Albany State University Employee Reviews

a growing institution
Adjunct Associate Professor in Criminal Justice (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 10, 2017
ASU has just completed a merger with another post secondary education institution and is experiencing growing pains. The potential for excellence is present.
Pros
good people
Cons
merger
Cool place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 21, 2017
A typical day at work is kind of stressful being a security officer/dispatcher but I have learned to have patience and remain calm. Management could be better. Everybody except management comes to work ready to do their job.
Pros
vacation/sick leave
Cons
Management is terrible
Work Study Student
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 19, 2017
As a work study student it was nice to have this work experience on my resume. They were very reasonable with the work schedule. They made it easier to balance the job and my school work. The duties were not tedious. This was one of the best jobs I ever had.
Pros
Make my own schedule
work study
Admission Support Specialist/Work Study (Former Employee) –  Albany, GA 31705March 9, 2017
I attended Albany State as a student and worked under the work study program. The job was fun and I enjoyed working with the housing staff. If I could I would love to work there full time
Productive place to work
Criminal Justice Student Internship (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 5, 2017
Once you get your feet wet the work is very easy but repetitive. the hours are fair for intern students but you must be prompt and like what you do in order to get yourself through the day.
Asu my asu
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 17, 2017
Perfect school, dynamic employees. I've only had a few problems here. but otherwise i had a positive experience. The employees took me under their wing and help me understand the ends and out of the retention office and what they actually do.
Morale is low
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 20, 2016
Company morale is very low since the announcement of the merger. I wish for the campus to thrive as it once did. If an employee's concern is for the best interest of the students, you should fare well.
great
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 20, 2016
Great, teachable, and enjoyable. Learning experience, respectable co-workers, and all are team players. Devotion came into play at many times and being dependable as well.
Great Work Balance
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 1, 2016
Hours of operation was great
Benefits were good
co-workers were goo
The hardest thing was the pay for all the work that you did
Wonderful group of people to work with.
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 23, 2016
Albany State University is undergoing major personnel turnover at all levels of the university. Currently in the process of consolidating with another institute.
Desk worker
Desk Worker (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 13, 2016
I enjoyed my time as ASU. I enjoyed interacting with the students and staff and would love to do it again. I understand what the star has to go through now and fully appreciate it.
Disorganized, stressful and difficult to succeed
Administratorr (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 4, 2016
Great pay and benefits. However, very big bureaucracy. All units are separate and the culture is stressful and there is little unity. Overall I would rate the experience as a 3/4.
Pros
Great benefits aand Pay
Cons
Very bad culturel poor leadership and poor organiztion
Very productive and fun place to work
Electrician helper (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 4, 2016
Albany State University is a very pleasant place to work. Performing different duties throughout the day to meet customer needs. I learned how to build strong customer relationships. The hardest part about my jobs was seeing the students leave to pursue other interest.
Loyal to my job; however due to a RIF my employment will end September 15th, 2016.
Director of Business Services (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 19, 2016
A typical day at work, until last year, was fun-filled, busy and productive. Due to the consolidation of the two Universities, it has been slightly challenging due to unscheduled meetings, traveling between the two campuses and having to monitor/manage rumors of job loss. However, the work has to continue and our customers must never suffer due to internal issues. The skills that I am most appreciative off during this time of uncertainty is creating a solid foundation for the departments I managed. Under my leadership daily work procedures have be written, the staff has received certifications and continuous training, and most off all a strong work ethic has been instilled among the team. My current employer has taught me that no matter how good you are at your job or how long you have been an efficient member of the team, a job is not guaranteed tomorrow.
Pros
Access to a free education.
Cons
Limited advancement
Inadequate administration at a marginal-quality academic institution
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 16, 2016
I teach my class load of four per semester. The curriculum for Mass Communication needs an upgrade to get subject matter and teaching methods into the 21st century but the bureaucracy prevents meaningful changes. Hardest part of the job is trying to navigate through the administrative maze. The most enjoyable part is working with the students.
Pros
flexible schdule
Cons
salary, staff competency, culture biases
Fun work place with youth workers working together to help other peers
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 11, 2016
Working at Albany State University was a great experience, and it gave me a chance to work closely with other students as well as teachers. This job was more peer to peer interacting, so relationships were very relating. Through this job I learned to work well with others without being supervised over. This has made me more responsible and value time more.
A building process
System Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 20, 2016
A typical day at work would have to be one of discovery. Each day brought about a new discovery. I learned how enhance my ability to communicate with my peers and supervisors. I learned how to manage and organize time while attending college at the same time. The hardest part of the job was learning new concepts. The most enjoyable part of the job was when those concepts had been learned.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Working equipment
relaxing and calm enviromment
Resident Desk Worker (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 2, 2016
low maintenance occupation that allows for study time as well as networking possibilities due to high traffic in the area.
Great work environment
Teacher's Aide/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 31, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Albany State, my supervisors truly cared about their employees which helped to make working there a pleasure. At times I truly felt that I was a part of a family while working there. If not for my need to move out of the city I would still be there now. Would always recommend it as a potential place of employment to friends, and family members.
productive and orgainized
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 29, 2016
I would start the day by going through paper work and filing. When the afternoon come around, I would have a lunch break, after that help make up a billboard for a while then go back to the office and take phone calls, hold messages, and make schedules for the next semester while my supervisor is out for lunch. When they come back report all who calls and show what I have completed. Later before the day would ended I would organize paper work.
Pros
my boss would take me to lunch every once in a while
Cons
if we finished paper work is finished it gets boring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Albany State University. Our community is ready to answer.

Albany State University Reviews by Location