Alcami Corporation Employee Reviews

Not a place for veterans.
Operations Project Scheduler II (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 31, 2017
I have never worked under a supervisor like this before. She was the most negative and manipulative person I have ever met. She had nothing positive to say about past military careers and said we all had horrible personalities. I would never recommend for any of my fellow veterans to work there.
Fast paced environment. Not for the idle minded.
SciSystems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Germantown, WIDecember 5, 2016
Great opportunity to learn a lot, because there is a lot that needs to be done.

Co-workers are great. Very helpful and respectful.

High level of multitasking required to perform daily tasks.

Be willing to do the job you signed up for, and at least another entirely separate job you didn't sign up for.

Company is headed in the right direction though, just need more help and a culture change. Culture change is ongoing.
Pros
Professional Growth
Cons
Overworked/Underpaid
Worked in the maintenance dept. through a temp service. After 6 months without a job offer from Alcami I went some where else.
Manufacturing Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 21, 2016
Did general maintenance (painting, replacing light bulb and ceiling tiles) Complete work orders in a timely manner. There was my supervisor, myself (working through a temp service) and one other maintenance guy. This guy had issues. He would get vary angry at times and throw things. He's yelled at me over the phone then hangs up. I told my boss about 2 of the times because I was with a vendor and they could hear him yelling over the phone.
After six months and still no job offer from Alcami Corporation I found a different job with better pay and great benefits. The temp service I worked for was a big help by finding me a job and setting up the interview. In my opinion the maintenance dept is just over-head at this facility for Alcami.
Pros
Getting a pay check. Being employed
Cons
No benefits or a since of job security.
Management is horrible
Manufacturing Tech II (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 8, 2016
I worked for this company almost 5 years. When I first started it was pretty nice but a lot of things they did were not what I used to coming from a previous pharmaceutical company. The sop's are poorly written and they are slow to change them. Training was pretty horrible as well; if you are lucky enough to get trained by someone knowledgeable you will survive if you have previous pharma skills. Most of the employees are great to work with. The turnover is to high which causes plenty of errors because you constantly have new people. The management is not really concerned with their teams it's all about profit and production.
Pros
Got to work with some pretty nice people
Cons
Management is horrible
n/a
Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 30, 2016
On the downside,the company is large and therefore it takes a long time toRockwell Automation is a good, professional organization that treats their employees fairly.

As a large company there are many opportunities to further your career. make decisions than in a small company.
No easy to deal with the administration.
Packaging Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 2, 2016
when I do a very good job nobody care. I did my best without any help. .I liked, but they let me go. easy job. clean place to work.
Pros
I make good freind
Cons
Administration
long days with overloading amount of work
Chemistry Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 1, 2016
long days with overloading amount of work. Supervisors do not help out. Most of the staff is friendly. Smal company with many with a majority of indian staff.
Bottom Line and Nothing Else
Operator (Current Employee) –  GermantownApril 7, 2016
The only concern the company has is the bottom line. Everything is broken down in a tangible numeric value. If the numeric value isn't making money for the company it is gone, same concept applies to people.
No work-life balance. No formal or even informal training provided. Poor management direction provided. Employees are motivated through fear and intimidation, there is little value given towards personnel causing an extremely high turn over rate.

The only good thing is that they pay fairly well but expect to be on call 24\7.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Unskilled, unprofessional, inadequate, and stressful management. Makes for a hostile/threatening work environment.
Great organization with great people
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 5, 2016
I would recommend AAIPharma Services Corp. as a outstanding place to work.

Out of all the organizations I have worked it has by far the best workforce. I have never worked with a more dedicated, supportive and overall great group of people.
Some company incentives. No chance for career advacement and work overload.
Associate Scientist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 3, 2015
There is little chance for advancement in career. Company offers some fun times but at the end of the event makes you think why you haven't received a raise.
AAI Pharma
Associate Scientist (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSOctober 13, 2015
I enjoyed the opportunity to work at AAI Pharma and to learn how to establish experimental protocols for clinical trials testing. I appreciated my coworkers' enthusiasm and involvement in our studies and appreciated the camaraderie.
Its a Job
Instrumentation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 28, 2015
Be happy with life and never let a job consume you. I work 10-12 hours a day and have been doing so for almost 3 years. Never received a bonus or a raise.
Pros
Its in Wilmington
Cons
Zero compensation, understaffed, overworked, under paid for responsibilities
Ok Work environment
Special Projects & Strategic Initiative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 28, 2015
AAI is getting top heavy, and the 4th quarter forecast is not looking good. Upper management doesn't look out for it's employees.
Poor Quality Systems, Very difficult place to work, lacks proper leadership
Associate Director of Validation (Former Employee) –  Germantown WIJune 7, 2015
Cambridge Major Laboratories lack proper leadership. Of the 6 quality systems, there isn't one system that meets cGMP requirements. Equipment maintenance is poor or non existing.
A formal system for bringing new projects on board does not exist. This hinders the quality output for meeting customer needs and cGMP compliance for operation of the plant.
Rush, Rush, Rush
Compliance Auidtor (Current Employee) –  St. LouisMay 4, 2015
Little career development opportunites. Very focused on the revenue. More concerned about the bottom line versus quality. Expect to work weekends.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare benefits, work-life balance
Senior Scientist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 2, 2014
The company is a fine place to work. However the job market in the area is difficult for members of my family.
Long regular weekly hours, stress, compensation low compared to industry standards.
Associate Scientist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 26, 2014
Deliberately keeping a skeleton crew in place leads to high profits for shareholders, but for the employees- high stress and burn out, regular long hours and weekend work, the requirement of uncompromising and utter devotion to the company, and a generally unsatisfying lifestyle.
There is a lack of long term investment in personnel.
The overall culture of the company is strong, outside of the executive level. The staff include many good people.
There are personnel available with strong knowledge of methods/practices, and there are relatively well developed SOP's and procedures, as to be expected for a company of it's size and longevity.
The compensation is better than average for the area of the country, but much lower than industry standards.
Pros
Good people, relatively well developed SOP's and procedures, compensation is strong for area of country
Cons
Regular long hours and weekend work, high stress, lack of long term investment in personnel, low compensation compared to industry standards
Typical Day
Senior Material Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 11, 2014
Primary job description is ordering, receiving, sampling, storing, dispensing and shipping or distributing raw, intermediate or finished drug or drug products and components.
ok
SENIOR TECH (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 5, 2014
AAI is a good place to work for the entry level pharmaceutical technician
Great company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 9, 2013
A great company to work for. AAIPharma taught me so much about the industry. The executive management was extremely knowledgeable. As a leader in pharmaceutical testing, the workload was heavy. I enjoyed and embraced the fast paced work environment.
Pros
Co-workers, benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alcami Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9