We know we couldn’t do what we do without our employees – the skilled and dedicated professionals who make our organization run. Coming from a variety of backgrounds and bringing a multitude of work and life experience, these people are essential to the patient’s experience and make all the difference to the organization AHS is today. Whether you are a physician or pharmacist, housekeeper or clerk, procurement professional or power engineer, we couldn’t do it without you.
We believe supporting the health and well-being of our employees leads to better outcomes for our patients. That’s why we offer competitive compensation packages, with comprehensive coverage for you and your family.
• Supplementary Health Care for services such as health, dental, vision, disability and lifestyle considerations.
• Employee & Family Assistance, including education, resources, and counseling.
• Group Savings Plan and Pension Plan to help you save for the future.
Health care is an exciting, dynamic field to be in. Efforts in research, new technologies, and new ways to deliver effective, patient-centred care keep us focused on continual improvement. Here, you’ll be empowered to succeed, and encouraged to learn and grow at every opportunity. From keeping up-to-date with industry best practice to continuing to evolve as a professional, you will have access to a range of learning opportunities that include:
• In-house seminars, webinars, and combination courses for personal and professional development – from clinical best practice to leadership development.
• Clinical education including specialty education, practicum placements, clinical teaching units and job shadow program
• Advanced education assistance, professional development conferences, training courses and seminars.
We are the skilled and dedicated health professionals, support staff, volunteers and physicians who promote wellness and provide health care to approximately 3.9 million Albertans.
Alberta Health Services (AHS) has over 104,000 employees, including approximately 96,100 direct AHS employees and almost 8,000 staff working in AHS wholly-owned subsidiaries.
Programs and services are offered at over 450 facilities throughout the province, including hospitals, clinics, continuing care facilities, mental health facilities and community health sites. Partnerships with educational institutions foster unique research opportunities in medicine and health sciences placing AHS at the forefront of innovation.
AHS is setting the national standard for quality health services as Alberta’s largest employer. AHS strives to provide a patient-focused, quality health system that is accessible and sustainable for all Albertans. Working at AHS enables a better quality of life, not only for our staff, but their families too – there’s no shortage of reasons to join our team! – less