Albany Molecular Research, Inc. Employee Reviews

Busy, fun, good experience
Manufacturing Supervisor 2nd Shift (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAMay 17, 2017
You will have the opportunity to learn different projects and equipment.
Many hours, busy schedule some time working on saturdays and sundays, many overtime hours.
Detailed orientated company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAMay 12, 2017
Being in Burlington you will have to deal with some of the toughest traffic in the state. Changeover is high and responsibilities can shift during times of change.
Pros
Compensation package
Cons
Report to to many managers
Get in and Get out
Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 11, 2017
Science staff are very knowledgeable and can be great to learn from. Management is very disconnected from how poor moral is and is unwilling to reinvest into the company. Good place to learn the basics and then move on but not somewhere to make a career.
you are an empolyee. you work until I tell you to go home
Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAApril 11, 2017
was a touch place to work for when most of the hard labor was done on my shift only. everyday first shift go home on time. while we were stuck at work until the next morning.
Cons
management is a mess
Help!!
Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAMarch 9, 2017
Ship is sinking at an alarming rate with no life jackets...employees are overworked, stressed out, frustrated, and leaving first opportunity they get. Turn over rate has increased tremendously with no signs of hiring. Management and corporate are not transparent with future plans...all about the $$$.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
tough
Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAFebruary 21, 2017
Working second shift there meant you were going to be in for a late night and lose time on the weekends. Second shift couldn't leave until the job was done and it was a lot of nights that ended that way.
Pros
willing to hire young workers
Cons
management was unorganized
It is a great company to work for.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAFebruary 21, 2017
It is a great company to work for. The people here are great to work for. I have been working here for almost six years. The company is also very flexible.
Terrible leadership
Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAFebruary 12, 2017
No leadership, upper level management have no respect for employees, you're expected to do work outside of your job/pay level.
Working at Siemens was great
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  La Mirada, CAFebruary 7, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Siemens energy, The administrator were helpful and pleasant. They give plenty of overtime when its available and the pay was excellent.
Pros
wonderful administators, lot of overtime and great pay.
Cons
In order to get hired now you have to go through an agency.
Lots of Work, no job security
QC Microbiologist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAFebruary 6, 2017
The amount of work required is due to the lack of management managing and seeing that there is a need for help. Lack of OTJ training.
not a good place to work
Director (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 12, 2017
they demand a great deal and don't value their employees. Company is expanding by purchasing other companies at the expense of the current employees
Terrible place to work
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 12, 2016
Every poor review is accurate. Dictator leadership style. No work family balance.
I was a former Director of a company they acquired and saw my tenured peers walk and leave bonus and significant vacation on the table just to get away.
Walmart has better ethics.
I love working at AMRI.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 11, 2016
AMRI provided me with my first job out of college and I couldn't be happier with the decision. Five years later and I am still happy in my position and with the company. Your co-workers start to feel like family..they are so friendly, welcoming and easy to get along with.

The company is fast paced which provides an environment where you feel like you are being challenged and learning continuously. For someone who is career motivated, this is the place for you.

We are on a growth track and it is exciting to see where the company will be in the next couple of years. To be a part of that growth and the ability to make an impact is rewarding. We are on the verge of some great things.
Pros
Co-workers, career development, well known, growing company
AMRI has a great company culture, a professional work environment, as well as opportunities to grow and advance in your career.
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 8, 2016
AMRI has been a place where I absolutely enjoy coming to work because of the people I work with, and I feel that the work we do is extremely interesting and important. The employees at AMRI are highly professional, sharp people with a desire to grow our company and to continuously make it better. We come to work with passion and drive with positive goals in mind, and we work together to achieve these common goals. I can honestly say that we genuinely like working with each other. Also, AMRI is in a period of unprecedented growth, and our company has already undergone a great deal of positive change since I started a year ago. There are so many great career opportunities to be had at this company. I can certainly say that I am very appreciative to be part of this team at AMRI and I take great pride in working here.
Pros
Working culture, work/life balance, company is expanding rapidly, career opportunities
A fine place to work as long as you have no respect for yourself, your family or your profession.
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 4, 2016
High expectations for production, low return on effort. Minimum 50 hrs/week and even that is considered slacking off.
Work here if you must but start looking for your next job on day one.
Pros
Interesting Chemistry
Cons
You cannot win, risk taking in encourage only if it works. If not you are gone.
bad place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  albuquerqueApril 10, 2016
Bad management and supervisors.they don't follow procedures. Too many employees getting away with too much. Not all employees are treated equally. Very poor work culture. Moral really sucks there. A lot of current employees have very poor work ethics.i think am ri needs to go in and clean house and see what's really going on
Pros
hours
Cons
health insurance is expensive, some of the employees need to go
Bad place to work
procurement (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 26, 2016
Very busy days. A lot to learn. management cares only about them self. Co-workers in general are polite but you watch your back: stabbing in the back is work culture. there is no team work, many employees working just for paycheck: it pays bill.
Pros
average pay, a lot to learn
Cons
bad management, poor work culture
OK job
Research Scientist I (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 25, 2016
It's a good job for entry level chemists. The pay is lower than expected. It's a good opportunity to learn a wide range of chemistry. I would recommend the job to friends.
Temp Agency
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Napoleon, OHSeptember 9, 2015
Not a professional company. I would recommend other agencies. They are not organized. Employees cannot receive their checks electronically.
Fun and collaborative workplace
Research Scientist, In Vitro Biology Group (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAApril 14, 2015
My favorite part about working at AMRI was my co-workers and the management. It was a great learning experience. Colleagues were willing to help and extend their expertise.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Albany Molecular Research, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7