Albany Medical Center

Albany Medical Center Employer Reviews

Good place to work, with lots of opportunities for students
Material Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 18, 2014
I have learned a lot of through internship.
I met many nice and courageous workers
The diversity program should be more communicated to employees
The executive staff is excellent. They always show you that you are a valuable employee whatever job you are doing in the hospital.
ASA I
Administrative Support Associate (Former Employee), Albany, NYAugust 5, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: the work was repetitive
I worked in there non patient lab. I had no complaints about the job. liked what I did a lot.
Very educational
Practice Coordinator (Former Employee), Albany, NYAugust 4, 2014
I worked my way up from entry level position to management. I was challenged and learned something new everyday.
Great learning environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), ICUJuly 26, 2014
Pros: state of the art unit
Cons: low pay
Typical day is fast-paced. Scope of knowledge widely broadened through ICU and Neuro ICU experiences. Management is friendly, accommodating as much as able. Co-workers make working in the ICU possible. Hardest part of job is intensity of workload and patient condition. Most enjoyable part of job is providing quality care and putting patients and families – more... at ease. – less
Great people and decent work environment, im sure every department is different
Administrative Support Associate VI (Current Employee), Albany, NYJuly 17, 2014
I enjoy the interaction with patients and constant busy flow of patients checking in and out.
I don't love management, they are not very informative.
productive
Surgical Tech, (Current Employee), albany, new yorkJune 14, 2014
learned alot, good co-workers. hardest part is losing a patient
Very much a learning experience
Medical Surgical Oncology RN (Former Employee), Albany NYJune 4, 2014
As a brand new nurse it was a real challenge but I was blessed to have some very learned nurses who shared so much with me.
Albany Medical Center is an ever evolving, highly movitated facility which much culture and diversity.
Interventional Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Albany, NYMay 21, 2014
I enjoy teh diversity of my job being able to work with different medical specialists as well as the different procedures that I am able to do. We have an amazing amout of skill and knowledge at Albany Medical Center and I am proud to be a part of it.
Fast paced but enjoyable workplace
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee), Albany, NYMay 16, 2014
Best hospital in region to obtain knowledge of every age level and levels of trauma.
great
Communications Team (Former Employee), Albany, NYMarch 31, 2014
Pros: environment
Cons: wages
wonderful place to work, was able to learn everyday, the management and coworkers were great.
Academic center - great place to learn and grow
AFFILIATE STAFF - DEPT. OF EMERGENCY MEDICINE (Current Employee), Albany, NYMarch 14, 2014
Pros: great learning, excellent autonomy
Cons: below average benefits, below average salary
refer to summary,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Excellent place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Albany, NYMarch 13, 2014
Pros: personal time off, atmosphere condusive to learning, great management.
Cons: none so far
AMC is a wonderful place to work and gain experience. A typical day at the med is extremely busy. We have a beautiful new department we moved into this past year. I feel we have some of the best tech's in the industry.
Great teaching experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Albany, NYMarch 10, 2014
Pros: the yearly appreciation from higher staff
Cons: not enough communication
Working at Albany Medical Center has taught me a lot over the years. It was very hard for me to walk away from a great place. Over the years major changes have been made. New staff, new managers and a new facility. During time things are suppose to get better with age, unfortunately not in this department. To many Indians and not enough chiefs.........
Fast paced teaching hospital
Echocardiographer (Former Employee), Albany, NYFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: great learning and advancement opportunities
Cons: husband military career required us to leave.
This was a amazing place to work. Working closely with the Doctors and other technicians I was able to see many different aspects of my job that I may not have seen in a career worth of time at smaller hospitals in remote locations.
Loved Working there
Patient Care Technician, SICU (Former Employee), albany nyFebruary 23, 2014
Was only employed for a short time because of a move but have no complaints about job, environment or patient care.
Great company
Administrative Support Associate - Manager Support (Former Employee), Albany, NYFebruary 18, 2014
I have worked here for almost 2 years and love it. Albany Med is a very good hospital and they focus on patients over everything else which makes working here easy.
outstanding management team, highly skilled nurses, outstanding human resources department,
PCA (Former Employee), Albany, NYFebruary 7, 2014
Parking is close to the hospital and monitored by security. The nurse managers for my unit, PACU were in the department every morning to greet the incoming shift of all staff members. The department is team based and operates proficiently so. The charge nurses for PACU are the most knowledgable and educated I have had the pleasure to work with. These – more... nurses are prepared for ANYTHING! The hardest part of my job was seeing the sadness of loss of life. The most enjoyable part of my day was to make my patients comfortable and smile. – less
It's a Job
Medical Social Worker /Discharge Planner (Former Employee), Albany, NYFebruary 7, 2014
Company lacked management skills. Company had horrible benefits.
Fabulous learning experience as first RN job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Albany, NYFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: education and clinical support
Cons: salary
Typical day: 5-6 Vascular patients who need comfort, assessment, prepartion, teaching and close monitoring. As a Vascular RN you do everything from the bed pan on up. It is everything a nurse is.
Learned to think critically and treat individuals in a wholistic manner. Very difficult and complicated floor to work on. The physical demands can be exausting, – more... but discharging a patient home is the most rewarding experience. This has been a fantasitc expereince and I will always be thankful to my boss for hiring me. – less
Great Experience
Case Cart Coordinator (Former Employee), Albany, NYJanuary 29, 2014
Learned a great deal about medical supply, serviced the OR and received over 200 phone calls a day.

1 2 3 4