Albertson's LLC

Albertson's LLC Employer Reviews

Productive work place.
Cashier/Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Casa Grande, AZMarch 25, 2012
Pros: holiday meals for all of the employees on site.
Cons: short staffed in some departments at times.
Worked with an excellent store director whose focus was not only to make the store a succes for the employees and the community but also respected and took care of his employees needs as they arose.
Just a grocery store job paying minimal wage
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee), Garland, TXMarch 19, 2012
Pros: nice, friendly atmosphere
Cons: short breaks, didnt get as many hours as requested
Working at Albertsons was a walk in the park. Nothing hard about it at all. Customer Service was a big plus
Love it!
Service Operations Management (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FlMarch 10, 2012
Working with Albertson's i've been fortunate enough to learn the dynamics of retail management. I also trained in many areas of the company, enhancing my job diversity.
Productive and Fun Place to work
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Fort WorthJanuary 3, 2012
Pros: great people, wonderful work atmosphere.
Cons: short breaks, no reliable health care for part-time workers.
Albertson's helped me grow as a person, and helped me realize my future goals in life.
Good! Go Bankrupt!
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee), West Covina, Walnut CAFebruary 25, 2011
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: management
This company was my last attempt to carry on a steady retail career. I was managed by a very unstable Butcher. He is actually renowned as the crazy one in the company. I worked my job honest and diligently. In the mean while I was doing so, I was accused by him as being involved in street gangs, smoking pot, stealing company products, sabotaging the department, and ditching work.

My life was threaten twice by him and a gang banging co-worker, who I caught drinking on the job. People with anger issues should not work retail. When they transferred me instead of firing my manager, I was placed in the Walnut store. There I met a young uneducated and immature girl. When I was discussing the current events unbiasedly, she took it offensives. She a pick and choose type; only hears what she wants to hear. She called me racist, stupid, weird, idiot, a loser, etc.

I have excellent credit, I graduated high school and went to college, I don't live with my parents, so how am I all this?

Anyways, months later of the same ordeals, I've finally let this company and this girl get the better of me and I told her off. I was reported to the store director and they asked me resign. I was surprised, after all I went through with this company, they want me to resign for language conduct? I realized the girl just played victim and I said fine.

My manager said that I should not have done so, it was just a ruse to get rid of me because of the company's financial difficulties. She told me I was the best worker she ever had, and will gladly be a professional reference for me. No one who works there – more... can honestly say they are happy. I also recently found out that in spite of signing leave waivers, they've terminated me anyways. I checked my records, it reads nothing of it, but my manager said that they did.

The company will be closing down over 12 stores this year, there's a strong possibility of a Union Strike next month and I really don't care. All I wanted was to build a retail career. I got treated like a criminal, had my life threaten with butcher knives, and was insulted by a high school drop out, who by the way smokes pot during lunch periods.

Is there any room for the honest, law bidding, tax paying, and educated person in the state of California? – less