Albertsons Employee Reviews

management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 15, 2018
I was super stoked about working with the company at first, but then management, was rude and wouldn't schedule me would choose favorites and not give me hours at all. (I was a newbie so I didn't think I did anything to deserve that.)
Pros
great company
Cons
no hours/rude staff
Great engagement with customers.
Store Director (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 15, 2018
The company was a great place to work until the CEO retired. The new CEO was focused on different values than previous administration. He began selling sections of the company.
Pros
Pay and advancement opportunities.
Cons
Work life balance and lack of stability.
A Fun work evironment
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDFebruary 14, 2018
a typical day at Albertsons in you will be getting cars, bagging groceries and helping customers. i learned to be a dependable person. management is great. my bossed are great to work with. the hardest part of the job is the different types of season you have to be out in to get cart but the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with people that are very nice and easy to get along with.
Pros
work evironment
Cons
short breaks
No answer
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Troutdale, ORFebruary 14, 2018
Choose Not To Answer At This Time!!! I refuse to answer any more of these questions as they could be detrimental to me and possibly be a detriment to obtaining another job period..
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Management!!
Fun place to work and gain social skills
FRONT END CASHIER (Current Employee) –  DeSoto, TXFebruary 14, 2018
Fun place to work and gain basic social skills and cash handling, if positions is considering the front end. Also you will gain the knowledge about important guideline on food material.
Bad experience, don't work there
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDFebruary 13, 2018
The job itself is okay. Expectations include restocking shelves, moving pallets, taking deliveries, etc. The management is garbage. The previous night stock team was 2 guys who had been doing that job for 20 years. They moved to other positions in the company and they hired two people to replace them. They expected us to work with the same speed and acuity of the previous team, despite having no experience, and the managers were constantly fighting about who was in charge of what.
Pros
mostly working alone
Cons
short breaks
Albertsons is a good place to work at.
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAFebruary 13, 2018
I enjoy my co-workers. I am looking for something that I can grow in that has the skills that I can utilize and Albertsons doesn't have the opportunities that I am looking for.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
I didn't get the appropriate training and would like something more with technology.
Friendly people to work with
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87121February 13, 2018
I have been at Albertsons since 2012. My overall experience has been good. My coworkers are very nice. The management has been ok, they could have been better. I just enjoy working with my coworkers they make that place easier to work out.
Challenging yet rewarding
Assistant Meat Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 12, 2018
Working for Albertsons Co. has been challenging yet very rewarding. The grocery business it's very competitive and with added competition comes challenges to gain market share. We have to be very creative, inventive and passionate about everything we do in order to gain customer confidence.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
made a lot of great friends,
Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAFebruary 12, 2018
union membership was the reason for job security , advancement and wages. years ago only men got the full time positions I'm sure its changed now. overall I had a great 5 years
Pros
locations all over, pay and benifits
Cons
weekend work
Good Job
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 12, 2018
It was too long ago and Albertsons has changed management a few times since I have worked there. It was a good place to work at the time. I really liked it
Learning about the bakery industry
Supervisor, Front End Bakery (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAFebruary 12, 2018
Primary functions was keeping fresh baked goods on the shelves and pulling the stale dates.I decorated cakes for customers.My manager was burnt out and made for a poor work environment and a fast turn around.
Pros
Always easy to buy groceries
Cons
poor management
productive fun work place
Customer service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Over all good experience working at Albertsons. Management and other staff members are all very helpful and kind. Flexible with working with you and your schedule and always willing to teach staff with any area they're struggling in.
Productive with nice coworkers
Courtesy clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Orchard, WA 98366February 12, 2018
Was a nice place to work. Days were usually pretty good, had a good routine, people from other departments were willing to help wherever they could. Hardest part of the job was rude customers but they were honestly few and far between.
Pros
Helping customers, most all of them very greatful
Cons
not enough hours
Albertson's is a good place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 11, 2018
This store is a good start up job definitely if you are in El Paso, The pay is low here in El Paso. The people are friendly and they will work with your availability.
Pros
employee discounts
Staff and Work
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAFebruary 11, 2018
A typical day consist of just checking in equipment, amd basically just picking orders. The job itself was great, but as far as management this place could use some help. I feel theres noone to talk to or have confidentiality with since most management and HR are somehow related.The superintendent yelled at me for no reason insisting i was taking a 45 min. break which made no sense without getting necessary facts before approaching me. The superintendent was in any way no help, and insisted on a standard for selection which was way off and not acurate.
Pros
Great money, friendly workers
Cons
staff, Cold
10 years working for them, they cut hours in half.
Service Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mill Creek, WAFebruary 9, 2018
Once we merged with safeway, my hours were cut in half. And my title was taken away. The people I worked with were the reason I worked there for so long.
Pros
Awesome co workers
Cons
Micro managing store directors, no postitive words only negative, many more.
not a fun place
Baker Associate (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZFebruary 9, 2018
management did not do their job correctly, best part was being in bakery for the sweets, worked nights and weekends, not good, mamager always gave time to others, left work messy for others to clean up, nice thing about her was smile, co-workers nice to work with , distance to house was close
Pros
close to home, weekly pay
Cons
cleaning up others mess
i loved working at this company they were always fair i always got paid on time i love this company
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 9, 2018
i loved working for this company they were always fair they welcomed me with open arms they always paid me on time i never had a single problem working with this company
Great People
Lobby Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Albertsons was a great place to work with great people and customers. Worked up from a bagger to lobby dept to Lobby Supervisor. Helped customers with checking out movies, buying candy, batteries and various items that we had socked into the Lobby Dept.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Albertsons. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K