ALCO Employee Review

Great place to work!
Group Manager (Former Employee) –  Sisseton, SDJanuary 14, 2013
I worked for Alco for 4 years. During my last 4 months there, I was promoted to Group Manger for the Hardlines Department. There is always something to do there, we always got stuff accomplished. Sometimes we were short staffed but we pulled through. Everyone was family and treated with respect. If we got new employees, they always felt at home right away because we would do our best to keep them comfortable.
My co-workers were the best along with the customers. Our store was in a somewhat small town, but with regular customers, we built friendships from this store.
Of course, the only hard part about the job is unloading truck and trying to figure where to put everything after the stockroom is full.
But, everyday...there is something new going on and the customers make everything fun. We always go out of our way to find the products our customers needed that were on sale or something that they needed right away, but couldn't find it themselves.
Pros
friendly people, flexible hours, free food sometimes, individual b-day parties, going away parties, pot-lucks
Cons
unloading truck, getting stuck on registers

Other ALCO Employee Reviews

Very hands on. Always something to do.
Appliance Technician (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 11, 2017
Mechanical inclination is a must in this type of work. Loading and unloading industrial laundry equipment to and from locations. Refurbish or change out bad motors or boards on equipment as needed.
Pros
Stress Free, Good management
Cons
No Benefits
The place is closed
Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Willcox, AZDecember 9, 2017
The place went bankrupt but i loved it. Defiantly would love to work at a place like this again. there is no more alco so it pointless for me write this review.