Albany Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

The Organization As A Whole is Amazing... But...
Case Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 29, 2016
The organization as a whole was an amazing place to work. All of the people were friendly and really cared for the patients. The health insurance has a $250 deductible FOR THEIR OWN PLAN. So, everything up to $250 is out of pocket, then the copays kick in. It was actually kind of ridiculous since it's a major healthcare provider.

Then...

There was the department I worked in, Case Management. There wasn't a lot of training. I received a "crash course" and was "thrown to the wolves." The person that trained me was the person they were replacing because, they too, weren't doing the job well. So, I was somehow expected to immediately know that. Not to mention, EVERYTHING is on paper there and it ALL has to go through the hierarchy before anything gets done. I'm surprised the departments actually function.

After multiple write-ups for "not knowing the job" (even though you are only as good as the person that trains you), I decided enough was enough. I transferred to work on the floors with the Case Managers and Social Workers and help with discharges. BEST THING EVER!

I ended up leaving because of a family emergency... but everyday, I am told someone else has left.

Don't you think it's a problem with management when the employees come and go frequently?
Pros
Great Organization, Great Pay, Amazing People
Cons
Management, Health Insurance is not the best, No organization AT ALL
Co-workers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 4, 2016
At albany med everyone is willing to help and it being a teaching hospital there are many educational opportunities available.
Entry Job
ASA VII/ Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 18, 2016
Good starting position for somebody who has an interest in medical billing. Not much room for advancement, need to look in other departments for new positions.
Patient Support Associate
Patient Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 12, 2016
taking care of patient needs whether its turning on the television for them, bringing them food, sanitizing area, changing bed sheets,etc
Poor Communication
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 6, 2016
I learned a great deal- however, it was always a surprise- communication was and is one of the biggest barriers to being able to do a goof job.
Fair
RN (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 4, 2016
I love my job no matter what and where my employer is. Autocratic style of management most of the time it sucks. I need to budget my salary always and I learned it from working here. Training and experience is awesome
patient care (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 22, 2016
i was lucky to be part of Albany medical team with great people who have great heart and helpful each.i learned more what i never think and imagine myself
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 7, 2016
Great place to work, respect for nurses, best place for an RN to be. Many units have self scheduling, the experience and knowledge you receive there as a nurse can not be obtained anywhere else.
Very Professional staff , great working environment
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 7, 2016
I've worked for AMC for 20 years , it has provided me with amazing experiences and education- this has enabled me to be the professional that I am.
Excellent company
Administrative Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 11, 2015
An excellent company to work for,very flexible with the hours, very understanding to the employees needs and working conditions
great company
Dispatcher/ Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2015
Great company to work for. The environment is very professional. They treat the staff with so much respect. Very reliable management and i have no complaints.
Great place
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 10, 2015
Management are great , great place to work love everyone so many opportunities ,Great people to work with and friendly, you can do so much , and move up in your career
Busy and Consistant Enviroment
Materials Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 10, 2015
I wish that there was more teamwork on the unit, I am always busy and sometimes feel that I dont always have that support on the unit. The hardest part is balancing the high and low tasks, because they are all important.
The most enjoyable is always seeing patients go home, and knowing that I work hard to make that happen.
Albany Medical Center is a very busy place. When I say busy your moving constantly and answering call lights. Its all about time mgt.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  43 New Scotland Ave.December 6, 2015
Albany Medical Center helped me mature a lot. Its a college and a teaching hospital. You work elbow to elbow with doctors and nurses. You learn policy and regulation with both patient and procedures. You are your own manager and you have to manage your time in a timely manner.
Pros
Albany Medical Center is a teaching hospital.
Cons
Your constantly busy you miss breaks
an enjoyable place to work
Administrative Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 1, 2015
Working at Albany Medical Center is a challenge indeed, but a challenge well worth it. If you apply yourself, you will definitely be rewarded with great opportunities in this company.
Nursing staff (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 19, 2015
This is a great place to work with opportunities to grow as a nurse in many direction. My coworkers are friendly and supportive. I would love to stay but live 1 hr away and after a year it is getting to me. I really am enjoying working there.
co-workers are pushy and make you hurry
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 2, 2015
my co-workers were in thier own little click, didnt care if you new your job or not just wanted you to rush so you would make mistakes
Pros
working with the doctors
Cons
co-workers were jerks
Albany Medical Center MICU
PATIENT CARE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 29, 2015
Albany Medical Center is a very educational place to work. There is always a way to advance in your career. Working in the Medical Insensitive Care unit was a great experience for me and the co-workers were all so supportive and Great to work with. It was more like family on the MICU and the teamwork was unbelievable.
Terrific Place to work
Clinical Support Nurse (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 18, 2015
Its a good Place to work. Workflow is steady.
Committed to continuing education.
High Risk Facility
Much Critical care keeps job challenging.
Staff mostly supportive to each other.
Pros
Potential for advancement, team stepps incouraged.
Cons
Retirement for long committed staff terrible, No healthcare options for dedicated staff upon retirement.
Caring for the children
Day Care Teacher and Billing (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 16, 2015
Caring for the children in a "school setting". Learned how to keep so many children engaged at all times. Sometimes the management didn't always here what you were saying. My co-workers were a blast to work with. The hardest part of the job was finding new things to keep the children interest. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the children again after they had left the daycare.
Pros
Being able to count on my co-workers
Cons
Shortbreaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Albany Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Albany Medical Center Reviews by Location