ALCO

ALCO Employee Reviews

Fue el comienzo de mi experiencia laboral, la escuela de mis conocimeintos profesionales
Recepcionista, Sec Ejecutiva, Asist Contabilidad (Former Employee), Canóvanas PRMay 5, 2015
Pros: Gran oportunidad de conocimientos y crecimiento
Cons: Tener que retirarme para mejor remuneración
Tuve en los 15 de años de servicio un desarrollo consecuente en cada una de las pocisiones ejecutadas, sobrepasando las espectativas de desempeño. Excelentes compañeros de trabajo. La oportunidad de reclutar y adiestrar. La parte dificil fue que con el tiempo de mucho trabajo y esfuerzo, ver llegar con mejores beneficios y salarios a personas que yo misma adiestré y recluté. Obviamente entendiendo que el salario mínimo federal aumentó considerablemente en ese tiempo. La parte agradable es que mi trabajo fue siempre reconocido y fui referida para mejores oportunidades de empleo.
I enjoyed and learned so much working at ALCO.
IT Project Manger/Payment Specialist (Former Employee), Abilene, KSApril 28, 2015
This company was a very family oriented and gave its employees a chance to advance within from experience and achievements. Unfortunately this changed once money became number one and the board chose to put people in charge who were not familiar with our company concept of small town commerce.
I worked in the ever changing and always putting our fires department of IT and I LOVED it. I learned so much from networking, working on PCs, programming to working on all area programs, including managing credit cards (MC, VISA, DISC, AMEX, SNAP/EBT, third party gift cards and internal gift cards), fuel centers, BOGO events (we used these for more than just BOGOs) and helping with every aspect of the retail business.
Enjoyed my job
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Abilene, KSApril 20, 2015
My typical day at work started at 7:30AM until 4:30 PM
I got along well with all management and supervisor as well as my co
workers. Most enjoyable part of my job was communicating with store managers.
It was my first job and I enjoyed working there.
Cashier (Former Employee), South Hutchinson, KSApril 16, 2015
I was the cashier. I would get to work and relieve the last person. I did that until 8 pm when they closed. I would also clean the front end when I had no costumers in my line. I would also on Fridays restock the candy shelves. I would move everything forward, and put stuff back into the right places. I learned how to count money backwards.
Poor Communitcation and Poor Teamwork
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Cresco, IAMarch 27, 2015
Alco was a very low self-esteem employer to work for. There was very minimum teamwork, poor communication skills, and I felt that there were a lot of favorites chosen by manager and co-workers.
If you keep up with your work it is a fun place to work.
Operations Manager/Group Manager (Former Employee), Ligonier, INMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: benefits
A typical day has you ALWAYS greeting customers, facing, working the truck and back stock. You always have new plan-o-grams or end caps to set. I had a good selection of employees they all had their strong points. Some worked hard, some used there brain more, some had the gift of gab and that goes a long way with customers. The hardest part about the job was they were always changing things around. No sooner did you get things set up just right and they (corp.) want you to change it again. The most enjoyable part of the job was our contest to keep up sales.
fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), coppellMarch 18, 2015
Alco is a good place to work you have plenty of home time. plenty of room to improve. Alco also has plenty of room to move up and teach others how to move up..
Excellent place to work
Customer Service and Cashier (Former Employee), Russell, KSMarch 17, 2015
I had fun working at this job. The lady's I worked with were excellent to work with. We all worked very well together as a team to meet the needs of our customer.
This was an excellent employer.
Regional Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee), Abilene, KSMarch 14, 2015
Pros: Great corporate culture.
Cons: None.
Alco was an excellent employer, and a great place to work. I'd still be there today if they were still in business! They no longer exist.
Alco Review
SOFT LINES MANAGER (Former Employee), Cresco, IAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: the pay wasn't very good.
It was a great work environment. I got along great with my coworkers and enjoyed doing my daily tasks. I learned a lot of new skills and I'm glad I had the opportunity to work there. I'm sad that the company had to close its doors.
An enjoyable place to work.
Asst.Superviser (Former Employee), Abilene, KSMarch 10, 2015
Pros: 10% discount at stores, earned 1 week of sick leave and up to 4 weeks of vacation.
Cons: supervisors stayed for a long time so chances to move up were limited.
We had certain stores we picked each day so the workers would come in and start the picking process. I would get the documents ready for them and then enter the information from the previous day into the correct computer files. I would then do quality checks and move from that to checking the incoming merchandise for the correct styles prices and quality. After everything was confirmed I helped the secretary with entering the orders into the computer. I had a great group of ladies that worked for me and I enjoyed my job. The management at the warehouse were very good to work with and we all became like family. The hardest part of my job was the occasional times we would have to let someone go and when they called us all to the break room to tell us the company was closing.
Good life work balance
Store Manager (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXMarch 5, 2015
Job was typical retail job. Company decent to work with. The customers were most enjoyable part of my job. The hardest part of job was not receiving product for ads. Ads were done at least four weeks out buyers still did not supply enough product to support the ad.
A challenging experience
Store Manager (Former Employee), Grafton, NDFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: friendly community and supportive store management team.
Cons: poor upper management decisions
Alco is no longer in business. It was a great yet challenging place to work. Corporate would tend to overwhelm stores with tasks. Some stores were severely understaffed impacting customer service and the completion tasks.
great job
Cashier, Department manager (Former Employee), Winamac, INFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: love the costumers and the pay
Cons: the company wasn't great
great place to work and love the people .Great pay,love the costumers.i was a cashier when starting out then move to managment
No way to advance in job.
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee), Abilene, KSFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: untrained team leaders
A typical day at work was always stressful as you did not know what department you would end up working. The jobs were always stressful, because some team leaders, assistants and management had no idea of what it took to complete jobs in their own departments.
There were no opportunities for advancement unless you were willing to take a $2-$3 per hour pay cut, along with a 90-day evaluation period. This made it virtually impossible for anyone to advance unless money was not a consideration.
The most enjoyable part of working at ALCO was your co-workers. They understood what was necessary to get the jobs done, and in working alongside each other you could always make it through the day.
Fun times
Customer Service (Former Employee), Clarinda, IAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: part time or full time
I worked as a cashier. Taking care of customers and using a cash register. The most enjoyable part of the job was the unloading of the trucks.
Productive and fun working place
Cashier (Former Employee), Lisbon NDFebruary 3, 2015
I enjoyed working with the people i worked with. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with people and communication.
not much advancement
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Greenville, ILJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great work enviroment
Cons: no advancement opportunities
Since this was a really small store there was only about 7 of us that worked there. I was a really hard worker there and got a lot of work done in short amounts of time. I liked that I didn't have my bosses breathing down my neck all the time, and I could just do what needed to be done. I helped unload our shipments, sort through the items, and then when truck was done we would start unloading it onto the sales floor in the assigned department. I was a cashier often which means I answered phones, did paperwork, handled customers, and the registers. I did a lot of cleaning and organizing of the merchandise on the sales floor and the stock room. I really enjoyed being busy and working hard for this company. The only downfall was that since there was only 7 people here there wasn't much room for advancement in the company.
Was a great place to work
Assistant Store Manger (Current Employee), Winnsboro, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Would have been a great place to work when I got older but the powers that be ruined the company for all of us
going out of buisness
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Gibson City, ILJanuary 20, 2015
decent job, stressful atmosphere considering that we are going out of buisness. poor people skills on the part of management. poor customer service policies, part of which added to our condition of going out buisness. cleaning procedures are almost impossible to complete due to lack of supplies or tools. no product in stock that customers even want. short staffed all the time.

1 2 3 4 5