Albert Einstein College of Medicine Employee Reviews

Excellent work environment
Receptionist/Typist III (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 13, 2017
Greeting people and interacting with various cultures, it was amazing. I was able to learn more about the research arena, recruiting and the medical field.
Pros
amazing work culture
Cons
grant funded
learned a lot each day at work
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  1300 morris park ave bronx ny 10461November 5, 2017
i learned a lot every day at work, i love my job, it is very interesting and enjoyable.

i looked different shapes stem cell under the micro and they all very healthy.
Pros
free tea
Cons
health first
communication
Clinical Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 24, 2017
It is a good place to work. Most jobs are grant funded. They need to work on management interacting with staff not just students or pre med applicants. it is a very diverse cultural place
Steady work
Machinist Grade (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 5, 2017
it's a good job good work hours they pay you back for education 35 hour work week management could be better but they are working on that good work invironment
work place
Lead Utility Worker /Housekeeping Dept (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 13, 2017
stressful at times but that has to do with been lead utility worker.
overall its not a bad place to work, very good benefit and starting salary not too bad.
An Institution of Higher Education
Administrator, Department of Pathology (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 7, 2017
Albert Einstein College of Medicine is a institution of Higher Education associated with Montefiore Medical Center. It is located in the East Bronx with good access to parks and cultural centers.
Nice people to work with
Secretary VI (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 1, 2017
It was a very nice environment. Very nice people; students, doctors, professors were all very professional and friendly. Very caring and friendly co-workers.
Productive and fun place
Biochemistry and Pharmacology Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2017
I would recommend it to anyone because the place brings out the best in you and makes you see how much potential you have. If I were to stay at the same location, I would be with Einstein
Good
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 24, 2017
Very good place to work with respect to research. Other than less compensation everything is good including the benefits.
Place to explore more, but the advancement in career lags
Wonderful Place for Diversity and Science
Core Microscope Facility, Research Tech D (Former Employee) –  1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461August 22, 2017
As a former technician in a well stocked core microscope facility, I have been exposed to a very wide variety of microscope techniques, cell types, and organisms. The work environment was initially relaxed, and thus productive. Our facility had an incredible amount of high end microscopes that continue to serve the scientific community at Einstein with a high level of success.

In addition to science they also have a focus on the arts, hosting several Art Nights per year, an orchestra, and a magazine specifically devoted to creative works of Einstein employees.

My favorite part about working at Einstein was the diversity of the people who worked there. I have met people from all over the globe and side by side, we all worked together for a common goal. The science was always the priority. Its an excellent institution to work in.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere, friendly people, excellent diversity between staff and students, a plethora of core facilities to make projects efficient and streamlined, many places to eat, some positions are union with great benefits
Cons
somewhat difficult commute if you dont live in the Bronx, recent take over by Montefiore has been difficult to navigate through, current two-tier system for new union employees
extremely low pay
associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 22, 2017
treat PhDs as slavery labor
Low pay here is a insulation to human intelligence, promotion is frozen, no annual salary increase as NIH suggested, research is full of fun, but we deserve respect on money
a typical day at work
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 16, 2017
in the morning I walk into the lab, analysis data then set up and start new experiments. At end of the day, I feel satisfied and planning tomorrow's work.
Longest standing employment
Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 16, 2017
Enjoyed working with a high risk resistant population in the South Bronx providing Chemical Dependency and comprehensive treatment services. Worked for this organization for a long period of time and developed all of my clinical experience hear enjoyed the job until the change of management and number crunching
Pros
Numerous clinics
Cons
Lack of staff support
Productive and collaborative research environment
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 15, 2017
A graduate program in the biomedical sciences. Students are encouraged to develop novel research approaches and create new areas of science. Subsidized On-Campus Housing.
excellent
Lead Research Mri Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 3, 2017
excelent facility to be employed by. Enjoy the work environment and they have excellent benefits along with great pay. Very professional atmosphere also
clerk typist
Clinical Interviewer / Clerk Typist III (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 1, 2017
Conducting daily recruitment and retention calls English and Spanish participants and their parents. manage petty cash line of 2k for several randomized trails.
Exposed to lots of good things
Associate at Dr. Vern Schramm (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 28, 2017
A bit of a learning curve working at Einstein. Work was difficult from a technical point of view but I found help. Administrative, engineering and housekeeping support is not great. Lots of room for improvement in terms of safety.
Pros
Lots of core facilities where I was able to advance my project
Cons
Disorganized work place
Helpful coworkers.
Part Time Exam Proctor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 24, 2017
I have only worked there on a part time basis which isn't that much...a couple hours per month. However my manager is very helpful, and my coworkers are friendly.The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work independently at times which I find refreshing.
fruitful working experience
Senior IT Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 12, 2017
given good opportunities to expose for new technologies in a professional environment and friendly respectful atmosphere .nice workplace culture. excellent managment in the past 20 years!
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 27, 2017
A typical day eight hour day at Einstein tends to go quickly as their are many research departments with different, unique needs. A person involved in information technology as myself may work on data center server deployment, virtual infrastructure, high performance computing, automated desktop backup, software deployment, Endpoint System Management, WiFi management, and networking.

Management is pretty good at Einstein. The work environment would be much improved with an increased presence of standard policies. The challenging part working here is dissecting the process for career advancement outside of being in a graduate program. The most enjoyable part of working here is the convenient location and access to a great network of medical professionals.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No clear career path for staff outside of research.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Our community is ready to answer.

Albert Einstein College of Medicine Reviews by Location