work. My co-workers were probably they best co workers I have ever had the pleasure of working with. The hardest part of the job was adjusting some loans, and the most enjoyable part was when I could make a member happy by helping to solve a problem.
Amazing Company
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Silverdale, WASeptember 3, 2015
The company cares about their members and are not high pressure sales. this makes it easy to sell products that are designed to help improve our members lives or situations. The hardest part of this job is the hours, they are open 7 days a week and late during the week days. This cuts into your time with your family and makes plans hard to follow through with.
Skills I've learned here will be with me forever
ABM (Current Employee) –  WAAugust 29, 2015
The company as a whole has a great mission and vision. The core of the CU is member service, which I will say is far superior than any other company I have ever done business with. Members are treated as people instead of a number; like at some other financial institutions. This also gives you a standard when conducting business in your personal life. There is a culture to be had here and upper management really does a great job of reinforcing the expectations.
Pros
Benefits, training
Cons
Schedule
Good if you have no other options
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eagle River, AKJuly 31, 2015
Alaska USA does have good positions within the company. But unless you want to be treated poorly by both management and members do not work in a branch position. I worked here 3 years while I went to school. Barely paid my bills, and I was very good at my job, and was promoted quickly but the company itself is full of employees in different departments that do not like each other, and makes doing a simple job harder. Just stay away from this company! The branches teach unethical behavior, just to reach sales goals, and they do not support honesty!
Pros
Sales bonus, steady income
Cons
Poor management, not wanting employees to succeed, treated poorly.
Productive work enviornment, great people to work for.
Research Accounting Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 20, 2015
start day off by working member request, then reports, teller outages,GLs, then member request if there is time left. I have learned a lot, training was excellent, love my co-workers like family, the hardest part of the job is spread sheets for loans, I have enjoyed everything about the job, awesome place to work.
Pros
free coffee, tea and being treated like an adult.
Cons
Great company to work for in the banking industry
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAMarch 23, 2015
Throughout my experience with AK USA FCU, I have learned a lot about the company, as well as myself. The team and managers are wonderful! A typical day of work consists of teller transactions and great connections with our members. The hardest part of my job was trying to sell products that I wasn't fully knowledgeable about. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relations I was able to build with my team and my members.
company is ok
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAFebruary 20, 2015
no room for advancement. Strong Job Security.
Benefits are alright. Job itself wasn't as enjoyable for me as I was lead to believe. I learn a lot from the job as well as about myself from the job.
I worked in the Recovery Dept.
Debt Recovery Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 10, 2015
I learned alot at AK USA. When I started working there, I had no idea about loans, credit lines or fraud. I learned all about these during the years at the Credit Union. My co-workers were great. The VP of the Credit Department's office was next to mine and he was a wonderful, yet firm boss. The hardest part of the job, was to get members to make payments on credit lines, or repo'd vehicles. But I managed to be top collector for quite a few months.
Pros
hours of 10-7
Cons
grumpy members, threats from members.
Fun place to work
Seior Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bethel, AKDecember 19, 2014
Help members throughout the day while accomplishing daily tasks.
Teller, Control & ATM Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 23, 2014
Looked forward to going to work each day, learned to do various task, such as control room, riding around servicing and learning the operation of an ATM. Co-workers were very helpful and great to get along with. The hardest part of the job was to carry cans to ATM Machines to be serviced. Enjoyable part of the job was I was always on the go continuously, & outdoors
Pros
helping and assisting
Fun with activies, always short staffed
Enforcement Officer Litigation Department (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 15, 2014
We seem to always be short staffed because people keep moving around within the company because of poor management. One day our vice president came into the department and fired all management. I have a feeling that will be happening again.
Cons
short staffing= no time for your annual review or raise
Great management
SENIOR DEALER TITLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Anchorage AKOctober 20, 2014
Alaska USA FCU has been the best job I have ever worked at. The management team in the titles department was great and provided the necessary tools employees needed to be successful. The organization and staff made working at Alaska USA feel like a complete team. Cannot say enough about the organization.
Fun, team worker place
Closing Supervisor & Lead Closer (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAOctober 16, 2014
Loved my job. My boss made it fun, completive and exciting. It was a great place to work. The Loan Officer were always very helpful
Upon Request
Branch Manager/ Membership Development (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 14, 2014
Upon Request
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Real nice place to work at
Financial Services Consultant/ Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 30, 2014
Enjoyed working at akausa.
Very nice environment
Overall its a great place to build the career.
upscale training and work environment
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 8, 2014
I really enjoyed talking with members of the credit union and building relationships, as well as assisting with something as crucial as a person's finances.
Pros
i was able to be rewarded for progress.
Cons
there was a lack of freedom with scheduling.

4.5