FRONT DESK ATTENDANT JOB DESCRIPTION
Basic Job Function:
- Check in/out hotel guests courteously and efficiently to obtain the highest level of guest satisfaction.
- To process all charges and payments according to the Front Office procedures. Provide information to any guest or visitor inquiry.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Represent Hotel to the customer in such a way as to promote customer loyalty and provide an exceptionally high level of service.
2. Access all functions of computer system according to established procedures and standards.
3. Answer the telephone using correct greetings and good manners.
4. Promote positive guest relations in person and via telephone.
5. Maintain a basic knowledge of rates, types of room, locations, promotions, & walk-ins.
6. Ability to process guest check-ins using established procedures. Ability to verify registration cards for the correct information.
7. Maintain open and concise communications with the front office supervisor/manager in reference to all guests.
8. Ability to understand reservation codes, field inputs and special trace information.
Abilities and Requirements;
Requirements are represented of minimum levels of knowledge, skill and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitude to perform each:
- High school diploma.
- Has good interpersonal skills and enjoys working with people in a service position.
- Is dependable and maintains good attendance.
- Experience with computer data entry.
- Has the ability to remain standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to focus on guests needs by remaining calm and courteous.
- Be able to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions.
Note All duties and requirements stated above are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the staff occupying this position. Staff members may be required to perform other job-related duties by their supervisor.