Albert Einstein Healthcare Network

Albert Einstein Healthcare Network Employee Reviews

Leaders in healthcare
Transplant Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2017
An established leader in healthcare. Pioneers in several healthcare areas and specialities. Members of several centers of excellence with national recognition.
Challenging
Stewardship and Donor Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19141January 11, 2017
Management style presented a challenge for me. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people. Hardest part of the job was adjusting to the personalities within the office.
Putting patients first and more...
Medical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 4, 2017
One of the leading hospitals in the Philadelphia region with is focus on patient care above all else.

Local clinics and facilities in various parts of the city and counties.

Working relationships with physicians that are locally recognized for outstanding patient care.

Longstanding member of the community.
It was culture full of warmth
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2016
It was my first time working and a hospital environment, it was a awesome experience. My fellow coworker became my family. I still today associate with those guys.
Einstein Healthcare Network is continuing to grow in its dedication to providing healthcare to the Philadelphia area
Manager, Systems Development and Training (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 29, 2015
I started my career at Einstein. There were lots of opportunities to expand my horizons. Management was very supportive and pushed to make be achieve above and beyond what I could do at the moment.
Nice place to work
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 24, 2015
It is very nice place to work. The company has help me grow professionally and personally.I have learned management skills, my co-worker were supportive and we work as a team. The hardest part of my job is to ask the nurses to keep resident and family happy. The most enjoyable part of the job is the overwhelm support I receive from co-worker.
Productive workplace
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 18, 2015
The work place at AEHCN is productive and everyone works together to get the job done always. A typical day consist of transporting patients, taking vital signs and also providing assistance to the physical therapist when needed. Managing PT's are always nice and communicative. There is nothing too demanding asked of me or any other employee during the job. I love the people I work with and get to work with day in and day out.
Great Place to Work
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2015
Einstein puts their patients first and is active within the local community. They are an ethical employer that listens and cares about their employees.
Einsteins rewarding.
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 26, 2015
It has been a rewading time to work for the Einstein Healthcare Network. My time in this field I have been afforeded the opportunity to learn a plethora of new skills, I've met some stand up people and have been able to put my skills from the military to work as well as my creativity.
Attention to details
Medical Admin / Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 30, 2014
The work day would start by getting all patient rooms ready by stocking up on medical supplies. Receiving mail, faxes, and forwarding them to our doctors. Filing patient charts. Greeting and arriving patients, checking insurances, and requesting co-pays. Taking patients to exam rooms and taking their vital signs. Giving necessary vaccines, and blood draws. Our day also involved discharging patients, answering multiple-line phone calls, scheduling appointments and taking messages.
Sometimes the hardest part of my job was having to deal with uncooperative patients, however we had a very professional team and were always able to deal with tough situations and occurrences.
Working as a Medical Assistant was overall a great opportunity and I really enjoyed the atmosphere my co-workers and I had in the office.
Pros
Lunch meetings, Healthcare
Impossible workload and expectations
Assistant (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaNovember 24, 2014
The more you do, the more is expected; you are not appreciated. You are always required to jump in and take the lead on a new initiative and still finish your regular assignments which means your days get longer and longer. I've only worked one other place as demanding as this and even that was better because at least you were appreciated. Would never go back.
Pros
Wages; coworkers
Cons
Uninspired, demanding management; the drudgery of it all.
Runaway as fast as you can!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 23, 2014
Einstein is a for-profit organization. They do not care about their employees, especially in the Protective Services department. The management discriminates on the basis of gender (they do not hire female officers). You are EXTREMELY over worked and under paid. They are unable to retain officers as evidenced through the unbelievably high turnover rate. You think you're signing up for security but you're actually signing up to be: a receptionist, a pathologist (removing bodies from the morgue), a mechanic, escort, RN, environmental services, etc...You are the "Jack of all trades," yet the lowest position on the totem pole. Despite all security does, you are treated as if you're a contractor rather than a hospital employee. You will never get time off or even breaks because they are extremely understaffed and unwilling to hire except for per diem positions. Also, there is no room for advancement (the politics are ridiculous). I fortunately resigned after two years, but others aren't so lucky these days; beware of the layoffs.This organization needs a complete makeover, I cannot begin to explain how negative my experience was. Particular management exhibited arrogant, prejudiced, immoral, impractical, patronizing, and most of all deceiving behavior. I strongly suggest that Einstein work of improving the quality of the hospital in general. Customer service is simply non existent at Einstein and they are very invasive as it pertains to employee privacy.
Pros
None, considering the once impressive benefits have been subject to cutbacks. Einstein is going bankrupt.
Cons
When you resign, they will make you feel like you owe Einstein. As if nothing is better or exist beyond Einstein.
GREAT management team made working at Albert Einstein very enjoyable!!!
Emergency Department Coder (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 19, 2014
I enjoyed working at Albert Einstein Healthcare Network! The management team was EXCELLENT. My immediate supervisor was well versed in the coding world. Her door was always open and she was always willing to assist (with coding and any other issues). My co-workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of my job was travel--from my house to the hospital was a very long commute. This was the only drawback to working at this facility.
Worst place I ever worked at!!!!
Healthcare provider (Former Employee) –  Elkins parkFebruary 17, 2014
Old, dark, dingy, cock roach invested operating room. Awful management! A place that allows verbal abuse to take place and does nothing about it. Quality of care is minimal!
Wouldn't go there as a patient and wouldn't take my family there either!
Pros
Cons
Too long to list
Hate it
EVS (Current Employee) –  EMCMFebruary 12, 2014
This hospital is awful to work for! Like said in other reviews, they do not care about their employees. They want you to work like a slave and pay you nothing!! Terriable management! All they care about is turn over!!
Micro Management, Icy Coworkers
Psychotherapist (Former Employee) –  GeroPsych Outpatient Unit at BelmontNovember 25, 2013
Typical day at the geropsych unit at Belmont was very easy. The most difficult part was the micromanagement from the supervisors (at times bizarre and demeaning) as well as a handful of very patronizing and icy coworkers. It was difficult to work with the supervisors as they were at retirement age (all above 60 years old, some were in their 80's) and needed constant redirection as they spoke in circles and demanded long winded repetitive and demoralizing meetings. If you spoke out against these demands you were targeted as a trouble maker. It was very annoying at times. This can be a good place to work, but just be prepared to be nagged, targeted, and overall exhausted by weird and inappropriate comments from people in charge.
Pros
The patients
Cons
Micromanagement; mean coworkers
A nice place to work for
Cerner Consultant Go-Live Support (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 27, 2013
We would arrive at the clinic at 8 a.m and answer any questions the staff may have or show them where they need to go in the system while waiting for the doors to open at 9 a.m. We would continue to navigate the staff throughout the day to what icon they need to click on to get to a particular screen in the EMRs.
I learned that each facility have their own program to fit their needs of workflow.
Management was always available whenever you needed to ask them a question concerning what the staff felt might help make their workflow easier.
Some co-workers were team players and were willing to help you if you got stuck on what to click on.
The hardest part of the job was when the assisgnment was up and you had to leave. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff.
Pros
The pay, travel, experience and meeting people
Cons
Not enough free lunches, living out of your suitcases and traffic
Horrible
Xray tech (Former Employee) –  Elkins Park, PAAugust 22, 2013
do not work here ! the management is terrible and this company does not care about the well being of its employees. Everything is about the money the company makes, not about caring for people. HORRIBLE!
Pros
nothing
Cons
nasty work environment, horrible management, dirty, lazy people who dont care about the patients
Patient Account Manager
Patient Account Manager  (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 8, 2013
Long busy stressful days. Understaffed. Co-worker are a great group of hard working down to earth people who all have the same thing in common, bring in the money. Hardest part of my job is a12 hour day at the office then going home to sign in and work a few more hours, while the most enjoyable is bring satisfaction to patients.
Busy operating room
Orthopaedic Staff Nurse - OR (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2013
Extensive background experience in the operating room. I was in charge of the orthopedic dept. Duties consisted of ordering supplies, circulating and scrubbing cases.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Albert Einstein Healthcare Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Albert Einstein Healthcare Network Reviews by Location