ALCOA TECHNICAL CENTER

ALCOA TECHNICAL CENTER Employer Reviews

Productive, but laid back work place.
Administrative Intern (Former Employee), New Kensington, PANovember 19, 2013
Alcoa is a very productive industry. They are always looking at ways to keep their employees happy and working hard. I really enjoyed my experience as an intern for Alcoa. Everybody was so nice to me. A great company to work for!
Senior Research Technician
Senior Research Technician (Current Employee), New Kensington, PASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
A typical day begins when we receive aluminum samples from an engineer conducting research. I prepare the sample for metallographic examination. This includes; cutting, mounting, grinding, and polishing the sample in order to view the sample under an optical microscope in order to document microstructural features import to the customers research.
Hard to find a company you can retire from........
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Alcoa Center, PAAugust 1, 2013
Pros: great compant to work for. met alot of folks that worked 20+ yrs.
Cons: covered for a medical leave
Maintained calendars for HR Director, Manager and colleagues in the department.
Ensures that HR needs are met in a timely manner. Updates of promotions/merit increase in Remedy Link.
Assist with Talent Management/Profile/Performance Reviews.
Input of new or revise positions into Brass Ring and Career Link. Update iVisitor for candidates coming in for interviews/meetings. Maintained communication with departments on Human Resources related issues. Alcoa Mall iProcurement Contract management/invoice processing.
Responsible for upkeep on Oracle requisitions and P.O.’s; follow up on supply orders. Submit expense reports in Concur.
Tenant Coordinator supports employee entrance/transfers and exit process.
Process employee entrance forms for new/transfer employee including request for cubicle/office space, telephone, network connections.
Process employee exit including collecting equipment and cancel user accounts.

Before I left, got a chance to wish a colleague well on their retirement, after working there for 42 yrs!!!