Albertsons Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,696 reviews matching the search
great working enviroment
Helper Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spanaway, WAAugust 30, 2016
Had lots to do on a daily bases and i love all my co-workers we all got a long very well and they made me feel very welcome considering i was the youngest worker they had in the store and i loved the management they never hesitated to tell you if something looked bad but it was always in a good maner and tone.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
always busy no down time but breaks
Service Operation's Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 29, 2016
This was a great company, because they understood work/life balance and also that hard working employees deserve the opportunity to move up. Management was always ready to step in and help educate and there was not a lot of drama.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Work holidays
loved it
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAAugust 29, 2016
i wish i would of made a career out of it. it was the best job i've ever had. the people and customers were great. the days went by so fast and payday was every Friday
benefits
Cons
short hours during the season
Fast paced and productive work environment
FRONT END MANAGER (Former Employee) –  AZAugust 27, 2016
Great company to work for. Management encourages career advancement as well as offers the proper tools and experience needed to advance.
Great Work Enviornment
Service Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 27, 2016
Fun place to work with good people. Management are a tad difficult but once you become a favorite your golden. good food to eat.
Productive workplace
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 27, 2016
I enjoyed my position. It was a seasonal job though. I was always busy and it was very fun because i was able to communicate with multiple different people.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Short breaks
Courtesy Clerk
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAAugust 26, 2016
Conducted price checks for cashiers and service clerks. Ordered and shelved weekly sale items for customers.
Delegated tasks to team members to optimize productivity.
Handled products and equipment in accordance with safety and sanitation guidelines.
Meh
Closing Manager/Key Person (Current Employee) –  Jackson, WYAugust 26, 2016
Hours are all over the place for a manager. Busiest Albertsons I have seen. Wish they paid better for the area, most everyone has two or more jobs.
Good place to build experience
Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 25, 2016
Typical day involved taking orders from customers, restocking shelves, baking product, answering phone calls, putting away freight, ordering product, and some food preparation. Management was okay, but not the best. If I couldn't resolve a problem, I had absolutely no help or support. When I first started working as a manager, I had no management training, but was expected to know how to run a department. My coworkers were great! Hardest part of the job was balancing my schedule, especially on days that freight arrived. Most weekends I was the baker, opener, and cake decorator because we were short staffed. Management didn't seem to care and offered no help. Most enjoyable part of the job was working weekdays and having a whole team to work with. I learned that, as far as that store goes, you are the only person you can rely on.
Pros
Working with a great department team, good benefits
Cons
Unsupportive management
Fun place to work if you have good coworkers, but with management its almost impossible to move up.
Cashier and Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CAAugust 25, 2016
I came into this company as a courtesy clerk: bagging, carts, sweeping, etc. Now, two years later, I am still in the same position and not for lack of work ethic but for lack of opportunity to grow.

Work load is not evenly distributed, more work is given to those who they know will complete it while the others slack off and those who work are not compensated.

Management abuses cheap labor by making courtesy clerks learn and perform as a cashier (actual cashiers get paid more and receive a minimum of 24 hours a week) that way they don't have to compensate us by actually promoting us to a cashier and dignify that by calling us "combos" (combination of cashier and courtesy clerk, but getting paid and receiving the minimum hours of a courtesy clerk which is only 16)

While cashiering, if you want to get paid the higher wage for the xx hours you worked as a cashier you have to write an edit slip that day for that pay.

Additionally, when its busy and I get thrown into a register, the work that was previously scheduled to me as a courtesy clerk (sweeps, carts, bagging, etc) is somehow still my responsibility and we are reprimanded if those don't get done even if the management is the one who took me away from it in the first place.
Pros
work around school schedules, if you're lucky good coworkers
Cons
Open all year(thanksgiving, christmas) Difficult to move up, management uses schedules as discipline, bad hours

Want to know more about Albertsons?

Ask a question
na
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVAugust 24, 2016
Great company to work for but stability with management made some thing difficult but overall things ran smoothly and kept its loyalty of its customers
Fun enviornment with the perfect balance of work and laughter.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Troutdale, ORAugust 24, 2016
Fast paced enjoyable job with room for growth and improvment in the company. The managment was fair with thier employees as well as flexible when it came to working with schedules outside of work.
Pros
snacks available to employees.
Cons
not enough hours.
Great place to start
Deli Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 23, 2016
Albertsons is a great place to get your foot in the door and learn great skills as far as customer service, and in the retail industry. There's always opportunity to for career advancement.
Pros
union
Cons
nothing
Good work place, friendly coworkers
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 19, 2016
Best job I've had, job security is very good, pay raise happens a lot. I went from $8.01/hour to $10.95/hour within 9 months. Its not one of those jobs where you hate waking up everyday and you hate your life when you arent working. Very easy to leave work behind and live your own life.
Pros
Breaks, time in a half after 8 hour shifts, benifits, security
Cons
Lack of discipline towards employees makes it hard to get rid of bad coworkers
Loved the managers
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 19, 2016
I loved this job, I was a day time stocker. I regret leaving this company for better pay at HEB overnight. Loved it great managers
Cons
Low pay
Friendly work environment with great customer service
General Merchandise Clerk/Premade (Current Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAAugust 18, 2016
Albertsons is a great company to work for with many opportunities to grow within the company. The company offers a variety assistance to employees and their families if needed, such as education, good programs etc..
Pros
The company rewards their employees with gift cards and or company put luck's or BBQ.
Cons
there should be more store locations.
Friendly Atmosphere
DELI ATTENDANT/COURTESY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 17, 2016
I started out helping at the deli. I would help prepare and package food. After a month, the management decided to have me help bag groceries as well. These would be taken to your car if needed. I learned about food preparation and interpersonal communication.

The managers were friendly, helpful and fun. The downside was being laid off after three months. There was a problem with having enough staff. It was fun to work there.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Short staffing
good company
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 17, 2016
I had worked for Alberstons in the mid 90's I just move to Fla and have got a job started at the customer service booth and end up working in the pharmacy dept.
Pros
good people
Cons
Nice and hard working people
Cashier/ Grocery clerk (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAAugust 17, 2016
This was a great job to have. The only reason I quit was to find a higher paying job. I would go back in a heartbeat if they offered. The people were fun loving and hard working.
Cons
No fridge
Under new managment
Mechanic/Electrician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 17, 2016
A lot of mistakes in scheduling and new productions workers are causing the company to struggle. Since Albertson has taken over, their management team is changing the process.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Albertsons. Our community is ready to answer.