Albertson's LLC Employee Reviews

Hard work but employees were great
HEAD BAKER (Former Employee), Apopka, FLJuly 12, 2015
Pros: great people to work with, kept busy so day went by fast
Cons: Short staffed sometimes
Set up bakery items to be baked
Pull and set up bakery items on sales floor
Inventory
Working with health department to ensure cleanliness of areas
Busy customer interactions
A small, tight-knit group of caring people against a larger group of slackers.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Nice customers, union-mandated breaks and lunches, quick environment, full medical benefits, overtime and bonuses.
Cons: Six month probation period before collection of Holiday bonuses and overtime hour pay, lack of schedule consistency, most managers lack motivation and vision.
Fast-paced environment with pleasant customers and some helpful staff.
Management claimed credit for most of the success, regardless of their level of involvement (which could be minimal, most of the time).
Decent opportunities to try new areas of work.
Hands-off approach to training new employees, which works for some, but not all.
Schedule was never consistent, unless you were in management.
conventional grocery store
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Oviedo, FLJune 17, 2015
Looking back this job was a fun job that gave me lots of character building experiences. I was able to develop associates and watch them grow with the company.
Front-End Manager (Former Employee), Denison, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: Working with the management
Cons: trying to do a schudel to make everyone happy.
When I came in I try to check in with all the manager and front end team, then I would go take the safe over verfiy and balance it. I learn how to talk with the cashier and management to sound positve.The store manager was the greast I ever work with he was hand on and help anywhere he was needed.
First Job Good and Bad Experiences
Cashier (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 16, 2015
This was my very first job i obtain while i still was in high school. Over the time once i became a freshman in college, the work schedule became ovewhelming and very diffuclt to handle. I strongly advise for others to work for this company if they are in high school or just a typical job.
Easy to get along with co-workers, small breakroom, Great store director and management
Butcher Block Clerk (Current Employee), Surprise, AZApril 29, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers, scheduled breaks, and very community oriented store
Cons: Low pay
Management is easy to get along with and very understanding with everything that goes on such as family emergencies etc. Very family oriented store all co-workers look out for each other. Probably the Best grocery store to work at (aside from low pay)
Customer Service with a smile
Butcher Block Supervisor (Former Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 20, 2015
8 hour day of lifting, icing a food bar, filling it with meat and seafood. Walking all day and making sure customers were taken care of, loved the customers, loved the physical work but this job caused my disability at this time.
I gained experience, but it wasn't necessarily good.
Deli Assistant (Former Employee), Garland, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: it taught me to dive in and be the best despite circumstances
Cons: poor training, few opportunities to advance, little to no raises in money, no real implementation of authority by management
I'm not sure that I would condemn anyone working for Albertson's, but I certainly wouldn't praise someone for picking this company as a career choice. From the moment I began working until the moment I was laid off four years later, I was told on a daily basis to not get comfortable because the store would be closing soon.

My first night on the job I was brought into the department and told where the lights were for the cold bar (that's what we called the area behind glass where we kept our salads), I was shown where food was in the freezer, and I was told where the supplies for cleaning dishes were located. The supervisor then told me she was going home and left me alone in the department. I thought I was going to have someone come in and train me on the machines or how to cook food, but no. I was left alone to run that department and close it down, and I had to get my feet wet by being pushed in, not by jumping in.

I managed to make things work. I read the labels on the containers and packages until I could convince myself and customers that I knew what I was doing. I unfortunately had to turn away several people, but I did make some sales. And those customers came back the next day, and the next, and so on for four years. I became an expert at my job and was up for promotion when the store finally was put into real danger of closing. The owner had died and his sons inherited the Albertson's company - at least that's what we were told - and were auctioning it off to the highest bidder.

At the time Albertson's also had a small gas station that was unused for several years – more... and the new store manager asked us to revamp it. I was asked in a meeting what I thought would be a good way to get people interested and I suggested that we sell our leftover foods from the deli and bakery at the pumps.I was laughed at at first, but I was told I could try it out one night and see what happened. I made $85 the first hour and sold all of our chicken. By the end of the night I had made over $200. The program became a regular event, but I was the only one who ever made money because I took the time to actually talk to the customers.

Near the end of my job I was coming in to open the department, I was training new team members, I was cooking all the food, I was selling the food and packing up food that didn't sell, I was selling the remaining packed up food at the gas pumps, and then I was closing down the department. I worked twelve hour shifts more than a few times and rarely saw the employees I was actually training. I was never up for promotion and I barely made more than $8.00 an hour.

The biggest problem I had with Albertson's was that their employees had no real training. I worked with a man who would turn off the lights and yell at people that we were closed because he felt like going home early. There was no implementation of punishment for doing poorly in your job. Some of the people there would take two or three hour lunches and never clock out, and none of the managers would even shrug their shoulders when informed. It doesn't surprise me that the store was always threatened in closing.

By June of 2008 I had started to look for another job. The rumors about the store closing were getting worse and people were leaving left and right. I received a letter in the mail from the company headquarters with a check that said, "Termination due effect immediately." I went to my store manager and he said he knew nothing about it. I was still on the schedule to come in for the next week. My boss called corporate and was told that I had been laid off as one of many cuts to the store as it neared its swan song.

The store closed shortly after and many employees were not lucky enough to get a check in the mail for their services.

Overall I learned several skills from my first real job, but the biggest one I learned is not to give up. You can't let people drag you down; when someone shoves you in a department with no training and leaves you to your own devices, you can either start reading labels and trying to work, or you can sit on your thumbs and blame it on poor managers. I left my job at Albertson's as a senior member of my department and one of the top sales people in the entire store because I didn't wait on other people to train me and tell me how to do my job. I figured it out and I took the initiative. – less
Normally a fun atmosphere to work in
Assistant Meat Manager (Former Employee), Sheridan, WYJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: discount program
Cons: monotonous workload
I enjoyed getting to know my coworkers and learning from customers and the management. I worked hard to get my lists done but it didn't always work out as I planned. The manager that I directly worked under had 30+ years in the industry and I learned alot about meat cutting from him.
Customer Service with a smile
Butcher Block Supervisor (Former Employee), Plano, TXOctober 13, 2014
Pros: loved the customers
Cons: walking and lifting which i can not do any longer, but loved it then.
Direct and Control the Operation of the Butcher Block Department and Superviser
Butcher Block Personnel
Handled Purchasing and Inventory Control.
Obtained Food Handling License.
Ensure excellent customer service and product quality and freshness.

A full day included making samples to help customers make decisions on whatever meal they were planning, instructing employees what they needed to handle as their daily duties. Greeted customers and helped them make decisions and also gave them ideas for the meal they were planning or party.
Challenging workplace with many strong individuals
Non-Grocery Food Stocker (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CAApril 23, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: awful pay and fluctuating hours
Great people, awful structure. Near impossible to advance in your career with positions/pay given to more experienced employees. With mass store closings new employees get shoved to the back of the line over and over leaving more deserving employees stuck at minimum wage.
fun but bad management
Produce Clerk/ Salad Bar (Current Employee), Liberty Lake, WANovember 29, 2013
A typical day at Albertson's is pretty fun. The store level associates are always very friendly and tend to keep work at work and personal life out. The management however isn't all that great. You will run into a few that are just amazing but the majority that I have met are rude, and sometimes abusive. the hardest part of the job is always going to be your speed. you can never be fast enough to get everything done. you must be someone who can constantly challenge themselves to do better to survive at Albertson's. the most enjoyable part of my job is getting to see the smiling faces of some of our most loyal customers. They always stop to say hi to you for no reason at all, and they will spend forever talking with you because it makes there day a little better and it makes my day a little better every time.
Loved this company and its people!
Produce Manager (Former Employee), Prescott Valley, AZAugust 15, 2013
Pros: can't say enough!
Cons: none here in the south!!
Expectations were very high, however labor hours reflected this. This company puts customers first, which builds long term customer loyalty. Great place to work.
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee), Abilene, TX / Frisco, TXAugust 3, 2013
Pros: employment
Cons: management, hours, unwilling to work with availability outside their bubble
In both cases working for this company it was miserable. The people I worked with were decent. Management was small minded and set in their ways. They would insult and demean you in any way possible. I felt like I was in middle school, but was working with middle age people. The job wasn't difficult it just was not pleasant to work with petty negative people.
stable work place with advancements.
Frozen food Manager (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 11, 2013
Pros: like any company you can advance or decline.
Cons: patience
Overall Albertsons' has been around along time and has good cultural values.
sales & sales
bakery manager (Former Employee), North Naples, FLJune 3, 2013
first: see my previous day's sales, second : get started fresh daily, third : management all bakery department duties. four : work team, I treat my co-workers the same way I would like to be treated five : TIME important issue. six : the work is done.
good job
stocker (Former Employee), Midland, TXFebruary 19, 2013
it waas a good job with flexible hours and a good management crew.
Store is closed
Liquor clerk (Former Employee), Valrico, FLFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: flex scheduling
Cons: open 365 days a year. low pay, only part time
The store I worked for is closed. It was a great company, with friendly staff and management. Flexible when needed. Required to work all Holidays.
Great company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clovis, NMJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: great benefits, excellent management, great hours and fun to work at
Cons: hard to advance
This company was great to work for the management was great and the benefits were superb. This jobs day to day were typical of any retail or grocery job. Management were always there to help in any way they could. Opportunity for advancement was a tad difficult but you were always at least given an interview for anything you applied for. I would recommend this company to anyone who could apply.
even the manager is wrong sometimes
Courtesy Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2012
sometime when your assigned a duty at the job they expect you to do it but some times the supervisor can get things messed up to