Albertsons
1,198 reviews

Albertsons Employer Reviews

Not the best..
Service Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 28, 2015
Management at my store was harsh with employees. Never did they look to improve team morale, just viewed and expressed the things you did wrong.
Perfect Job, poor management
Fresh-Cut Department Associate (Former Employee), Belgrade, MTMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Working with fresh produce
Cons: Poor management attitude
I started as a produce stocker but was offered a job in the "Fresh-Cut Program." As a produce stocker, my duty was to fill up the displays that had been picked through and bought down throughout the day by customers. Refilling what had been bought. In the Fresh-Cut department, I handled the inventory for the two refrigerated retail displays. First, plastic containers needed to be kept track of and ordered for stocking. A constant supply of fruits and vegetables needed to be cut and hand-prepped to fill the plastic containers. The two refrigerated cases had designated areas for each item. Whether it was cut watermelon, canteloupe, strawberries, etc. They all had several different sizes and prices for each. The fruits and vegetables would be hand-prepped, divided into their containers, labelled based on size and weight and then carted to the displays. There were about 64 different options altogether. I learned the basics of keeping an inventory and purchase projection. The management was very unforgiving when it came to any sort of discrepancy and even though the projections were educated guess-work, expected little to no waste. My co-workers were great, but we were understaffed and this caused a great deal of stress for them and myself. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the demand and trying to project the days sales based on previous sales. It was an imperfect system. The most enjoyable part of the job was the independence it offered the majority of the time.
A busy day
Cashier (Current Employee), Garland,TXMarch 26, 2015
Cons: short breaks
A typical busy day would be checking out a lot of customers and helping them find things in the store. I have learned all the different numbers for produce. I get along with a few of my co-workers. The hardest part of working at Albertsons in when there are a lot of people at the cash registers and none of the managers come to help us with the crowd. The most enjoyable part is when we aren't that busy and can stock the shelves.
Productive and fun workplace
GENERAL MERCHANDISER (Current Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 26, 2015
Everyday when I get to work, everyone is always smiling, or laughing with the customers. My co-workers were really good to work with, some not so much but overall everyone was nice and fun to work with. The hardest part of my job was when it would get to busy, it would be hard to catch up. The best part of it all was doing with your friends and having customers tell you how great your doing or how much you really helped them.
Excellent starting job with flexible hours.
Service Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours. Willing to hire with no experience. Excellent management.
Cons: Hectic shifts some weeks.
A typical day of work at Albertsons as a supervisor was functionally the same as being a cashier until cashiers or customers had questions, or issues arose. I scanned & bagged groceries, ensured customer satisfaction, dealt with issues as they arose & assigned daily duties, breaks and lunches as needed.

Working retail helped me improve my patience, time management, people skills and prioritization.

The management at Albertsons was exceptional. I had the most experience working with and talking to the store director and front end supervisor, both of whom are exceptionally polite, patient, experienced and friendly people. The other service supervisors were also, with little exception, very knowledgeable and friendly.

The majority of my coworkers were also fantastic people. There were a few exceptions, almost all of whom have left the company for varying reasons.

The hardest part of the job, initially, was getting used to the varying hours. Some nights I would work until the store closed and come back the next morning to open. This, however, was not the norm, and generally I worked similar shifts throughout the week.

The best parts of the job were seeing the results of good customer service. Some regular customers would come almost exclusively through my line and knew me by name.
Okay place to start
Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Denton, TXMarch 23, 2015
Pros: decent benefits and friendly coworkers
Cons: not much in job advancement or raises
Albertsons is a good place to work as far as retail grocery stores are concerned. There is not much room for advancement within the company and there is a salary cap without any cost of living raises.
Positive and fast paced environment.
Service Deli Representative (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: i got to work with people and put smiles on our customers faces.
Cons: that the bathrooms were so far from my department.
I would arrive and jump right in, there was always something to be done. I learned how to be more of a leader and to manage my time correctly to finish tasks on time. The hardest part of the job was closing by myself, but I looked at it as a challenge and love to work under pressure. The most enjoyable part of this job was that I got to work with people and provide excellent customer service.
Challenging position and enjoyable staff
Scan Coordinator (Former Employee), Richland, WAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: overnight shift requirement
I lead a small staff of 3 employees that I thoroughly enjoyed and I felt they worked very hard for me.

I learned the ins and outs of pricing within a large grocery chain.

The most challenging part of my job was the one day a week that I was required to work an overnight shift. Not that is was physically challenging but the fact that it was only one day just made it difficult to get back into a decent sleep pattern.

I enjoyed the physicality of the position, I was always on the move.
Very good company to work for
Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Spokane Valley, WAMarch 19, 2015
The employees at Albertsons are all very sweet, and caring. They make sure their customers leave with a good attitude and try their hardest to keep them coming back.
manage the Frozen Food department
Manager (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMarch 19, 2015
under direction of the store director run the day to day operation of the frozen food department, ordering product, stocking product, making sure the department was always ready for the customer to shop.
pruductive fun
Food Service Specialist (Current Employee), Burbank, CAMarch 16, 2015
come in keep busy i learned alot and expanded my knowledge management is awesome love them all great place to work especially co workers and customers hardest part would be getting work done at he end of the day but then the enjoyable is working with great people and see great customers i love it
Nice place for customer service.
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 16, 2015
Pros: they teach you a lot about customer service.
Cons: remembering all the fruit and vegetable codes.
A typical day of work would be be me watching over the self service registers. i learned how to work a register. Management was nice and worked with your school schedule. Co-workers were very nice and helpful. Hardest part of the job was remembering all the fruit and vegetable codes. I enjoyed the customer service and how nice customers would be to you.
Little room for advancement
Front End Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaMarch 13, 2015
Pros: having regulars, people are generally happy, decent pay
Cons: mismanagement, terrible union
Albertsons has been through many transitions with different parent companies over the last ten years and despite the frequent changing there are little opportunities for advancement. Work is pretty straightforward as it revolves around customer service and ensuring the guests are happy. Most of the people I've worked with in various locations are very good people and truly enjoy their jobs. The main problem I've seen at several stores and at the district level is that they don't hire very competent or educated management. This was the most difficult thing for me, having almost a masters level education and still working for people who only graduated high school. The fact that none of the people above will respect you for your education is extremely disengaging.
Difficult environment,Low pay
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXMarch 12, 2015
Pros: weekly pay, friendly coworkers
Cons: working outside, low pay
I loved working with customers and helping them to their car and also loved my co-workers, in my opinion they made the day go by much quicker. I was paid weekly which I had no problem with. The management was okay, I felt favoritism with the workers who'd been there longer, there was more leniency with them and management.However at Albertson's I worked outside in the Texas sun during the weekends no matter the weather, which I did not like. The pay was extremely low for someone working outside in the sun.
One of the best comapnies ive worked for
Courtesy Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 12, 2015
Pros: llunch/break on time, and vacation pay.
Cons: having to push carts in 90 degree weather
Albertsons was a great first job and learning experience for me. Working there taught me life lessons outside of work. I learned to always be on time and 100% true to your company and costumers and give 100% great service no matter what. Management was great always did the best for everyone in a equally matter and made sure you went on your break/lunch on time and clocked in clocked out on time. Co-workers were awesome everyone got along and helped each other as a team. Hardest part was you always had to be fast and persistent when the store was busy 24/7. Most enjoyable was always interacting with people and getting to know some regular costumers.
External Communications Manager (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAMarch 11, 2015
I learned a great deal about the grocery retail industry at this company. The team is hard working and good at sharing their skill and knowledge to those new in the business. I thoroughly enjoyed my 11 year association with them.
fun workplace,had parties
Deli Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COMarch 10, 2015
Pros: free snacks
Cons: the smell
typical day at work was good,what i learned was how to take care of the elderly,management, was great,my co-workers were awesome,hardest part of the job was getting their clothes done on time,enjoyable part was getting to know them.
Wonderful coworkers, quick and thorough training for the required jobs, kept busy with tasks and customers so always a good time.
BUTCHER BLOCK SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Tacoma WAMarch 10, 2015
Every day it was required if you were an opener, to arrange all the display cases, check the date of the product and replace what was necessary, make hourly announcements on ongoing sales or deals on the product, make fresh salads and other goods to be baked, cleaning and sanitizing of the entire area floors included, waiting on customers, restocking product in the bins outside the butcher block area, and finally tear down and cleaning of all surfaces making sure as everything is prepared for the next shift to be as easy as possible for whoever was working.I learned many new recipes, as well as what it takes to run an effective butcher block, and create appeasing display cases. I was also blessed to have amazingly sweet and thoughtful coworkers.
Hard Work!
Deli Associate (Current Employee), SpokaneMarch 9, 2015
I loved working here, everyone is very nice and helpful. I learned that just doing the bare minimum wont get you anywhere, you have to work hard and do the best you can. The management was okay, they often didn't schedule enough people which made it very hard to get everything done in your shift without going over your shift! The hardest part of this job was how busy it would get, you could make a full batch of chicken to have to go make another one 5 minutes later. It makes it especially difficult when you're by yourself and you have to put a batch in the fryer! However, all my co-workers were very hard workers and the customers were all very nice! The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and hearing their stories of their travels or their days!
Good work environment
SERVICE CLERK (Former Employee), Gallup, NMMarch 9, 2015
Pros: calm work environment
Cons: at the time was low paying and low hours
Nice managers and employees. The best part of the job was opening and starting the day, stocking, zoning, cleaning and speaking with gusts.

1 2 3 4 5

About Albertsons

Call it the incredible shrinking grocery chain. Albertson's LLCĀ runs about 190 Albertsons supermarkets in Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, – Read more

Albertsons Photos