Albuquerque Job Corps Center Employee Reviews

Visual signs to change a life.
Numeracy Teacher (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 13, 2015
While teaching math you are able to help students decide their careers and good moral habits,
Classroom management consistency is a problem.
Pleasing all management because objectives change for each department.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
non communicative management
Excellence!!
Office Administration (Outreach and Admission) (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 28, 2015
It was a challenge. Cause all the pre-applicants I've spoke and explain how Albuquerque Job Corps. Answering phones calls was pretty fun and how they can finish there education
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks, Great Pre-Applicants
Productive and fun work place.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 18, 2015
I enjoyed working at Albuquerque Job Corps. The management and co-workers were great. I miss my friends there, but at APS I'm receiving a pension for retirement, and am making new friends. I learned light plumbing, drywall, electrical, and carpentry work.
Pros
Great place to work.
Needs improvement
Case Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 19, 2015
Working with Albuquerque Job Corps there were a lot of students that needed guidance which I felt they never really received. They were just a number. Employees made almost nothing in salary, it was a very tough environment to work in.
Rewarding
Independent Living Advisor (ILA) (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 15, 2014
Monitor the safety and security of student dormitories. Supervised students in the age range of 16-24 years old. Teach and model appropriate social skills. Facilitate group discussions; demonstrated excellent communication and problem-solving skills, and capability to respond quickly under pressure. Work and interact with students on a daily basis. Maintained accurate and up-to-date recorders of student personal/social development plan. Maintained student accountability including the completion of relevant records and reports.
Job Corps
Food service team member (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 5, 2014
Job Corps is a good place, but they are not organized, security is bad, staff is not friendly
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, dinners, bi-weekly pay
Cons
short breaks, not organized company, education no good
everybody got on everybodys nerves
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 20, 2014
most enjoyed leaving at the end of the day.
management always angry.
what I learned, quite a bit.
co-workers helped out a lot.
hardest part of the job, understanding the hire ups, they never say what they mean
Pros
pay was good
Cons
company did not stay pleasent for long
It was a great work experience. All my instructors were very friendly and educational.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 10, 2014
I worked everyday at a self-fast pace area. I got plenty of work done on my own. I was self motivated and gathered more interpersonal skills with team mates. I got hands on training with secretarial work. I greatly enjoyed the environment.
Pros
free lunch and board. helpful instructors. self paced environment. educational instructors
Cons
short breaks. younger age groups. living enviornment drama.
An opportunity to make a difference.
Career Instructor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 7, 2014
Arrive and be in classroom before 7:45 a.m.; teach, tutor, and test students, with an opportunity myself to learn a myriad of cultures and help a lot of developing minds. Management is young and developing as well; coworkers pull together for the benefit of the students. The hardest parts of the job are long hours and relatively low salary as compared to other teaching positions, and with few benefits:year round with relatively little time off, we work through holidays, summers, with 10 hours accumulative leave time per month to be used for sick/vacation/annual leave. The most enjoyable part of the position is the pride you see in the faces of those completing their HS and/or GED and those graduating from trade school and getting their first real job.
Pros
an opportunity to make a difference
Cons
i drive 200 miles round trip a day to job site
Welding Program
Welder (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 12, 2012
The Instructor's are very knowldedgable and skilled at the trades they teach. This program has much to offer new students interested in learning all kinds of welding skills.
Pros
great teachers in welding, and siatech charter school
Cons
living in the dorms

Want to know more about Albuquerque Job Corps Center?

Ask a question
Case Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 27, 2012
I worked at the Albuquerque Job Corps Center for nearly 20 years and I enjoyed my time there.