Albany Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very friendly environment
Assistant Professor of Medicine (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 1, 2017
Everyone at AMC is friendly and easy to get along with. People are willing to help anywhere you need it. The facilities are clean. As a physician parking is provided.
Not a place to work as a nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 23, 2017
The current administration will do anything to save money. Including risking the safety of patients as well as nurses. The benefits and pay are mediocre at best, but they seem to at least treat the physicians well.
Hard To Get In
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 16, 2017
Need to know someone or be extremely outstanding to get in. depending who you work for some people are patient at training, some people shouldn't train at all. Everyone sticks to their own.
Pros
discounts
Cons
n/a
Excellent Concept, Poor Management
ASA VII (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 15, 2017
Albany Medical Center has a wonderful concept and serves a huge population in upstate NY. The management team is very cut throat and hard to work for. There is little chance to move up the ladder if you are not best friends with management team. Although the employee may have the experience and education to advance, its not going to happen unless you are in the "club". If you are on the managers radar, you might as well move on because your life at AMC is going to be horrible.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, wonderful employees
Cons
Poor Management
Good place to start
Administrative Assistant/ Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 10, 2017
Working here is a good experience for me as I get to learn new things and I am never bored. It is a fast paced work environment with a lot of opportunities for growth
Pros
Secured job, paid time off, health insurance
Excellent place for pediatric experience
RN (Current Employee) –  PICUMay 10, 2017
I love my job working in the pediatric ICU. It is an intense orientation, but the culture consistently encourages nurses to grow and learn to the best of their ability.
Social Worker/Case Manager
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 8, 2017
Management at AMC is the worst I have ever experienced. There is no job training, no support, no room for growth/advancement and no opportunity to express ideas or creativity. AMC is run like a bureaucratic dictatorship! I strongly discourage anyone to apply for this company.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Everything else
Education
RN-II (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 8, 2017
Albany Medical Center provides education for their staff. Many opportunities to advance career with education that is offerred. Very supportive of learning.
Love my job.
Tech (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 2, 2017
Great hospital to work for. They care for you and make sure you are happy. I am very happy with this company as they actually look to make your life better in every aspect.
Solid
Administrative Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 23, 2017
It's been a solid learning experience when it comes to real world office politics and adapting to the actual workplace for the past three years. It's provided me with a wealth of general working experience.
If you are looking for a place to work if you want to learn then this is the employer for you.
IS Project Manager Level III (Current Employee) –  Information ServicesApril 19, 2017
This is a great place to work if you are self motivated and enjoy learning. The constant change offers opportunities to grow And stay current with the evolving technology.
Pros
Good salaries
Cons
Be ready to invest your life and all your extra time
friendly place to work
Imaging Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 19, 2017
typical day at work consist of getting patients from the waiting room getting them screened and ready for their test Albany med is a friendly environment
Pros
clean
Cons
less pay compared to other hospitals
An enjoyable job made complicated by mediocre management
Phlebotomist II (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 14, 2017
Throughout my experience at Albany Medical Center, I have seen multiple different supervisors and assistant supervisors come and go. Throughout these times of transition, the department has undergone a lot of unnecessary stress that causes the team to work at minimum efficiency. Through these experiences, I have evaluated the aspects of a team that are most important, and what my skills bring to the table for formulating a team that works well together.
Pros
Teamwork, sense community
Cons
Mediocre management, poor communication
Productive environment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 1, 2017
positive energy. great people to work with. cross trained among two departments. diversity among departments work with different ethncities throughout the hospital.
micro management
CSR/OP Blue Cross/Blue Shield Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Menands, NYMarch 9, 2017
The Patient Billing department is extremely overly micromanaged. There is no longer any compassion in management for the people they oversee. The workloads have become unmanageable.
Not a long term place to work
ASA VI - Registrar/Learning Partner (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 31, 2017
The pay is very poor and not at all competitive, you are continuously given additional responsibilities with no compensation or incentive. Very busy with little help from co workers or management when necessary.

Most enjoyable part is getting to know the patients and helping them however necessary.
It's a job
Information Services - Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 22, 2017
Remember this is a large institution with many systems; clinical and non-clinical. There is plenty to keep you busy and learn. Worth noting is, in my opinion, there is a lot of higher level management. The institution may be getting to large to be effective in all aspects.
Growing business
Practice Administrator (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 12, 2017
Good place to work. Good leadership. Growing organization. The employees are engaged and given opportunities for growth and professional gains. Good work life balance
Albany med is community focused. And we have our own gym!
Assistant Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 9, 2017
We work hard, but we have a family, team atmosphere.
My co-workers and patients are the best part of the day.
Since we are a level 1 trauma center our days can be very busy and hard with patient flow when we are at capacity. They most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the Chang in my patients when they walk out the doors to go home with there family.
hospital staffing/Staff/Charge nurse
Clinical Research Nurse (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 18, 2016
Rewarding job, LOVED my work but the pay was not as high as we as nurses deserve, I felt I did something rewarding every day. The only downside is the hours or time put in, and the lack of staffing.
Pros
job satisfaction
Cons
hours are not easy when trying to raise kids and go to school