Albertson's LLC Employee Reviews in United States

even the manager is wrong sometimes
Courtesy Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2012
sometime when your assigned a duty at the job they expect you to do it but some times the supervisor can get things messed up to
Challenging and rewarding
Manager Produce and Floral Procurement (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FloridaDecember 3, 2012
Daily reveiw of perishable inventory, walk coolers inspecting product, procurement for sale demands, manage associate staffing and plan for up-coming sales events.

Exposure and experience was in all facets of retail sales and procurement

People were great to work with, but sometime challenging.

Dealing with growing and logistic disruptions

Creating and motivating sales events
Pros
secure and finiacially rewarding based upon performance
Cons
required 7 day a week management
Interesting and fun :)
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 24, 2012
I loved working here. They provided a flexible schedule. My coworkers were friendly and were awesome. My supervisor was super sweet and understanding. It was a fantastic experience.
Cons
smokers got more breaks than non-smokers
never a dull day
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 22, 2012
This job was a great way to meet interesting new people and was always fun.
Pros
discounts on groceries
Cons
on your feet all day
I enjoyed working here and the people
Cashier / Lobby Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJuly 13, 2012
I enjoyed working here with the people and helping them solve there problems. I learned how to handle people when they have a problem, I learned the cash register and I also learn how to handle workers under you. The hardest part of my job was tell people what to do and when they did not do what you told them you must handle that. I loved working here with the people and the helping the customers who were regulars.
Pros
getting to work with the customers and the co workers
Cons
nasty customers
Loved my jobs and co-workers with this company, hated to leave
Asst. Front End Mgr., Bookkeeper/Payroll clerk (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 8, 2012
Mamnaged Cashiers and Carryouts, Customer Service, Bookkeeper/
Payroll duties, Cashier, Assist Store Director

I learned many beneficial aspects of the grocery business

Management and Co-workers were awesome

Working an early morning shift (2a.m.) was a bit hard to get used
to in the beginning

Liked everything about my job with this company
GREAT company to work for.
Front End Manager (Current Employee) –  vero beach flJune 1, 2012
The store is closing June 9th and it is heartbreaking to see it go. I have been there for two years and I have had the great opportunity to meet some great people.
Productive work place.
Cashier/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZMarch 25, 2012
Worked with an excellent store director whose focus was not only to make the store a succes for the employees and the community but also respected and took care of his employees needs as they arose.
Pros
holiday meals for all of the employees on site.
Cons
short staffed in some departments at times.
Just a grocery store job paying minimal wage
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMarch 19, 2012
Working at Albertsons was a walk in the park. Nothing hard about it at all. Customer Service was a big plus
Pros
nice, friendly atmosphere
Cons
short breaks, didnt get as many hours as requested
Love it!
Service Operations Management (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FlMarch 10, 2012
Working with Albertson's i've been fortunate enough to learn the dynamics of retail management. I also trained in many areas of the company, enhancing my job diversity.
Productive and Fun Place to work
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort WorthJanuary 3, 2012
Albertson's helped me grow as a person, and helped me realize my future goals in life.
Pros
great people, wonderful work atmosphere.
Cons
short breaks, no reliable health care for part-time workers.
Good! Go Bankrupt!
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  West Covina, Walnut CAFebruary 25, 2011
This company was my last attempt to carry on a steady retail career. I was managed by a very unstable Butcher. He is actually renowned as the crazy one in the company. I worked my job honest and diligently. In the mean while I was doing so, I was accused by him as being involved in street gangs, smoking pot, stealing company products, sabotaging the department, and ditching work.

My life was threaten twice by him and a gang banging co-worker, who I caught drinking on the job. People with anger issues should not work retail. When they transferred me instead of firing my manager, I was placed in the Walnut store. There I met a young uneducated and immature girl. When I was discussing the current events unbiasedly, she took it offensives. She a pick and choose type; only hears what she wants to hear. She called me racist, stupid, weird, idiot, a loser, etc.

I have excellent credit, I graduated high school and went to college, I don't live with my parents, so how am I all this?

Anyways, months later of the same ordeals, I've finally let this company and this girl get the better of me and I told her off. I was reported to the store director and they asked me resign. I was surprised, after all I went through with this company, they want me to resign for language conduct? I realized the girl just played victim and I said fine.

My manager said that I should not have done so, it was just a ruse to get rid of me because of the company's financial difficulties. She told me I was the best worker she ever had, and will gladly be a professional reference for me. No one who works there
  more... can honestly say they are happy. I also recently found out that in spite of signing leave waivers, they've terminated me anyways. I checked my records, it reads nothing of it, but my manager said that they did.

The company will be closing down over 12 stores this year, there's a strong possibility of a Union Strike next month and I really don't care. All I wanted was to build a retail career. I got treated like a criminal, had my life threaten with butcher knives, and was insulted by a high school drop out, who by the way smokes pot during lunch periods.

Is there any room for the honest, law bidding, tax paying, and educated person in the state of California?
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
management