Albertsons Employee Reviews

Found 2,351 reviews matching the search
A great part-time job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 19, 2017
I was guaranteed full time when i started through the changes in management I have been reduced to part-time and only receive 20 hours per week, I lost my insurance and benefits. I am having to look for either a second part-time job or a job to replace this one. It's great if you're in school and only need a few hours a week. If you need a full time job and don't want a position in management, I wouldn't recommend it.
COURTESY CLERK (Current Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAAugust 19, 2017
I have worked at Albertson's for a year as a Courtesy Clerk. I return carts to the store from the parking lot, help bag groceries for the customers, sweep, return stock to the shelves and any other duties asked of me by my supervisor. The only reason I am looking for a new position is that the store in my town in closing and the nearest one is too far to commute while attending high school.
Pros
work around my school schedule and get an employee discount
Cons
they work you 4 hours and 15 minutes so you get a 15 minute break, It isn't part of the 4 hours you work.
Busy Company
fresh made (Current Employee) –  Paso Robles, CAAugust 18, 2017
This particular store is very fast paced and can be overwhelming. I usually enjoy the fast pace but the lack of recognition makes it hard to enjoy my job. I have been with the company 3 years and no sign of any advancement in sight.
Grocery Store
Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 18, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. great staff and management.
I learned alot. they have a lot of areas to excel.
Safe ans clean environment. They pride themselves in customer service.
Fun place
Cashier/Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXAugust 17, 2017
A typical day at Albertsons would require you to be focused, looking busy, and being on task at the job. You could goof around only when it was slow. Sometimes you would have to do another job, however they would only pay you for the job you were hired as. The hardest part of this job was when it was busy. You had to keep up with all the customers and even listen to them rant about how poorly the store is doing. Though that's what you enjoy. Just talking to a customer having a legitimate conversation with them while you check them out. Overall Albertsons is a great place to work at.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Payment unfair
Stressful
Dairy, Frozen and Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 16, 2017
They Will Be Closing My Store so. And They Will Not Transfer Any to other Stores They Have No Position Open In The Area.
IT Is Hard To Move Up To Cutthroat. Work 3 Departments, They Keep Cutting The Hours Every Week, So Getting 40 Is No more.
28 To 32 Hours Is The Best There .
Decent for a first job
FRONT END CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Gallup, NM 87301August 16, 2017
A typical day at work for a cashier is lots of fun. You get to meet new people and talk to frequent customers. I learned a lot from being a cashier, especially multitasking. Not really good management there, schedule goes by seniority which means you get all the closing or cheap hours. The pay there is good, could be better but the most enjoyable part of the job is weekly pay, really comes in handy.
Pros
Discounts, weekly pay
Cons
Short breaks, scheduling, management is not understanding or lenient.
Its a nice place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 16, 2017
It's a good place to work for, depending on the hours you work. It's not a hard place to work for. The customers are really nice and so is management.
Pros
Envorment
Cons
Pay
Albertsons was a great place to work.
Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Orchard, WAAugust 15, 2017
When I was a manager in the bakery at Albertsons, I was responsible for up to nine employees. I wrote their schedules; ordered product; inventoried that product and found our gross profit quarterly.
Pros
It was a great store to work for
Cons
The store I was working in unfortunately closed.
Great for high scool not much else
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 15, 2017
hot summers, no benefits, and no respect. but if you can stand it its a pretty chill job that pays ok for that level of experience. i was next in line to be promoted but they didn't and that's why i left
Great For First Job
Liquor Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 15, 2017
It is a great job for teens or anyone that needs a side job. The hours were not much but if your going to school it is great. The workplace environment is very relaxed. It can get stressful during holidays.
Pros
Great team and environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Ok
Store Director - meat manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2017
First job moved up quickly not very friendly upper management. Things my have changed now. Good pay for the times. Not a big fan of the company. Not sure what it's like now.
Fast pace
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 14, 2017
A typical day at work is stressful because everyday you don't know whether or not you will have an easy or hard day with the manager. A typical day will be finishing your duties and making sure you keep the store nice and clean and getting all carts inside the store. The hardest part of the job would be pushing carts on a hot summer day. No matter if you are a female or a male, they will keep you in the sun till the parking to is nice and clean. The most enjoyable part of the job would be break time because you get paid on your breaks. Most of the time, it is difficult to juggle everything at once especially if the management is unfair and biases on races.
Productive and fun place to work
night cashier (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LA Bossier city, LaAugust 14, 2017
I started in Shreveport store and eventually transferred to Bossier store. My job responabilities were Running register , closing and reopening store at night , stocking.
Pros
Fun, Great co workers
great costumer service
courtesy clerk (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAAugust 13, 2017
love helping customers and problem solving love helping people figure out their problems and making them better. Satisfying costumers with meeting their needs
Pros
getting to grow
Cons
n/a
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, TXAugust 13, 2017
Bagged and scanned groceries , I learned discipline and the management was nice, the culture was relaxed. The hardest part was being on my feet all day and best part was it was easy work.
Pros
Easy
Cons
low pay
Fast paced
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAAugust 12, 2017
Great job! I was the Loss Prevention Agent at the store and I would interact with employees and customers, over see all cash handling,all audits, vendor/receiving.
Albertsons's summary
Service Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 12, 2017
Albertson's was always a busy workplace. Time went by quick and every now and then there was help on the job regarding co-workers. Albertson's has better quality than Walmart regarding the service deli, if I were to choose in between going back to Walmart or Albertson's I would choose Albertson's. It has much more work productivity.
fast paced stressful work place
Curtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Casa de Oro-Mount Helix, CAAugust 11, 2017
always running around always asked to stay longer then assigned time poor management due to lack of people skills of head one manger and my head manager
great work environment
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 11, 2017
Learned how to be a team player by working with other's.Loved working closely with the public.I looked forward to my shifts because I knew I would meet someone interesting.
Pros
great customer's, nice co-workers, team player's
Cons
job advancement slow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Albertsons. Our community is ready to answer.