Albany State University Employee Reviews in United States

A building process
System Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 20, 2016
A typical day at work would have to be one of discovery. Each day brought about a new discovery. I learned how enhance my ability to communicate with my peers and supervisors. I learned how to manage and organize time while attending college at the same time. The hardest part of the job was learning new concepts. The most enjoyable part of the job was when those concepts had been learned.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Working equipment
relaxing and calm enviromment
Resident Desk Worker (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 2, 2016
low maintenance occupation that allows for study time as well as networking possibilities due to high traffic in the area.
Great work environment
Teacher's Aide/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 31, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Albany State, my supervisors truly cared about their employees which helped to make working there a pleasure. At times I truly felt that I was a part of a family while working there. If not for my need to move out of the city I would still be there now. Would always recommend it as a potential place of employment to friends, and family members.
productive and orgainized
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 29, 2016
I would start the day by going through paper work and filing. When the afternoon come around, I would have a lunch break, after that help make up a billboard for a while then go back to the office and take phone calls, hold messages, and make schedules for the next semester while my supervisor is out for lunch. When they come back report all who calls and show what I have completed. Later before the day would ended I would organize paper work.
Pros
my boss would take me to lunch every once in a while
Cons
if we finished paper work is finished it gets boring
Enjoyed testing
Clerical Staff (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAFebruary 9, 2016
I enjoyed learning testing skills to be able to administer and launch computer based exams such as the GACE, etc.
I enjoyed learning new skill sets such as working with the BANNER system as well.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Temporary positions & takes a long time to get hired permanently
I miss this job!!!!
Residence Hall Manage-Assistant IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 6, 2016
I had this job in college and I loved it. The staff was great and the management staff was not afraid to teach you. The beginning of the semesters are the worst only because of the large amount of students that needed help at the same time.
Interesting
Intern (Former Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 15, 2015
They took the time to express the importance of good service. It was organized and friendly, as my coworkers became friends. the supervisors at times could be overbearing but it is for the betterment of the company.
Albany State
Office Manager Secretary (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 19, 2015
I loved working here.The hours were flexible and management was nice. The hardest part about the job was when the new supervisor came in and didn't quite understand the flow of the office.
Albany State University is an HBCU university.
Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 7, 2015
The university offered Bachelor, and Master degrees. The majority of my day consist of high impact customer service. Very heavy Banner and computer work. As a financial Aid Counselor/Advisor, I had to review, award and process financial aid for the students. The job was extremely busy during high peak seasons, and consistent overtime was necessary to get the job done during registration periods. Very heavy phone, e-mail, computer and in-house customer service was required.
Pros
Benefits, and educational growth potential
Cons
Unorganized, limited advancement and growth opportunities
Great People
Student Technician/ Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 21, 2015
Co-workers are very helpful. This is a fun environment and the people become family. The hours are great. A typical day can mean a lot of walking or sitting depending on your department
Productive and great learning environment
Production Intern (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 11, 2015
Great learning environment for an intern like myself. Learned different aspects of social media, article writings, working events, as well as filming, editing, and producing clips.
Great experience
Librarian (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 5, 2015
I had great experiences with the students and being able to help them. I had a chance to become familiar with putting books in order and know the knowledge on where they are suppose to go.
Productive and great working Environment
Custodian 1 (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 12, 2015
This University provides a great deal of knowledge about itself and the individuals of the university. It is a high in success school and it averages 3000 students or more a year. Working for this company has helped me to become more familiar with my coworkers and professors of the university. It has also helped me to gain knowledge and success through helping me to further my education. I love being at Albany State University.
Pros
Benefits, education and progress
Cons
Healthcare
Advancement
University Testing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 8, 2015
Laid back environment
Learned about assessments and how they are structured
Management not strong in promoting/financial increase to match work requirements
Colleagues within the department were the best
Schedule flexible
Pros
FLEX SCHEDULE
Cons
LACK OF FINANCIAL GROWTH
Summer Camp Environment
Student Instructor (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 29, 2015
This job was located in a Boys & Girls club so working with all of the children was extremely fulfilling. I enjoyed that the students were able to learn in an applicational setting while still having fun.
A fun working environment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 10, 2015
Albany state is a very great place to work. I was able to assist students, parents,and visitors. This is a great learning environment.
Hbcu
LIBRARY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 10, 2015
A typical day at work would include monitoring the refrence desk located around the library as well as assisting students and teachers to find the book, article, or textbook that they need. My coworkers were students at Albany State University as well. We all worked together to ensure that the library was well managed.
Beautiful opportunity working with international and study abroad students.
Study Abroad Recruiter, Student Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GeorgiaApril 6, 2015
While working for Global Programs at ASU, I recruited students for study abroad programs, assisted students with scholarship applications, organized office reports, applied technical writing to necessary documents while designing literature for events, forums, and seminars, and helped international students with registration, visas, and work permits. At many events, I presented on studying abroad by showcasing souvenirs and photos narrated by travel stories.
Pros
Cultural Diversity
Energetic and fun workplace
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 31, 2015
•Educate, interpret, and hold clients accountable to all community standards and university policies
•Serve as an emergency liaison and provides assistance to clients when emergencies occur
•Complete administrative paperwork or assigned tasks promptly including, but not limited to: hourly rounds, incident reports, program proposals, and program evaluations
•Create, plan and implement educational, social, and recreational programs
•Serve as a conflict mediator to resolve differences that may arise between clients
•Communicate effectively between administrators, coworkers and clients
Enjoyable and Fun
Work-study Student (Former Employee) –  Albany, GeorgiaMarch 10, 2015
My experience while working in the Library at ASU was quite interesting. Working under the Library Director I learned a lot and was introduced to the side which enables the library to functions effective with the university.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Albany State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2