ALCO Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, COAugust 22, 2016
A typical work day would consist of checking people out and stocking shelves. The people there were fun to work with and most of them were respectful.
i really enjoyed here. It was lie a little family.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pratt, KSAugust 1, 2016
I would help open the store, wait on customers for a few hours, stock and straighten health and beauty department or wherever needed to be taken care of. I would help unload the truck and put merchandise into the correct departments to be stocked.
Pros
I loved ẃôrking with everyone
Cons
I didn't like getting interrupted on the middle of a project
Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Clifton, TXMay 26, 2016
I enjoyed the short time that I worked there. The store had not had a Store Manager in over a year. There were many challenges that had to overcome. Sorry to see them file bankruptcy.
Place to work
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Monte Vista, COMay 23, 2016
Manager was skimming money, and employees were stealing merchandise. Pay was bad, hours were worse.
Crew was fun to work with.
Small town job with fun people
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  South Hutchinson, KSMay 9, 2016
It was a great first time job that allows someone who is looking for a first job. The people you work with are people that you get to know very well.
Productive and Great place to work...
Tow motor operator (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHApril 17, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job while I was employed with Alco was the environment I worked in it was very clean considering the work environment. Also the co-workers were very considerate and helping when I had an issue.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lisbon, NDApril 4, 2016
Very good to work for even though now they are closed. Boss was great, DM was ok. Coworkers were ok. The hardest part of the job was making sure coworkers changed the prices on merchandise when changing end caps
Loved them
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Conifer, COMarch 31, 2016
Great place to work. Lots of fun! To bad the Ceo did some wrong choices to make all the stores close down. It is even more sad since ALCO served the small community and at times they would be the only store in the area. Sad day
I grew in my jobs & people skills from the time I started.
Hardline Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Preston, IDMarch 21, 2016
I learned skills in making a great experience for the customers I helped. I helped my co-workers to feel good about the job they were doing.
Everyone needs a boost in self-esteem, I was happy to give that. I learned supervising skills. This helped me to teach others, how they could be better at whatever job they were working on. We had a great working group with very little turn-over.
Pros
Great people to work with - like a family.
Cons
The company closing.
A place where you learn excetpional customer service skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Imperial, NEJanuary 26, 2016
After school, I would to into work and they would tell me if I was on the register or on the floor. If I was on the floor I typically ran the the register and helped clean up. If I was on the floor I put of freight and helped customers find what they needed.
Pros
Great co-workers and manager
Cons
Long hours during the weekend

Want to know more about ALCO?

Ask a question
I liked ALCO and my Job
INVENTORY PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Abilene, KSSeptember 15, 2015
I obviously liked the company, I was there for 17 years. Learned a lot, made friends and enjoyed most of my time there. But having been there that amount of time, there were of course changes that I didn't like, but rolled with them as there also changes I understood.
Everyday was different and busy.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kirtland, NMSeptember 14, 2015
Wore many hats. Everyone did many tasks. Manager as well as entire crew worked truck, freight, cashiered. Enjoyed seeing the regular customers and employees.
Managers work all areas of the store.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kirtland, NMSeptember 11, 2015
Small retailer and wore many hats. No HR or LP so had to focus on many different aspects of the business not just the financials.
Top Notch Rep Agency
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 8, 2015
Always changing and evolving with the market. Excellence in Co-op Hardware business and Big Box Chains. Always one of the top agencies within our product lines.
Wasn't there long
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, AZAugust 1, 2015
I was only there for a few weeks, and they were closing their doors for good. It wasn't the worst job I've had, but it could have been better.
Fun place to work, but poor management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alpine, TXJuly 15, 2015
My job location was in a small town, so I really enjoyed being able to get to know my customers and make helping them out more enjoyable. My co-workers were all amazing people, I made strong friendships because of this place. But the store itself was poorly kept up, and I felt because management was poor and couldn't set their priorities and get what was needed done first.
Relaxed place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Emory, TXJuly 3, 2015
A typical day at work was relaxed but had it moments of being busy. One time our power went out so we had to ring people up through a paper and a calculator. My co workers were great because they tried to get to know me and were open minded. The hardest part of my job was pleasing my manager because some days she would come in unhappy.
n/a
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Buena Vista, COJune 30, 2015
Out of business. Bankruptcy within a year of when I started. Poor decisions in leadership. Very disappointing but worth the experience.
Great accounting and management experience
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  coppell TxJune 9, 2015
Totally great working experience and team work. Great people and managers. Wonderful accounting experience and working with many ways to handle business and save company money as well.
Productive and fast paced place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Delphos, OHJune 9, 2015
A typical work day at Alco was getting the days job to do list, ringing up costumer purchases, helping customers get what they are looking for, restocking and straightening products, folding and rehanging clothing, keeping the facility clean and organized, customer service.
Cons
closing of business

2.8