Albany International Employee Reviews

It was a fun place to work
Inventory Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Homer, NYOctober 20, 2015
It was a good company to work for I was let because of down sizing the work was very good.I was all was very busy loading and unloading trucks and running the floor moving FG goods.
nice place to work. very itchy
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHNovember 2, 2015
not nice place to work.
very itchy
it got way to political
very fast pace
you are just a number
promise you everything but not deliever
Terrible
Operator (Former Employee) –  Homer, NYJune 28, 2015
Management has no idea what they are doing. Work 12 and half hours every time you work with mandatory overtime and no holidays off. Its anywhere from 90 to 150 degrees out on the floor depending on the time of year and most days you will not get a break or lunch. Try telling management and they do not care.
Pros
Cons
the entire job
Goal Driven Company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Kaukauna, WISeptember 30, 2015
A typical day is very productive and safety is always a first. Albany is a very health positive company and cares about its employees.
ok place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Homer, NYDecember 9, 2014
Most co workers were good to work with, worked night shift 7 pm to 7 am typical night at work was coming in for shift meeting getting put to a line that is where u stay unless you line is complete you help someone else. hard part was it was the night shift.
Pros
meeting a few great people becoming good friends and free food sometimes
Cons
breaks were not up to par your suppose to get 30 min breaks not always the case, smokers got more breaks then non smokers
Keeping up with technolagy
Seamer, Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Perth onJanuary 3, 2012
I loved my job at Albany. There were always changes and the company kept up with all the latest equippement. and process developement. There was always training going on which made it exciting and ready to learn something new everyday. They were constantly on top of safety and that makes a better and safe work enviroment.
Pros
we were on honour system for breaks and lunches, we could work hours in if you were absent.
Cons
downsized and the ones over 25 years were let go.
Exceptional Work/Life Balance and Values
Corporate Administrator (Former Employee) –  Menands, NYApril 11, 2012
Very fast paced, varied work load. Always opportunities to learn from management. Extremely team oriented. All co-workers know the value in working not only with our direct team, but also how we interacted with other departments. The hardest part of this job was the lack of time to delve into the work. Constant priority changes were difficult at times. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with amazing, intelligent individuals.
Pros
on-site medical. recognition.
Cons
relocation of company.
Interfaced with hourly and salaried employees on payroll and benefits.
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kaukauna, WIApril 10, 2014
Each and every day I was alway learning something new. My day would have a wide range of administrative tasks with included coordinating meetings, phone interviews, and benefit/payroll questions.

I truly enjoy working with the employees to ensure they were alway taken care of and got their questions answered. If I didn't know the answer I would alway work with them until we found an answer together.

The hardest part of the job was trying to close the gap between the management way of thinking and the hourly employee way of thinking. Sometimes management would be thinking on a corporate level instead of a local level. My goal was alway to be there for the hourly employees and take care of them to the best of my ability.
Pros
employee recognition, benefits
The best company I have ever worked for, Respected my work and safety.
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Stone Mt. GAJune 25, 2012
Fabricated paper machine parts and finished wear strips to paper mills specs. I learned a great deal on customer needs. The hardest task I had was when we were working over time and a customer called after hours (about 9 pm, friday) and was as quoted by the caller, A very unhappy camper" with a product we had sent him. Found out the salesman had put wrong specs on the order. Since the office was closed and could not reach anyone to get aproval to remake the parts I had the choice to tell the customer he had to wait untill monday to get it worked out. or send the customer what he needed. I choosed to make the parts and send it , then deal with the manament. Since I turned a unhappy customer into a happy customer I did not get any flack on doing this!
Pros
great company
Cons
company sold division to an competior.
Albany International Corporation
Human Resources Generalist/Trainer/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Saint Stephen, SCFebruary 2, 2015
Great Place to work overall. I am just looking to relocate.
Great group of people that made working there a joy.
Almost no turnover and it is planted right in the middle of some beautiful countryside.
Workplace
Weaver/Loom Operator (Former Employee) –  KaukaunwFebruary 8, 2015
The overall duties were enjoyable and part of a continuous learning environment. A lot of OT is offered, so it makes home life difficult. Management isn't around a whole lot, and doesn't do well at listening to their employees.
Pros
great pay
Cons
management
Good company with great company Christmas parties and picnics
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJanuary 26, 2014
This is a big company but treated people like close family. I would come in on Monday and would aline and plan out my own work week (according to workload. Worked close with others including my supervisor to meet production needs.
Pros
large company with tight nit workforce
Cons
very small break room
Global Presence, Diversity and Fun
Manager, Enterprise Applications (Former Employee) –  Menands, NYApril 2, 2013
It was an exciting challenge working with 34 different manufacturing plants in 14 different countries. The working environments, culture etc. made it exciting and challenging.
Pros
the complexity and diversity of the organization
Cons
the changes that were coming to the organization.
No real advancement
Production Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Homer, NYMarch 27, 2015
A place where you are constantly ridiculed. Some days the lines would run forever and you were bored, others you were so busy that you dont get a break.
Pros
Small
Cons
Heat, management
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, GAJune 26, 2014
Typical day at work was enjoyable because I learned something different everyday.
I learned how Garage doors were made.
Management staff were friendly and helpful.
Enjoyed all my co-workers as family
Hardest part was leaving this Company to move back to Florida.
Great company to have the chance to worked and invested 17 years of my life. They have great benefits package and great working conditions.
pinseamer (Former Employee) –  Menands, NYMay 9, 2013
Good communication; safety meetings on a regular basis; great food at the cafeteria
Pros
they celebrate christmas every year and summer picnics
Cons
very sad to see everybody leave.
Worked for my dad (Master Gardner)
Buildings and Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Menands, NYFebruary 9, 2014
Cared for 100+ acres, Worldwide company headquarters. Learned all areas of grounders keeping and facilities. Worked during college and only left due to getting married and wasn't continuing schooling
Pros
learning, people
Cons
none really at the time
Very Professional
AR Collections Analyst Contract Assignment (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 21, 2014
Although the position was a contract position I really admired the management and staff. A great team oriented atmosphere comfortable great place to work
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
non
Well managed manufacturing facility
Planner (Former Employee) –  Weaverville, NCMarch 17, 2012
Local facility closed or I would still be working for this company. Fair pay, good communication from the front office to all levels of production.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
declining demand
Albany International was a great company to work.
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCMarch 26, 2012
Large manufacturing company. I worked for this company for 14 years until the location closed. Job was very hands on with limited supervision.

4.2