Albemarle Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Nice place to work-co-workers great-
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCOctober 12, 2015
I enjoyed working at night-got more done without too many employees in areas-sometimes very busy-Great benefits. Interesting atmosphere-great co-workers to work with and Management.
Pros
hours at night
Cons
sometimes very busy but made time go by fast
horrible
Sterile Processor (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCDecember 16, 2015
i wasted years of my life at this place horrible pay horrible management just horrible. i dont recommend to anyone. i really hope this place has improved after new managment took over
good job
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMarch 29, 2015
Great place to work. This is a great hospital everyone is very nice. The healthcare is great Nothing bad to say about the hospital, benefits are good,
Great people to work with, but must watch your back.
Staff PTA (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCApril 30, 2012
Getting to work no more than 7 minutes early. Patients waiting when you walk in the door. Multitasking most of the day. I learned that you can not trust management. Co-workers is what made it worth while to go to work. Dealing with management. Workiing with great co-workers and patients.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
not enough help, duplicate paperwork, no follow through.
Enjoyed working at Albemarle Hospital, just needed a change.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCOctober 21, 2015
Really enjoyed working with the patients, assisting them in their needs as well as the employees. Overall it was a pleasant atmosphere to work in.
Hang'n There!
CT/Rad Tech/FLEXI (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCApril 23, 2015
Love, love, love Albemarle Hospital, now Sentara Albemarle Medical Center. Busy, busy, busy... never a dull moment! CT department is phenomonal. Radiologist great to work with. the hospital has been through multiple changes in past 2-3 years with Elizabeth City relinquishing the reins for Sentara Healthcare to take over. It's been a difficult road for all the staff and departments, but, she's pulling through like a champ! Other than the hiring freezes and pay increase freezes over past 3 years, it's a great place to work!
Pros
Opportunity to grow as Sentara increases services
Cons
Will still be a while until employees get marketable pay
Albemarle was a good place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCSeptember 21, 2012
I started out at 6am and worked until 230pm most of the time.After I had been there about a year I organized the morning run and assigned techs and phlebotomists where to go, with myself usually doing ICU,CCU, Pediatrics and/or the Nursery. After the morning run was done I either did outpatients,the ER or other draws on the floors as they were ordered. My coworkers were good team players and easy to work with, we shared the workflow evenly. The management was good and listened to what you had to say. The hardest part of the job was being a fill-in for the following shift and having to stay and work if someone called in sick, one time I had to work 24 hrs straight, but this very rarely happened. The most enjoyable part of my job was the patient contact.
Pros
the people i worked with
Cons
no notice when you were the fill-in for the next shift if someone called in sick and you had to stay
A good place to work with many opportunities.
Patient Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMarch 12, 2014
Working in the emergency room can be high paced at times and slow at others. Working here was a great opportunity to meet doctors in the area and gain experience to further my education and lead me in my current professional path. There were problems with management at the time. There seemed to be favoritism to others, even though they did not follow the rules. Meanwhile, hard working people seemed to get reprimanded for nothing. This is part of what lead me to leave this job.
Pros
the overall work environment was great.
Cons
not many breaks, poor management
A fast-paced, busy, fun, fulling work environment
Patient Access/ED registration rep (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCJune 3, 2013
A typical day at work is different, there is something new witnessed or learned everyday in the emergency room. I have learned how to register, and verify patients information and insurance. Management is very cooperative and caring. My co-workers are nice and team players. The hardest part of the job is registering a (DOA), or the triage nurse having the patients name or birthday incorrect. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday and helping patients receive the care that is needed.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCJuly 20, 2012
a) Entering patient's X-rays orders, as well as answering multiple phone lines.
b) Getting close to our regular patients, emphathizing with their discomfort while waiting for their X-rays.
c) Management has an open-door policy. Any ideas, concerns will be heard and possibly considered.
d) My co-workers I will miss dearly. Great group of individuals to work with.
e) The hardest part of my job was tending to every patient equally.
f) Patient satisfaction was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
expanding my medical terminology
Cons
benefit payment plans rising every year
Albemarle hospital was a wonderful place to work. Each department worked together as a team. In other words we had each other’s back and it was a grea
Materials Management, Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCAugust 6, 2012
•A typical day at work would be the phone ringing off the hook and staff needing supplies right way.
•I learned different computer systems because the hospital was always upgrading the system.
Being in management is never easy because of all the personalities and moods they deal with on a daily basis, overall management was good.
•My co-workers were the best we were like family if one of us had a bad day the rest of the team would pick up the pieces and change the mood. I really miss them.
•The hardest part of the job was we all are adults and some days it hard getting the guys to focus and not talk about sports.
•The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the OR ordering supplies and getting to know the OR staff.Once a month we would have a potluck lunch together.
Pros
the hospital gave out free lunch tickets though out the year.
Cons
compared to some hospital i think albemarle hospital has great healthcare system, if we had a busy day before the supervisor would say go take an extra break.
I interact well with everyone
Registration Supervisor in Emergency Dept (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMay 20, 2013
I have been at this job for 10 years. I can work independently and can
multi task whenever its necessary to get my job done. I am a very caring person and my customer service skills are excellent. I am a
people person and enjoy what I do and will always give a 100% in
everything I do. I get along with my co workers and I am a true team player. The hardest part of my job is having to see people loses their
loved ones and trying to still maintain your emotions. The most enjoyable part of my job is you always meeting new people. My manager can feel comfortable when he leaves me in charge.
I have learned that you won't always be able to please everyone, but you can surely try.
I enjoyed the envioment and learning new things every day and the people that came in were nice and friendly.
Operating Room Surgical Tech, certiied (Former Employee) –  Eliz City NCApril 15, 2013
I enjoy learning new things every day and that is why I stayed with these people so long and like my co-workers to be friendly and the clients to be friendly and likeable. I also liek to learn something new almost every day and then i will not get bored and leave the job.
So that is my personality and hope you might like it and if not that is not a job I want to be on.
Pros
like the people that were my clients and the people i worked with also.
Cons
did't like the way i was laid off by the owner
I love the job I do
Administrative Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCJanuary 21, 2013
There is a difference from loving what you do and loving management that you work under. I absolutely love the idea that I am helping patient's.
Pros
drug reps, great co-workers
Cons
non-consistent with rules, dishonesty among management
A good place to work with in the compunity
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City N.C 27909May 21, 2014
Ihave great thing to say about the job, but it was the management that didn't see the employee's needs.
Pros
a good place to work
Cons
need more training for management
CT Technologist
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth CityJune 14, 2013
work with great coworkers and great equipment
management is not consistent
I learned a lot from my lead in CT
I like taking care of patients
Pros
great patient care
Cons
work alone mostly
na
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth City NCOctober 19, 2014
Recently changed organizagtion not pleased with current management.
Albemarle Hospital
Distribution Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMay 12, 2014
Gained a lot of warehousing experience in this role. I felt like departments were very segregated and did not function well as a team. Co-Workers as a whole were not friendly and looked down on new employees.
Great
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCMarch 10, 2014
Great staff and clients at Albemarle Health. This is the best place to work in Elizabeth City North Carolina. The every employer that I know is very concern with the patient health.
Pros
very interesting experience
Loved my job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCOctober 13, 2014
I loved my job but did not agree with a lot of the guidelines of the facility

2.7