Albany International

Albany International United States Employee Reviews

Interesting and diverse manufacturing company
Student Engineering Intern (Current Employee), Homer, NYMarch 1, 2015
My typical workday at Albany International is about four hours long. From the moment I arrive, I get settled with my colleagues in a conference room. I spend time talking with my supervisor, Scott, catching him up on what work I have been doing and what progress my team and I have made. I have learned a lot about working in an office space attached to a manufacturing floor. As needed, I can walk onto the manufacturing floor and take measurements or record data from the machines my team is working with. My supervisor and the rest of the staff interacting with us have been very helpful and cooperative with anything we need or ask of them. Whenever there is a question, Scott tries to teach us or show us approaches to figuring out the answer ourselves as opposed to him just telling us directly. In this way, all of us are continually learning new things on the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with a team of colleagues, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, to generate a set of solutions for the problems delegated to us. Working in a new environment that was unlike anything I was familiar with was a bit challenging at first, but I quickly learned how certain things worked at the company and adapted well.
Workplace
Weaver/Loom Operator (Former Employee), KaukaunwFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: management
The overall duties were enjoyable and part of a continuous learning environment. A lot of OT is offered, so it makes home life difficult. Management isn't around a whole lot, and doesn't do well at listening to their employees.
Albany International Corporation
Human Resources Generalist/Trainer/Counselor (Current Employee), Saint Stephen, SCFebruary 2, 2015
Great Place to work overall. I am just looking to relocate.
Great group of people that made working there a joy.
Almost no turnover and it is planted right in the middle of some beautiful countryside.
ok place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Homer, NYDecember 9, 2014
Pros: meeting a few great people becoming good friends and free food sometimes
Cons: breaks were not up to par your suppose to get 30 min breaks not always the case, smokers got more breaks then non smokers
Most co workers were good to work with, worked night shift 7 pm to 7 am typical night at work was coming in for shift meeting getting put to a line that is where u stay unless you line is complete you help someone else. hard part was it was the night shift.
worker (Former Employee), Rochester, NHSeptember 26, 2014
Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lawrence, GAJune 26, 2014
Typical day at work was enjoyable because I learned something different everyday.
I learned how Garage doors were made.
Management staff were friendly and helpful.
Enjoyed all my co-workers as family
Hardest part was leaving this Company to move back to Florida.
Interfaced with hourly and salaried employees on payroll and benefits.
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Kaukauna, WIApril 10, 2014
Pros: employee recognition, benefits
Each and every day I was alway learning something new. My day would have a wide range of administrative tasks with included coordinating meetings, phone interviews, and benefit/payroll questions.

I truly enjoy working with the employees to ensure they were alway taken care of and got their questions answered. If I didn't know the answer I would alway work with them until we found an answer together.

The hardest part of the job was trying to close the gap between the management way of thinking and the hourly employee way of thinking. Sometimes management would be thinking on a corporate level instead of a local level. My goal was alway to be there for the hourly employees and take care of them to the best of my ability.
Very Professional
AR Collections Analyst Contract Assignment (Former Employee), Albany, NYMarch 21, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: non
Although the position was a contract position I really admired the management and staff. A great team oriented atmosphere comfortable great place to work
Worked for my dad (Master Gardner)
Buildings and Groundskeeper (Former Employee), Menands, NYFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: learning, people
Cons: none really at the time
Cared for 100+ acres, Worldwide company headquarters. Learned all areas of grounders keeping and facilities. Worked during college and only left due to getting married and wasn't continuing schooling
Good company with great company Christmas parties and picnics
Machinist (Former Employee), Stone Mountain, GAJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: large company with tight nit workforce
Cons: very small break room
This is a big company but treated people like close family. I would come in on Monday and would aline and plan out my own work week (according to workload. Worked close with others including my supervisor to meet production needs.
Great place to work. We felt like a family because we had been together so long.
Seamer (Former Employee), Portland, TNJuly 17, 2013
Pros: great pay, benefits, great working conditions
Cons: 20 minutes for lunch
Working at Albany International was not like any other place I had worked before. The plant was clean and orderly with a controlled environment. The day started at 6:00 a.m. and I knew to check the board everyday to see where I would be working. It was a seat down job but I had to get up from time to time depending on what needed to be done. When I had to do a set up it usually took a good part of the day if not all day. Just depended on the fabric being set up. I learned how to use a measuring tape, math, and how to pay close attention to detail. The fabrics were for paper machines so the seaming process had to be near flawless. Any imperfections in the forming fabric could show up in the printing process and the customer and their product had to come first. The belts were used to make paper, diapers, surgical gowns, and many other items. The co-workers were a great bunch of people for the most part. As with any group of people no day was perfect. But, all in all, a great bunch of people I miss very much. The hardest part of the job was learning everything I needed to know to feel comfortable to do the job. The job usually took around a year to be fully trained. In that amount of time there were production numbers to be met in order to top out. The majority of people working there usually topped out before the year was up. The very hardest part was when the plant closed in 2010. The most enjoyable part of the job was the way the company wanted the employees to have a great working environment with great benefits and pay. Seemed like they really cared about the people. It was not like going to a job at all. It was more like learning a craft.
Great company to have the chance to worked and invested 17 years of my life. They have great benefits package and great working conditions.
pinseamer (Former Employee), Menands, NYMay 9, 2013
Pros: they celebrate christmas every year and summer picnics
Cons: very sad to see everybody leave.
Good communication; safety meetings on a regular basis; great food at the cafeteria
PMC not as secure as it once was
ENGINEER (Former Employee), Albany, NYApril 6, 2013
The PMC portion of the buisness is still profitable but not what management is interested in anymore.
Global Presence, Diversity and Fun
Manager, Enterprise Applications (Former Employee), Menands, NYApril 2, 2013
Pros: the complexity and diversity of the organization
Cons: the changes that were coming to the organization.
It was an exciting challenge working with 34 different manufacturing plants in 14 different countries. The working environments, culture etc. made it exciting and challenging.
The best company I have ever worked for, Respected my work and safety.
Production worker (Former Employee), Stone Mt. GAJune 25, 2012
Pros: great company
Cons: company sold division to an competior.
Fabricated paper machine parts and finished wear strips to paper mills specs. I learned a great deal on customer needs. The hardest task I had was when we were working over time and a customer called after hours (about 9 pm, friday) and was as quoted by the caller, A very unhappy camper" with a product we had sent him. Found out the salesman had put wrong specs on the order. Since the office was closed and could not reach anyone to get aproval to remake the parts I had the choice to tell the customer he had to wait untill monday to get it worked out. or send the customer what he needed. I choosed to make the parts and send it , then deal with the manament. Since I turned a unhappy customer into a happy customer I did not get any flack on doing this!
Exceptional Work/Life Balance and Values
Corporate Administrator (Former Employee), Menands, NYApril 11, 2012
Pros: on-site medical. recognition.
Cons: relocation of company.
Very fast paced, varied work load. Always opportunities to learn from management. Extremely team oriented. All co-workers know the value in working not only with our direct team, but also how we interacted with other departments. The hardest part of this job was the lack of time to delve into the work. Constant priority changes were difficult at times. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with amazing, intelligent individuals.
Albany International was a great company to work.
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Simpsonville, SCMarch 26, 2012
Large manufacturing company. I worked for this company for 14 years until the location closed. Job was very hands on with limited supervision.
Well managed manufacturing facility
Planner (Former Employee), Weaverville, NCMarch 17, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: declining demand
Local facility closed or I would still be working for this company. Fair pay, good communication from the front office to all levels of production.
Keeping up with technolagy
Seamer, Lab Tech (Former Employee), Perth onJanuary 3, 2012
Pros: we were on honour system for breaks and lunches, we could work hours in if you were absent.
Cons: downsized and the ones over 25 years were let go.
I loved my job at Albany. There were always changes and the company kept up with all the latest equippement. and process developement. There was always training going on which made it exciting and ready to learn something new everyday. They were constantly on top of safety and that makes a better and safe work enviroment.
Empresa que trabalha em equipe
Secretária Executiva (Former Employee), Albany, NYJuly 8, 2012
Pros: por ser outro país, a comida não era boa como a brasileira.
Cons: meu almoço era uma maçã.
Me sentia à vontade e tinha liberdade em realizar meu trabalho. Tinha também facilidade em me relacionar com as pessoas.
Aprendi que quando você trabalha em uma empresa com muitas pessoas é muito importante ser competente e ter senso de equipe para que você possa crescer profissionalmente, contribuindo assim para a evolução da Empresa.