Alcatel

Alcatel Employer Reviews

I did my internship, good place to learn and work.
Network Engineer Co-op, IPD Team (Former Employee), Westford, MASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: work and experience
Cons: office with no cafeteria and was half empty and scary
I worked in Westford office, since downsize took place in that office, office was empty, though work was good, the environment seemed lonely and couldnt enjoy the work as a team.
good benefits, room for advancement, loyal staff
Supervisor (Former Employee), Andover, MASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: excellent employee recogniton, above average compensation
Learned many things while working for this company, started as a production associate , advanced through the years to a transportation associate and then to a supervisory program and promotion to supervisor in 1995.Management was very helpful with mentoring and women had good support from their peers in management. .

The hardest part of the job was – more... not always being able to spend enough time one on one with employees. There was time for large group meetings but not always the informal chat.

The most enjoyable part of the job was accomplishing our goals as a team and being recognized by management in that manner. – less
Network Engineer
Network Engineer (Current Employee), Plano, TXAugust 29, 2014
Pros: nice working environment
Cons: night shift
Alcatel Lucent 7750's and 7705's. Cisco routers 6900. MPR, CNM 8000, SAM 5620. IPSEC, Ethernet, Frame Relay. maintenance, troubleshooting, administration.
Overall below average
Senior Manager-Bell Labs Research and IPS CFO (Current Employee), Murray Hill, New JerseyAugust 16, 2014
There are good points and bad points. My direct manager is wonderful. There is a good balance between job work and family issues. The job security is very poor whereas they are outsourcing a significant piece of the finance group.
I left with a generous buy-out offer
SCST- Senior Communications Systems Technician (Former Employee), customer premisesAugust 13, 2014
Pros: best job ever, hard to leave.
Cons: long hours and long stays away from home
As technologies changed, my training was updated. I was never layed off in 27yrs. Our union CWA, never had a strike.
Overall work environment was good
Construction / Quality Assurances Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2014
Pros: able to work from home
Cons: slow on information
Good hours, low stress, telecommunicating from home all Pros for this company
Associate RF Engineer (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 11, 2014
• 5+ Experience in the field of UMTS/LTE network Optimization and testing.
• Experience in Modem (Voice, Data and Concurrency), Connectivity (WLAN and Bluetooth) and Concurrency testing in baseband processors.
• Experience in debugging and troubleshooting of Android and Windows platforms.
• Experience in 1x, EVDO and LTE protocols and regression and – more... stress testing
• Experience working with Actix spotlight. Analysis of coverage, pilot pollution, missing neighbor and event explorer.
• Good understanding of KPI in cluster and market acceptance both in loaded and unloaded configurations. – less
Software Testing
Software Development Engineer IV (Former Employee), Plano TexasJuly 29, 2014
Alcatel was a good place to learn about telephony and protocol testing.
Decent place to work if you are young.
Telecommunications Network Architect/Engineer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2014
Pros: pay & benefits
Cons: overexpectations of upper management
Often high stress levels, short due dates. Constantly pushing training even if that training doesn't apply to your job requirements. Great co-workers and immediate management, but upper management was overbearing.
Alcatel-Lucent
AT&T Level 3 CO Installer (Current Employee), Monroe, MIJuly 13, 2014
Pros: been here 4 years
Cons: getting laid off soon
Good company getting ready to down size. Looking to stay in the telecom industry. I was told I'm getting laid off soon so I'm looking for a new job.

Central office/Cell Site Installation technician.
A great international telecommunications company but undergoing dramatic internal changes.
Solutions Architect - Global Deployment Expert (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 8, 2014
Pros: leading edge telecommunications equipment provider with strategic counseling.
Cons: misaligned internally
The most exciting piece of this position was being able to work internationally whilst being based in the U.S.

Typical project deployments could send you working with teams all of the world while at the same time also being a 'solution' to a leading edge technological problem here in the U.S.
Managed installation project valued in the million of dollars
Project Installation Manger (Former Employee), Plano, TXJune 27, 2014
Pros: excellents benefits
Cons: 98% travel
Outstanding company. To bad they terminated the installation division
A good place to work for (starting around 2016)
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXJune 11, 2014
Pros: telecommuting, work/life balance
Cons: everything else
I came into Alcatel-Lucent when the company was struggling financially. Once we gained a new CEO, confidence in the company surged and I believed everything would be better.

Long story short, because of ALU's soaring costs, the company has suspended raises (even with promotions), given bonuses very sparingly, and reduced benefits (including 401k compensation). – more... This results in overworked and underpaid employees, which dampens company morale and makes the workplace strained.

I do believe the company's cost-cutting measures will result in the ultimate turnaround and ALU will be a successful company: however, that will take a couple of years. The company needs to (and eventually will) learn how to treat its employees better as many left the confusing re-organization structure for better opportunities (myself included).

The company supports telecommuting and working at home which is very helpful for those who would have a long commute or need a flexible schedule for family arrangements. – less
Originally a start up company (Xylan) bought by Alcatel. Great learning experience
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst/Administrator (Former Employee), Calabasas, CAJune 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Exciting company, originally a start up (Xylan Corp). Great benefits
Great work environment and new challenges everyday.
Communications Service Installer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 9, 2014
Pros: traveling and compensation.
Cons: being on call sometimes.
Always a new challenge and change of scenery working in the field. Management were great with communication and coworkers were very supportive of each other. Sometimes on call, but traveling was enjoyable.
Good company to work
Customer Care Coordinator / Training Analyst (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJune 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: the unknown future - constant downsizing
ALU objectives are in the best interest of the business and it's customers. ALU is hard pressed to satisfy and rebuild it's reputation as a leading communications company. In doing so very flexible in supporting their employees hours and life outside of ALU with many opportunities to work onsite as well as remote. Happy employees makes productive employees.
A great place to work where your hard work and efforts were rewarded
Senior Manager, Customer Program Management (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 28, 2014
Again, a great place to build a career. Where hard work and is rewarded with advancement and added responsibility.
Very large company. Working within my group was enjoyable.
SYSTEMS TEST TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Westford,MAMay 6, 2014
ALU is very large, but my group was closeknit and have worked together for several years. Management let us do our work and we all responded well to that. Benefits were good, paid time off was very flexible.
Contractor (Former Employee), Murray Hill, NJApril 24, 2014
Pros: worked with different people and learned more from them.
Typical working day includes working directly with clients from various places in the world to assist with break/fix, software/hardware difficulties, printer setup, VPN connection, documentation assistant, LAN/Wireless network troubleshooting and more.
Talented Researchers
RESEARCH ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Murray Hill, NJApril 11, 2014
Wonderful working with researchers from all over the world. My department members and I were like family.

1 2 3 4 5

About Alcatel

Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) provides solutions that enable service providers, enterprises and governments worldwide, – Read more

Alcatel Photos