Albertson's LLC Employee Reviews

Good benefits
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAJuly 21, 2017
This was a union job that is subject to collective bargaining agreements. In general, these agreements have declined and are tiered for new hires. It was a good career job until the benefits for health welfare and retirement started declining.
Strong company with growth opportunities
Area Customer Service Mgr Front End Operations (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 20, 2017
A fast pace position, variety of tasks, assignments and projects, leading people, pulling reports, spread sheets. Time demands and deadlines sometimes difficult. The best part of the job is the people.
Pros
health care, flexability
Cons
long hours and some deadlines.
Challenging and Educational
Leave Administrator (Current Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILMay 30, 2017
Working with this company has expanded my knowledge of employee benefit management and expanded my knowledge of the leave process, i.e. short term and long term disability and Family Medical Leave requirements.
Fun workplace
Bookkeeper-Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 20, 2017
A regular 8 hrs work day. Management was good at the store I worked at. Workplace culture was good. I enjoyed working at my store there just was not that much room for growth and the pay was not that good.
Great starting job
Sales Associate | Under Armour (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2017
This job had a family friendly environment and took the time to teach its employees the ropes of the job. Management was amazing and was always on top of the game.
Pros
paid 15 minute breaks
Cons
none that i can think of
Albertsons
Fourth Key Person (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 3, 2017
Hard work, but great coworkers. Typical retail experience and hours. The varied shifts can be rough, but generally worth it. Can be taxing at times.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Hours
Not where you wanna work
Seafood Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2017
There is a reason why this company is selling off its stores, it only cares about its bottom line. They don't care at all about their employees, they would as soon demote you than help you.
Hey, its a job
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Belmont, MAMarch 23, 2017
Just don't expect too much. They're trying to look like whole foods but the bar for employees is still kinda low. Also, the drug test is a mouth swab.
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZFebruary 11, 2017
worked as customer service representative. sold lotto, tabacco products, as well as alcohol. Learned how to use Money Gram. Write orders. Accept shipments
Good starter job
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMAugust 30, 2016
Great place for first time workers. Room for advancement. Management plays favorites so don't get on their bad side. Management can also be demeaning to employees in front of customers.
Years of fun and the opportunity to meet wonderful people
Cashier, Bookkeeper, Safety, Scan (Former Employee) –  Corona del Mar, CAOctober 8, 2015
Albertson's has been such a great place to work. Exposed to many facets of the business and learned a lot. Customer;s just made it a joy to be able to build a relationship with all of them .
Life long friendships with co-workers.
Pros
Health care, Flexible hours
Cons
Working holidays
Hard work but employees were great
HEAD BAKER (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLJuly 12, 2015
Set up bakery items to be baked
Pull and set up bakery items on sales floor
Inventory
Working with health department to ensure cleanliness of areas
Busy customer interactions
Pros
great people to work with, kept busy so day went by fast
Cons
Short staffed sometimes
A small, tight-knit group of caring people against a larger group of slackers.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 6, 2015
Fast-paced environment with pleasant customers and some helpful staff.
Management claimed credit for most of the success, regardless of their level of involvement (which could be minimal, most of the time).
Decent opportunities to try new areas of work.
Hands-off approach to training new employees, which works for some, but not all.
Schedule was never consistent, unless you were in management.
Pros
Nice customers, union-mandated breaks and lunches, quick environment, full medical benefits, overtime and bonuses.
Cons
Six month probation period before collection of Holiday bonuses and overtime hour pay, lack of schedule consistency, most managers lack motivation and vision.
conventional grocery store
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLJune 17, 2015
Looking back this job was a fun job that gave me lots of character building experiences. I was able to develop associates and watch them grow with the company.
Front-End Manager (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXMay 20, 2015
When I came in I try to check in with all the manager and front end team, then I would go take the safe over verfiy and balance it. I learn how to talk with the cashier and management to sound positve.The store manager was the greast I ever work with he was hand on and help anywhere he was needed.
Pros
Working with the management
Cons
trying to do a schudel to make everyone happy.
First Job Good and Bad Experiences
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 16, 2015
This was my very first job i obtain while i still was in high school. Over the time once i became a freshman in college, the work schedule became ovewhelming and very diffuclt to handle. I strongly advise for others to work for this company if they are in high school or just a typical job.
Easy to get along with co-workers, small breakroom, Great store director and management
Butcher Block Clerk (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZApril 29, 2015
Management is easy to get along with and very understanding with everything that goes on such as family emergencies etc. Very family oriented store all co-workers look out for each other. Probably the Best grocery store to work at (aside from low pay)
Pros
Great co-workers, scheduled breaks, and very community oriented store
Cons
Low pay
Customer Service with a smile
Butcher Block Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 20, 2015
8 hour day of lifting, icing a food bar, filling it with meat and seafood. Walking all day and making sure customers were taken care of, loved the customers, loved the physical work but this job caused my disability at this time.
Cons
I gained experience, but it wasn't necessarily good.
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 13, 2015
I'm not sure that I would condemn anyone working for Albertson's, but I certainly wouldn't praise someone for picking this company as a career choice. From the moment I began working until the moment I was laid off four years later, I was told on a daily basis to not get comfortable because the store would be closing soon.

My first night on the job I was brought into the department and told where the lights were for the cold bar (that's what we called the area behind glass where we kept our salads), I was shown where food was in the freezer, and I was told where the supplies for cleaning dishes were located. The supervisor then told me she was going home and left me alone in the department. I thought I was going to have someone come in and train me on the machines or how to cook food, but no. I was left alone to run that department and close it down, and I had to get my feet wet by being pushed in, not by jumping in.

I managed to make things work. I read the labels on the containers and packages until I could convince myself and customers that I knew what I was doing. I unfortunately had to turn away several people, but I did make some sales. And those customers came back the next day, and the next, and so on for four years. I became an expert at my job and was up for promotion when the store finally was put into real danger of closing. The owner had died and his sons inherited the Albertson's company - at least that's what we were told - and were auctioning it off to the highest bidder.

At the time Albertson's also had a small gas station that was unused for several
  more... years and the new store manager asked us to revamp it. I was asked in a meeting what I thought would be a good way to get people interested and I suggested that we sell our leftover foods from the deli and bakery at the pumps.I was laughed at at first, but I was told I could try it out one night and see what happened. I made $85 the first hour and sold all of our chicken. By the end of the night I had made over $200. The program became a regular event, but I was the only one who ever made money because I took the time to actually talk to the customers.

Near the end of my job I was coming in to open the department, I was training new team members, I was cooking all the food, I was selling the food and packing up food that didn't sell, I was selling the remaining packed up food at the gas pumps, and then I was closing down the department. I worked twelve hour shifts more than a few times and rarely saw the employees I was actually training. I was never up for promotion and I barely made more than $8.00 an hour.

The biggest problem I had with Albertson's was that their employees had no real training. I worked with a man who would turn off the lights and yell at people that we were closed because he felt like going home early. There was no implementation of punishment for doing poorly in your job. Some of the people there would take two or three hour lunches and never clock out, and none of the managers would even shrug their shoulders when informed. It doesn't surprise me that the store was always threatened in closing.

By June of 2008 I had started to look for another job. The rumors about the store closing were getting worse and people were leaving left and right. I received a letter in the mail from the company headquarters with a check that said, "Termination due effect immediately." I went to my store manager and he said he knew nothing about it. I was still on the schedule to come in for the next week. My boss called corporate and was told that I had been laid off as one of many cuts to the store as it neared its swan song.

The store closed shortly after and many employees were not lucky enough to get a check in the mail for their services.

Overall I learned several skills from my first real job, but the biggest one I learned is not to give up. You can't let people drag you down; when someone shoves you in a department with no training and leaves you to your own devices, you can either start reading labels and trying to work, or you can sit on your thumbs and blame it on poor managers. I left my job at Albertson's as a senior member of my department and one of the top sales people in the entire store because I didn't wait on other people to train me and tell me how to do my job. I figured it out and I took the initiative.
Pros
It taught me to dive in and be the best despite circumstances
Cons
Poor training, few opportunities to advance, little to no raises in money, no real implementation of authority by management
Normally a fun atmosphere to work in
Assistant Meat Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, WYJanuary 11, 2015
I enjoyed getting to know my coworkers and learning from customers and the management. I worked hard to get my lists done but it didn't always work out as I planned. The manager that I directly worked under had 30+ years in the industry and I learned alot about meat cutting from him.
Pros
Discount program
Cons
Monotonous workload