Albany Medical Center

Albany Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

its a productive and fun workplace
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Albany, NYApril 9, 2015
taking care of patients and ensuring there
i learned how to do vitals, bed making, helping patients with there daily activities and being a active listener.
the management is very respectful and very friendly.
my co- workers are great team players. They help each other out whenever in need of help.
N/A
the most enjoyable part of this job is communicating with the patients and helping them in need.
A great job in a Level 1 tertiary trauma ER environment with Med Flight
Administrative Support Associate/Shift Leader (Former Employee), Albany, NYMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Seeing life as it really is in a trauma environment
Cons: Moments of stress possible
The typical work day was weeknights (11 PM to 7 AM) with an occasional additional shift on either side of my normal shift. One of the greatest lessons learned is how to take care of people and address their medical needs.

The management for the ER, and medical ER staff were stellar. As a a Shift Leader and was accountable to the Administrative Supervisor. We worked real well as a team, and I had a high level of trust in managing my regular shift.

The hardest part of the job other than leaving was the stress on certain nights, depending on the levels of emergency cases that we took regularly. Some nights were more stressful than others.

The most enjoyable part of the was the people working together as a cohesive group to do what was needed to take care of patients coming into the ER and assuring that the ER medical staff had the paperwork they needed to treat the patient.
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse MICU/Neuro ICU (Former Employee), Albany, NYMarch 24, 2015
This place is filled with compassionate people who's goal is to improve the lives of everyone including patients, staff, coworkers. You are none when you work here. Team work is the number one thing at AMCH.
Opportunity for advancement
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Albany, NYMarch 22, 2015
Great place to work . You are surrounded by compassionate people who are not just co workers but become life long friends. The hardest part of the job is seeing people suffer with illness but knowing that I can make a difference in some of the lives brings me great joy.
Job security
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Albany, NYMarch 11, 2015
Great place to work for job security and great benefits. The less you do the farther you get. The harder you work the more that is expected and less that is given
working in clinics
Float Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Albany, NYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: my manager is amazing
Cons: working with rude people
The pay is okay for working in clinics. It's hard to utilize all your nursing skills but that's expected with working in a clinic. The worst part is floating to different clinics and working with rude unprofessional people all day, it's almost like being a kid again in a classroom full of people you don't know.
Advanced medical care with excellence in nursing
registered nurse (Current Employee), NICUFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: the excellent nurses i work with
Cons: healthcare benefits
My day starts with suite report. Each suite has 12 babies in it and every nurse must know the status of each. Next it report from the night nurse. I then review my orders, update my white board and plan my shift. I assess my babies and alert the medical staff when needed. I assist my co-workers as needed and relieve them for breaks. The hardest part of my job doesn't happen that often. It would be when I've had the medical staff at the bedside for most of my 12 hour shift and the baby is not responding to our interventions. It's hard to see the look on parents face when their baby is not doing well. The most enjoyable part of my job is the opposite. When I've worked hard and now have a baby that's going home with it's parents and everyone is happy.
Fast paced and productive environment.
Phlebotomist 1 (Current Employee), Albany, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: days are fast, work is consistent, you work with relateable people
Cons: short breaks, no breaks, too many bosses
A typical day at work consisted of constant work loads... Working at AMC you have to be prepared to come into work and be the ultimate team player and also be ready to work alone when necessary. Co-workers play an essential part in getting the job done in this department. The hardest part of this job is balancing your work life and personal life. Though with any job you should have your personal life in order to be able to commit to your job performance... Company policies are not set up with the intent of accommodating someone who is not willing to... in short give their life over to the department no matter the circumstance. The greatest part of this job is the many different personalities you get the pleasure of working with each day from the staff to the patients that we serve.
Best place to work
Equipment Utility Technician (Current Employee), Albany, NYJanuary 13, 2015
If you're looking for a rewarding company Albanymed is your spot.
A True Blessing
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), Napanoch, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: it was interesting providing services to those with hiv
Cons: none what so ever
It was a Blessing work at Albany Med as a Translator using Telecommunication
Teaching hospital that doesn't tolerate change
Staff RN, full time (Current Employee), Albany, NYJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great nurses
Cons: low pay
AMC is a level one trauma center which means high patient volume. The RN staff is severely underpaid. Its a teaching hospital and physicians are the focus and nursing is not recognized or utilized to their full potential. There are some tremendous RNs who give their all for the patients and I am proud to work among some of them. Management is hit or miss; depends on who they are and what they stand for.
Great hospital if you are a patient
ASA VI (Former Employee), General PediatricsDecember 29, 2014
The problem with a healthcare facility is that they glean management from healthcare professionals that often lack the skills needed to manage people. I was continually astounded at the lack of basic management skills of people in high level management positions. That coupled with very low pay, made for a very unpleasant work environment. If I ever need great medical care, take me to Albany Med but I wouldn't want to work there again....
Productive, patient directed environment
Registered nurse (Former Employee), Albany, NYDecember 28, 2014
A work day in this environment is always exciting and fast paced. The staff and patients are always learning. Everyone is always willing to help a person with anything. Very great place to invest your future in.
we have a New Gym so ppl can go on their breaks and get a quick workout
Lead Coordinator (Current Employee), Albany, NYDecember 2, 2014
Pros: we have office parties for certain hollidays
Cons: only 1/2 hr for lunch
management is very Lienent when it comes to taking time off, co workers can be fun, hardest part of my job is working sundays a typical day is comming in pulling my charts getting that out of the way first helping other co wrkers with their work if they had been out on VK or out sick
Very joyful working With Psych. Patient
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Albany, NYNovember 24, 2014
.Fed patients, attempting to persuade them to eat.
• Noted and recorded reasons for rejection of food.
• Observed patients to detect unusual behavior, aided and restrained them to prevent injury to themselves and others.
• Interviewed patients upon admission and recorded data obtained.
This job was ups and down but difficult to work with current management, They do not like to work with employee and do not care for them.
GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Emergency Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Albany, NYNovember 23, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: fast pace environment, on your feet a lot, not easy to request days off
MY DAY WOULD START AT 0700. I WOULD BE ASSIGNED TO ONE OF THE FOUR ZONES IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM FROM THERE I WOULD BEGIN PATIENT CARE, THEN STOCK MY AREA FOR ABOUT 1-2 HOURS, MAKE SURE NECESSARY EQUIPMENT WAS IN IT'S PROPER LOCATION, TRANSPORT PATIENTS FROM THE EMERGENCY ROOM TO DIFFERENT TESTING AREAS AND JUST BEING ON ALERT FOR INCOMING TRAUMAS. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS LEARNING HOW TO COPE IN DIFFERENT SITUATIONS AND THE BEST PART OF THE JOB WAS THE PATIENTS.
very busy office
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Albany, NYNovember 4, 2014
I open the lab in the morning, draw bllod, order samples, clean and restock
Fun and Great Patient Environment
Volunteer (Former Employee), Albany, NYOctober 28, 2014
Albany Med improved my skills in developing Customer Relations. Worked as a Patient Relation (Information Desk Clerk). My Co-Workers and I informed family, and friends of patients of their location and guided them throughout the Hospital.
nice work place
Supervisor (Former Employee), PCGOctober 14, 2014
Nice work place. Co-works and supervisor were very friendly.
I reccomend Albany Medical Center
Medical Imaging Tech. III (Current Employee), Albany, NYAugust 22, 2014
Albany Medical Center is a wonderful learning facility. I learned so much over the past 3 years of living in Albany and working here. Everyday is a new challenge depending on workflow. I have learned so much over the past three years due to this facility by being a level 1 trauma facility. Staffing is wonderful and helpful always. I have the most amazing co-workers on my evening shift we all get along and work with each other very well. The hardest part of the job is getting all the work done in a timely fashion when the workload is heavy due to traumas coming in at all hours. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my patients and most of all my co-workers are amazing people.

1 2 3 4 5