Albuquerque Job Corps Center

Albuquerque Job Corps Center Employer Reviews

Job Corps
Food service team member (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 5, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, lunch, dinners, bi-weekly pay
Cons: short breaks, not organized company, education no good
Job Corps is a good place, but they are not organized, security is bad, staff is not friendly
everybody got on everybodys nerves
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 20, 2014
Pros: pay was good
Cons: company did not stay pleasent for long
most enjoyed leaving at the end of the day.
management always angry.
what I learned, quite a bit.
co-workers helped out a lot.
hardest part of the job, understanding the hire ups, they never say what they mean
It was a great work experience. All my instructors were very friendly and educational.
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch and board. helpful instructors. self paced environment. educational instructors
Cons: short breaks. younger age groups. living enviornment drama.
I worked everyday at a self-fast pace area. I got plenty of work done on my own. I was self motivated and gathered more interpersonal skills with team mates. I got hands on training with secretarial work. I greatly enjoyed the environment.
An opportunity to make a difference.
Career Instructor (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: an opportunity to make a difference
Cons: i drive 200 miles round trip a day to job site
Arrive and be in classroom before 7:45 a.m.; teach, tutor, and test students, with an opportunity myself to learn a myriad of cultures and help a lot of developing minds. Management is young and developing as well; coworkers pull together for the benefit of the students. The hardest parts of the job are long hours and relatively low salary as compared – more... to other teaching positions, and with few benefits:year round with relatively little time off, we work through holidays, summers, with 10 hours accumulative leave time per month to be used for sick/vacation/annual leave. The most enjoyable part of the position is the pride you see in the faces of those completing their HS and/or GED and those graduating from trade school and getting their first real job. – less
Welding Program
Welder (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 12, 2012
Pros: great teachers in welding, and siatech charter school
Cons: living in the dorms
The Instructor's are very knowldedgable and skilled at the trades they teach. This program has much to offer new students interested in learning all kinds of welding skills.
Case Management Clerk (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 27, 2012
I worked at the Albuquerque Job Corps Center for nearly 20 years and I enjoyed my time there.