Albertsons Employee Reviews

Found 1,720 reviews matching the search
Friendly people, long hours.
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, DEFebruary 23, 2016
My typical day at work is a busy fast paced day. i usually close so I assist the customers and clean the deli. As we are short handed at the moment I have to complete tasks alone or work a little late. Management is good, and my co-workers are friendly and nice to work to with.The hardest part of my job would have to be working alone and trying to complete time consuming activities and assist the customers. The most enjoyable part would be meeting new people and learning new skills to help me in life.
Pros
benifits and
Cons
long hours and short staffed
Adequate
Cashier/Night Crew Stocker (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAMarch 4, 2016
Albertsons provided me with an opportunity to supplement my income while facilitating my move to Albuquerque NM. Co-workers, clientele and management were all satisfactory/
Pros
Co-workers, culture
Cons
Pay, benefits
Working for Albertsons........GREAT
Bakery manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 30, 2016
The time spent working for this company probably made what I
am today. If you did a good job, you were given praise. This is something a lot of companies don't do enough of. It help round out my skills and gave me the chance to prove myself as a bakery manager.
Pros
great store directors and mamgement
Cons
wishing they were still in business
I really used to enjoy working at Albertsons.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Caldwell, IDMarch 18, 2016
I enjoy meeting new people on a daily basis, this job has made it hard for me to have a personal life though. I have great co-workers but the management could be better. I am looking for a new and better career that is willing to work with me and allow me to be home with my family as much as possible.
Intense customer contact. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Has great health benefits.
Various positions (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 14, 2016
I transferred through many departments from produce, meat market, bakery, customer service desk and checker. Enjoyed them all.

Checker position was very fast paced. Was rated as 3rd fastest checked in Wichita (6 stores). Cash drawer always balanced.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, unskilled front line management
Dieing Company.
Dairy Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 22, 2016
This place is much like any other Retail Company except there is a lot less job security. They are losing stores and will find reasons to fire the high value workers who have been there for a long time. The management is terrible. On the plus side the coworkers are wonderful people to be with.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Pay, stores closing, bad management.
professional and fun
Stock & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAApril 6, 2016
organize (stock), clean up, and customer service. great place to work around management and employees. also tolerant better communication skills, enjoyable job nothing hard about it
Pros
benefits and great place to work
Cons
schedule changes
A challenge, fast paced and a great learning experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYDecember 16, 2015
On any given day there could be a variety of tasks to accomplish. General up keep of the store sales floor, training new employees, bookkeeping, doing the safe count, resetting the registers, cleaning, organizing, Customer Service in everything you do! Delegating jobs and tasks. Customer or store to store correspondence. Ordering of supplies, and keeping an accurate inventory of them.

Working with others has taught me patience and showed me everyone needs help sometimes and praise for their efforts.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers, they don't care who's mistake it was or how the problem came about, they only want their issue resolved in a timely manner. This was also the most enjoyable part of the job, when you can take and completely change the customers mood and experience by providing them with a timely and agreeable solution to their problem.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
No flexability in work schedule, a little too much over time.
Secure place to work with decent pay.
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR ALBERTSONS DC (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 12, 2015
Very high stress job. Long hours typically 60-70 hours a week. Good pay and benefits. Management staff is professional and are on top of there game. Very good balance and working relationship between departments.
Pros
Go pay and benefits, Open door policy and excellent teamwork
Cons
Long hours, extremely fast paced.
Ok place to work, it's just work.
Bakery decorator (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 18, 2015
Worked here for seven years. Never once felt like they cared about me or any other employee. Was always made to feel nothing was good enough or I didn't do enough. Management feels like they can treat you anyway they want and there is nothing you can do about it . You are 100% replaceable and don't matter to the company. The team moral is non existent. The only thing that kept me there that long was that they have good benefits and the pay was more than I would make doing the same thing somewhere else. I would not recommend them as an employer unless it is just that you need a job or you just want to work.
Pros
Benefits, 401k, pay in some positions
Cons
Being made to feel like nothing is good enough, management, open 365 days a year, they don't care about their employees
Albertsons/Supervalu is challenging, exciting place to work.
Technical Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 1, 2016
Enterprise wide, multi-platform, lan/wan, resident and remote IT environment with great associates to work with and to help. With all of the acquisitions and different systems to blend together it's been a great learning experience. With all of the acquisitions there's been way too much executive turnover not so much with Albertsons but definitely with Supervalu so upper level management directions have changed frequently to include the IT department and that has not been good.
Pros
Great associates, great IT learning experience
Cons
Frequent upper management turnover has caused mixed IT successful results.
Good place to build experience
Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 25, 2016
Typical day involved taking orders from customers, restocking shelves, baking product, answering phone calls, putting away freight, ordering product, and some food preparation. Management was okay, but not the best. If I couldn't resolve a problem, I had absolutely no help or support. When I first started working as a manager, I had no management training, but was expected to know how to run a department. My coworkers were great! Hardest part of the job was balancing my schedule, especially on days that freight arrived. Most weekends I was the baker, opener, and cake decorator because we were short staffed. Management didn't seem to care and offered no help. Most enjoyable part of the job was working weekdays and having a whole team to work with. I learned that, as far as that store goes, you are the only person you can rely on.
Pros
Working with a great department team, good benefits
Cons
Unsupportive management
High pace customer service focused organization.
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA & Dorchester MAFebruary 11, 2016
Full filled HR duties employee assistance and maintained a strong focus on customer service.
Had to adapt to assist a wide variety of individuals with different priorities while at a similar job.
Management focus was different at each level with regard to HR and training metrics.
With over 300 + individuals at a time in two stores you had a cross section of every type of associate. Worked toward trying to assist them where best as possible.
Being part of the process where an individual would be dismissed
Telling a person that they where to be hired, this was especially rewarding if the individual had a handicap and they had a long job search.
Pros
Positive mind set from company and managment.
Cons
Reduction in hours across the organization.
good company to work for
Scan, Deli, Bakery (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 28, 2016
its a good company to work for if you got time to wait for any raises start you at 8.80 an hour and you have to put in 750 hrs to get a raise. Thats a long time trust me.
Productive, active, Fast paced
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVJune 30, 2016
As a courtesy clerk the pace was fairly quick but easily adaptable, I learned how to properly bag groceries, how to stock shelves, clean restrooms, and properly collect shopping carts.
The management was fair and active at times, but others they could be very negative and disrespectful
Most of my co-workers were fairly decent, they did their jobs in a timely manor, some just had issues with attitude
The Hardest part of this job was time management between cleaning restrooms, gathering carts, and handling customers.
The most enjoyable part of this job would have to be the customers.
Pros
Discounted lunch, Three breaks including lunch, and customers
Cons
Cleaning bathrooms, time managment
Excellent company
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 19, 2016
I rapidly advanced throughout the ranks with Albertsons and enjoyed the extensive support giving by the management. Generous sign on bonus and relocation assistance was given. Great training that allowed for personal development.
Pros
Training
Cons
Excellent workers. Drama unbelievable. Not much respect.
Cashier or Checker Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYFebruary 14, 2016
A typical work day consisted of clocking in, figuring out your register for the day and helping your customers with their merchandise. I learned not to take negative advice to keep my chin up and look foreword to that customer that makes your day. Management is not what I looked foreword to everyday the constant judgement picking and choosing who they wanted to pick on that day whether it be your clothes you wore on your day off or something about your lifestyle. The co-workers made my days when it came to work the happiness we all provided for each other and our customers. We supported each other when it came to unfair management. The hardest part of the job was swallowing my comebacks. The most enjoyable part of my job is my customers I had a select few I counted as friends their kindness towards each other and me was the best I could ask for.
Pros
My customers and the Albertson's discount you recieved after three months.
Cons
The negativity. Long periods of standing.
It was the worst
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pahrump, NVMay 23, 2016
I spent my first few days learning what I thought I was supposed to. It turns out the person who trained me had no idea what they were supposed to be teaching me. Four days later, I recieved an evalution (even though I had been told they were done after fifteen days) to which she told me I wasn't working to their expectations. She then proceeded to scold me on how she had informed me (on a day I didn't work) that she told me how to do a certain task. From there on it was scowls and demands from her. They even have a small chart that you have to sign when you do cleans but the clock is ten minutes too fast and it's hard to get things done. The place is beyond disgusting and this is including the bathrooms. The floors are never mopped and it smells horrendous. Besides a few nice employees and patrons, this place isn't worth anyone's time.
Pros
Cons
Ten minute breaks, they require them to do too much at the worst times
Learned valuable lessons and traits
customer service, cashier, retail responsibilities (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAJuly 20, 2016
I worked at 5 different Albertsons during the 6 years, as it is common to be transferred. The schedules were put out on Friday for the next M - Su, so planning anything out and sleep schedules were difficult to do. I liked working in different departments and love customer service. Every location I worked at, I gained valuable friends whom I keep in touch with. A few of them are close friends. Closing or pre-closing were my main shifts.
Pros
Customer Service, valuable work experiences, friends for life
Cons
Schedules an planning
Store Director is extremely prejudice and unfair to employee's!
COURTSEY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAAugust 1, 2016
This store director is extremely unfair and plays favoritism towards his employees does not promote his employees fairly and the way that the union requires him to promote the employees which is by seniority. he would promise his employees promotions before they even deserve them and would keep his managers in the back office to talk about nothing that has to do with work i have caught managers on computers on facebook and other non-work appropriate websites! this place is completely unprofessional!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Albertsons. Our community is ready to answer.