Albertina Kerr Employee Reviews

Horrible Job Horrible upper management great coworkers
Direct Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 23, 2017
In this job you will be physically and verbally attacked by clients. Upper management does not care about the direct support professionals. If you are sick you are still expected to work and are told that you have to work your shift even if you need to take your child to the Dr. You will be guilted by managers if you need to take time off into working. The only good part about this job is the coworkers.
Pros
health, vision, and dental are all paid by the company
Cons
Everything else
Develop a lot of skills
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 7, 2017
This is a great job to learn a lot of new skills that can be applied to future jobs. This is also a great company to work for where you don't need a lot of prior experience so it is a great starter job.
Wonderful place of work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORAugust 18, 2017
Excellent benifits.Great staff.Amazing managers.Very well provided training.Room for promotion.Great hours.Great pay.Easy going people and place.Id tell anyone to work here.
Easy going and rewarding
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 11, 2017
Working here was one of the most rewarding jobs I have ever had. I really enjoyed my training, and the home I worked at. Being around adults with special need opens your eyes in so many ways!
bad
Life Enrichment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 11, 2017
This company only looks out for themselves. i worked there for over a year and always was treated poorly by my house manager. they treated caregivers poorly and more then once i was told that i am replaceable
Chill work environment most the time but very high-stress for most people
Direct Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 9, 2017
Albertina Kerr is a good opportunity for someone who's looking to work with youth in challenging settings. Easy job to get but you take the chance of working with some pretty inconsistent people.
Pros
Heath Coverage is A1.
Cons
No break, Low pay for high risk/demand work, Low pay
loved this company
CareGiver/ Med tech in behavior home (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 4, 2017
I truly enjoyed working here! I worked in a group home setting at a behavior home and loved it! i would have stayed on but i moved too far to commute everyday
Workplace that gives you pride
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 4, 2017
I loved working with my co-worker in the home I was assigned. I learned a great deal from my co worker. I enjoyed the clients we worked with here and I felt like I made a difference while here.
Challenging & Rewarding
Life Enrichment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 28, 2017
My coworkers and clients are amazing; they get me through the day!
Although, person's served behaviors can be extreme and challenging, the reward to see positive growth in the individual is priceless. I have learned a great amount of patience and problem solving skills in this position; as well as, regulations concerning operating a group home for adolescents.
Cons
Behavioral Clients
Loved this place
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 21, 2017
I loved working at this place.

I think what I love most about this place was the people. I got the feeling that everyone I worked with was like a second family.

Whenever I needed help clarifying a policy/procedure I could ask a question and get an answer.
Pros
Free lunches with some meetings, social gatherings, helpful coworkers
Cons
You have to keep track of your hours exactly

Want to know more about Albertina Kerr?

Ask a question
could be fun but ...
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 27, 2016
I've seen people come and go on these type of jobs . Your life is in these individuals hands who's lives have been slightly tampered with so if they want to get you fired for whatever reason there won't be any explaining until later after your investigation is over . I'd like to take responsibility for myself
Pros
making a change for others
Cons
alot of these individuals are set in there ways
Great Company
Life Enrichment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORNovember 15, 2016
If you enjoy being a DSP or LES, this company is wonderful. There a huge variety of homes and clients that all differ in care. Plenty of options for overtime.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short staffed
Caregiver/LES
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 16, 2016
I freally enjoyed the particular home I was in. I loved the clients and other employees. I was not able to stay as long as I would have liked as I moved to a different state, but had I not I would still work here.
Would not reccommend working here.
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 8, 2016
After locating and organizing an entire month of charges which enabled the company to close fiscal year end and month end, my contract was terminated.
Pros
Non Profit Organization
Cons
Poorly managed. Does not appreciate quality work. High turn over.
A good place to start, but do not linger.
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 19, 2016
I have learned much on my own working with at risk youth at the Subacute facility. I would note however that it was suspiciously easy to get a job here and have come to realize that Subacute suffers from a high employee turnover rate due to unfair expectations set on staff from management and high stress work environment.
Pros
Good entry point into the field
Cons
Unfair expectations set on new staff
Glad I am on my way out!
not saying - sorry (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 8, 2016
Management is horrible. HR is worse. They do not care at all about middle management and the staff that they have working most of the time are not using the common sense. If you say something you are terminated.

I love the kids but honestly I would NEVER work there if you value your sanity and your family.
amazing company with great staff and residents
Life Enrichment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 24, 2016
A typical day at work usually depends on which group home youre in. Some group homes are more laid back than others and even though many routines are similar, each resident has specific needs that needs to be taken care of in different ways. I learned during my time in the company that even those with disabilities have strong personalities that shine through even though they are limited on what they can share. Management was always a hit or miss. You either got a good manager that knew what they were doing and made your job easier, or you got a manager that did the exact opposite and you found yourself running around trying to cover the slack. Coworkers are always wonderful to have. Some coworkers have been there for 10+ years and can show you tricks to helping the residents that you never knew. There are also new coworkers who are coming to find the job just as lovely as you did when you first started. The hardest part of the job was when the company was short staffed, they only had one relief staff per 2-3 group homes and you found yourself working 16hr shifts every night.
Even through all that, the best part of the job was definitely the residents. When working with them you cant help but adore each and every one of them. They bring so much more into your life and you grow so much more as a person. It is definitely a wonderful place to work at.
Pros
benefits, coworkers, residents, free lunches
Cons
managers
High in Experience, Low in Employee Satisfaction
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 11, 2016
Albertina Kerr is a fine mental health corporation for its clients and offers good mental health experience to its employees. However, employee turnover is very high and it's due to employee safety and satisfaction being a low priority. Employees often have to work overtime despite being scheduled for certain shifts. Employees are frequently compensated incorrectly. Employees are easily injured and poorly protected by the workers comp insurance agency.
Pros
Good mental health experience
Cons
Short-to-No breaks; Limited employee protection; Mediocre compensation
Extremely stressful work environment
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 16, 2015
My coworkers are amazing, compassionate and badass people. The participants are largely the same. My immediate supervisor is great, but management in general seems pretty incompetent. We are ALWAYS short staffed, partly intentionally and partly because of the high turnover rate in the field. But AK refuses to keep the programs fully staffed, so that we are stretched thin and more stressed than necessary, and keeps us at a very low wage, with no real chance of promotion or raise. I never get a break, except maybe a 5 min bathroom break. Management are very unsupportive and don't seem to care about the staff. Last year they cut our hours, so we don't have time to clean up, set up or plan our programs, which means the participants suffer. They squeezed out every penny they could and the CEO took home a bonus over $10,000 more than my yearly income. They care about profit, and that's about it.
Pros
health benefits, opportunity to work with people with disabilities and make art
Cons
no breaks, not enough hours, stressful, very low pay and incompetent management
Great place to be of you are under the right management
Life enrichment specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORNovember 16, 2015
I am a current employee, I've worked here for 3yrs...though some houses and staff are pretty hard to deal with, if you happen to get the right house you will be extremely happy with this job,... If not ,you may very much dislike it upper management could work a bit harder though
Pros
Going to outings/ free foodz
Cons
Tough work if you have a co worker that isn't so helpful