Albany International Employee Reviews

lay offs
Quality Control Supervisor @ Albany International (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 29, 2017
this company is restructuring their management teams. they layoff are really high. they also work a lot of overtime due to pour planning. they have a very high turnover rate and it is hard to get people to apply for the job.
Pros
money
Cons
layoff
Excellent facility and co-workers. Great pay and benifits.
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Kaukauna, WIJuly 12, 2016
Great place to work. Clean and climate controlled. Very safety conscious. Excellent pay and benefits. Extremely friendly workforce.
Pros
Excellent facility and co-workers. Great pay and benifits.
Cons
Managment loses track of employee needs occationally.
nice place to work. very itchy
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHNovember 2, 2015
not nice place to work.
very itchy
it got way to political
very fast pace
you are just a number
promise you everything but not deliever
It was a fun place to work
Inventory Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Homer, NYOctober 20, 2015
It was a good company to work for I was let because of down sizing the work was very good.I was all was very busy loading and unloading trucks and running the floor moving FG goods.
Goal Driven Company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Kaukauna, WISeptember 30, 2015
A typical day is very productive and safety is always a first. Albany is a very health positive company and cares about its employees.
Terrible
Operator (Former Employee) –  Homer, NYJune 28, 2015
Management has no idea what they are doing. Work 12 and half hours every time you work with mandatory overtime and no holidays off. Its anywhere from 90 to 150 degrees out on the floor depending on the time of year and most days you will not get a break or lunch. Try telling management and they do not care.
Pros
Cons
the entire job
No real advancement
Production Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Homer, NYMarch 27, 2015
A place where you are constantly ridiculed. Some days the lines would run forever and you were bored, others you were so busy that you dont get a break.
Pros
Small
Cons
Heat, management
Interesting and diverse manufacturing company
Student Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Homer, NYMarch 1, 2015
My typical workday at Albany International is about four hours long. From the moment I arrive, I get settled with my colleagues in a conference room. I spend time talking with my supervisor, Scott, catching him up on what work I have been doing and what progress my team and I have made. I have learned a lot about working in an office space attached to a manufacturing floor. As needed, I can walk onto the manufacturing floor and take measurements or record data from the machines my team is working with. My supervisor and the rest of the staff interacting with us have been very helpful and cooperative with anything we need or ask of them. Whenever there is a question, Scott tries to teach us or show us approaches to figuring out the answer ourselves as opposed to him just telling us directly. In this way, all of us are continually learning new things on the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with a team of colleagues, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, to generate a set of solutions for the problems delegated to us. Working in a new environment that was unlike anything I was familiar with was a bit challenging at first, but I quickly learned how certain things worked at the company and adapted well.
Workplace
Weaver/Loom Operator (Former Employee) –  KaukaunwFebruary 8, 2015
The overall duties were enjoyable and part of a continuous learning environment. A lot of OT is offered, so it makes home life difficult. Management isn't around a whole lot, and doesn't do well at listening to their employees.
Pros
Great pay
Albany International Corporation
Human Resources Generalist/Trainer/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Saint Stephen, SCFebruary 2, 2015
Great Place to work overall. I am just looking to relocate.
Great group of people that made working there a joy.
Almost no turnover and it is planted right in the middle of some beautiful countryside.
ok place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Homer, NYDecember 9, 2014
Most co workers were good to work with, worked night shift 7 pm to 7 am typical night at work was coming in for shift meeting getting put to a line that is where u stay unless you line is complete you help someone else. hard part was it was the night shift.
Pros
meeting a few great people becoming good friends and free food sometimes
Cons
breaks were not up to par your suppose to get 30 min breaks not always the case, smokers got more breaks then non smokers
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, GAJune 26, 2014
Typical day at work was enjoyable because I learned something different everyday.
I learned how Garage doors were made.
Management staff were friendly and helpful.
Enjoyed all my co-workers as family
Hardest part was leaving this Company to move back to Florida.
Interfaced with hourly and salaried employees on payroll and benefits.
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kaukauna, WIApril 10, 2014
Each and every day I was alway learning something new. My day would have a wide range of administrative tasks with included coordinating meetings, phone interviews, and benefit/payroll questions.

I truly enjoy working with the employees to ensure they were alway taken care of and got their questions answered. If I didn't know the answer I would alway work with them until we found an answer together.

The hardest part of the job was trying to close the gap between the management way of thinking and the hourly employee way of thinking. Sometimes management would be thinking on a corporate level instead of a local level. My goal was alway to be there for the hourly employees and take care of them to the best of my ability.
Pros
Employee Recognition, Benefits
Very Professional
AR Collections Analyst Contract Assignment (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 21, 2014
Although the position was a contract position I really admired the management and staff. A great team oriented atmosphere comfortable great place to work
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Non
Worked for my dad (Master Gardner)
Buildings and Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Menands, NYFebruary 9, 2014
Cared for 100+ acres, Worldwide company headquarters. Learned all areas of grounders keeping and facilities. Worked during college and only left due to getting married and wasn't continuing schooling
Pros
Learning, people
Cons
none really at the time
Good company with great company Christmas parties and picnics
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJanuary 26, 2014
This is a big company but treated people like close family. I would come in on Monday and would aline and plan out my own work week (according to workload. Worked close with others including my supervisor to meet production needs.
Pros
Large company with tight nit workforce
Cons
very small break room
Great place to work. We felt like a family because we had been together so long.
Seamer (Former Employee) –  Portland, TNJuly 17, 2013
Working at Albany International was not like any other place I had worked before. The plant was clean and orderly with a controlled environment. The day started at 6:00 a.m. and I knew to check the board everyday to see where I would be working. It was a seat down job but I had to get up from time to time depending on what needed to be done. When I had to do a set up it usually took a good part of the day if not all day. Just depended on the fabric being set up. I learned how to use a measuring tape, math, and how to pay close attention to detail. The fabrics were for paper machines so the seaming process had to be near flawless. Any imperfections in the forming fabric could show up in the printing process and the customer and their product had to come first. The belts were used to make paper, diapers, surgical gowns, and many other items. The co-workers were a great bunch of people for the most part. As with any group of people no day was perfect. But, all in all, a great bunch of people I miss very much. The hardest part of the job was learning everything I needed to know to feel comfortable to do the job. The job usually took around a year to be fully trained. In that amount of time there were production numbers to be met in order to top out. The majority of people working there usually topped out before the year was up. The very hardest part was when the plant closed in 2010. The most enjoyable part of the job was the way the company wanted the employees to have a great working environment with great benefits and pay. Seemed like they really cared about the people. It was  more... not like going to a job at all. It was more like learning a craft.   less
Pros
Great pay, benefits, great working conditions
Cons
20 minutes for lunch
Great company to have the chance to worked and invested 17 years of my life. They have great benefits package and great working conditions.
pinseamer (Former Employee) –  Menands, NYMay 9, 2013
Good communication; safety meetings on a regular basis; great food at the cafeteria
Pros
they celebrate christmas every year and summer picnics
Cons
very sad to see everybody leave.
PMC not as secure as it once was
ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 6, 2013
The PMC portion of the buisness is still profitable but not what management is interested in anymore.
Global Presence, Diversity and Fun
Manager, Enterprise Applications (Former Employee) –  Menands, NYApril 2, 2013
It was an exciting challenge working with 34 different manufacturing plants in 14 different countries. The working environments, culture etc. made it exciting and challenging.
Pros
the complexity and diversity of the organization
Cons
the changes that were coming to the organization.