Albemarle Hospital

Albemarle Hospital Employer Reviews

Loved my job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Elizabeth City, NCOctober 13, 2014
I loved my job but did not agree with a lot of the guidelines of the facility
A good place to work with in the compunity
Security Officer (Former Employee), Elizabeth City N.C 27909May 21, 2014
Pros: a good place to work
Cons: need more training for management
Ihave great thing to say about the job, but it was the management that didn't see the employee's needs.
Albemarle Hospital
Distribution Technician (Former Employee), Elizabeth City, NCMay 12, 2014
Gained a lot of warehousing experience in this role. I felt like departments were very segregated and did not function well as a team. Co-Workers as a whole were not friendly and looked down on new employees.
Supportive environment
Interim VP/ Director Human Resources (Former Employee), Elizabeth City, NCMarch 17, 2014
Warm and friendly people. Team work environment, support Administration.
A good place to work with many opportunities.
Patient Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Elizabeth City, NCMarch 12, 2014
Pros: the overall work environment was great.
Cons: not many breaks, poor management
Working in the emergency room can be high paced at times and slow at others. Working here was a great opportunity to meet doctors in the area and gain experience to further my education and lead me in my current professional path. There were problems with management at the time. There seemed to be favoritism to others, even though they did not follow the rules. Meanwhile, hard working people seemed to get reprimanded for nothing. This is part of what lead me to leave this job.
Love everyone I worked with
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Elizabeth City NCMarch 11, 2014
I loved everything about this job. The hardest part was getting attached to the patients and they pass away.
Great
Financial Counselor (Current Employee), Elizabeth City, NCMarch 10, 2014
Pros: very interesting experience
Great staff and clients at Albemarle Health. This is the best place to work in Elizabeth City North Carolina. The every employer that I know is very concern with the patient health.
patient care for inmates
CNA-Unit Coordinator-ER Tech (Former Employee), Elizabeth City, NCAugust 28, 2013
blood draws, assist asthma inmates, wound care, documentation of paper patients and physician
CT Technologist
CT Technologist (Current Employee), Elizabeth CityJune 14, 2013
Pros: great patient care
Cons: work alone mostly
work with great coworkers and great equipment
management is not consistent
I learned a lot from my lead in CT
I like taking care of patients
A fast-paced, busy, fun, fulling work environment
Patient Access/ED registration rep (Current Employee), Elizabeth City, NCJune 3, 2013
A typical day at work is different, there is something new witnessed or learned everyday in the emergency room. I have learned how to register, and verify patients information and insurance. Management is very cooperative and caring. My co-workers are nice and team players. The hardest part of the job is registering a (DOA), or the triage nurse having the patients name or birthday incorrect. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday and helping patients receive the care that is needed.
I interact well with everyone
Registration Supervisor in Emergency Dept (Current Employee), Elizabeth City, NCMay 20, 2013
I have been at this job for 10 years. I can work independently and can
multi task whenever its necessary to get my job done. I am a very caring person and my customer service skills are excellent. I am a
people person and enjoy what I do and will always give a 100% in
everything I do. I get along with my co workers and I am a true team player. The hardest part of my job is having to see people loses their
loved ones and trying to still maintain your emotions. The most enjoyable part of my job is you always meeting new people. My manager can feel comfortable when he leaves me in charge.
I have learned that you won't always be able to please everyone, but you can surely try.
I enjoyed the envioment and learning new things every day and the people that came in were nice and friendly.
Operating Room Surgical Tech, certiied (Former Employee), Eliz City NCApril 15, 2013
Pros: like the people that were my clients and the people i worked with also.
Cons: did't like the way i was laid off by the owner
I enjoy learning new things every day and that is why I stayed with these people so long and like my co-workers to be friendly and the clients to be friendly and likeable. I also liek to learn something new almost every day and then i will not get bored and leave the job.
So that is my personality and hope you might like it and if not that is not a job I want to be on.
Was fun place to work
Lifeline Program Manager (Former Employee), Elizabeth City, NCMarch 25, 2013
Gathered a lot of work experience before being employed FT.
I love the job I do
Administrative Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Elizabeth City, NCJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: drug reps, great co-workers
Cons: non-consistent with rules, dishonesty among management
There is a difference from loving what you do and loving management that you work under. I absolutely love the idea that I am helping patient's.
Albemarle was a good place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Elizabeth City, NCSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: the people i worked with
Cons: no notice when you were the fill-in for the next shift if someone called in sick and you had to stay
I started out at 6am and worked until 230pm most of the time.After I had been there about a year I organized the morning run and assigned techs and phlebotomists where to go, with myself usually doing ICU,CCU, Pediatrics and/or the Nursery. After the morning run was done I either did outpatients,the ER or other draws on the floors as they were ordered. My coworkers were good team players and easy to work with, we shared the workflow evenly. The management was good and listened to what you had to say. The hardest part of the job was being a fill-in for the following shift and having to stay and work if someone called in sick, one time I had to work 24 hrs straight, but this very rarely happened. The most enjoyable part of my job was the patient contact.
Albemarle hospital was a wonderful place to work. Each department worked together as a team. In other words we had each other’s back and it was a grea
Materials Management, Distribution Technician (Former Employee), Elizabeth City, NCAugust 6, 2012
Pros: the hospital gave out free lunch tickets though out the year.
Cons: compared to some hospital i think albemarle hospital has great healthcare system, if we had a busy day before the supervisor would say go take an extra break.
•A typical day at work would be the phone ringing off the hook and staff needing supplies right way.
•I learned different computer systems because the hospital was always upgrading the system.
Being in management is never easy because of all the personalities and moods they deal with on a daily basis, overall management was good.
•My co-workers were the best we were like family if one of us had a bad day the rest of the team would pick up the pieces and change the mood. I really miss them.
•The hardest part of the job was we all are adults and some days it hard getting the guys to focus and not talk about sports.
•The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the OR ordering supplies and getting to know the OR staff.Once a month we would have a potluck lunch together.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Elizabeth City, NCJuly 20, 2012
Pros: expanding my medical terminology
Cons: benefit payment plans rising every year
a) Entering patient's X-rays orders, as well as answering multiple phone lines.
b) Getting close to our regular patients, emphathizing with their discomfort while waiting for their X-rays.
c) Management has an open-door policy. Any ideas, concerns will be heard and possibly considered.
d) My co-workers I will miss dearly. Great group of individuals to work with.
e) The hardest part of my job was tending to every patient equally.
f) Patient satisfaction was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Great people to work with, but must watch your back.
Staff PTA (Former Employee), Elizabeth City, NCApril 30, 2012
Pros: good benefits.
Cons: not enough help, duplicate paperwork, no follow through.
Getting to work no more than 7 minutes early. Patients waiting when you walk in the door. Multitasking most of the day. I learned that you can not trust management. Co-workers is what made it worth while to go to work. Dealing with management. Workiing with great co-workers and patients.

About Albemarle Hospital

Since 1914 Albemarle Hospital has served the seven county region of Northeastern North Carolina. The 130,000 residents of our – Read more

Albemarle Hospital Photos