Alcon Labs

Alcon Labs United States Employee Reviews

great working environment
Superintendent (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 21, 2015
Alcon was a good working environment. i learned how to manage multiple jobs and peoples. my co-worker and I all got along.
GREAT COMPANY
Spare parts coordinator, (Former Employee), JOHNS CREEK GAApril 13, 2015
I WORIKED FOR ALCON/RANSTAD FOR ALMOST 11YRS. I HAD A GREAT WORKING EXPERIENCE WITH GROWTH POSSIBILITES & I LOVED MY JOB.
Overall Summary it is a good place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 12, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: longer breaks
A typical day at work ,was always knowing there was work to do, and sometimes so much, having to put assignments in prospected order helps a lot. I have learned how to operate different machines.
Work with multiple cultures, and learn some of there ways. I can't think of anything being hard.
Very Productive
Linux System Administrator (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: Good Environment
Cons: No
Company provides the very good environment and the team atmosphere is really good. The support from the management will be very encouraging
productive and educational.
production tech 4 (Former Employee), Huntington, WVApril 4, 2015
my typical day at work was always different.I learned so many different jobs,and met some of the best people at alcon.i have so many good friends there.the hardest part of the job was learning to set up the lens bench. I enjoyed knowing I was helping to make a difference in so many lives,helping restore sight to so many people.
Learning and growing sales ability
Ocular Surface Sales Representative (Current Employee), Southern New JerseyApril 1, 2015
I call on Optometrists and Ophthalmologist's in South Jersey. It is a great learning experience working with these type of doctors. These doctors are open to ones products that they are promoting. The ability of building relationship with the doctors and staff help leverage your products within the practice. I call on about 7-8 doctors per day. One of the hardest parts of the job is calling on no see doctors or trying to get doctors interested in what you are promoting. the most enjoyable part of my job is helping build the practice with my products and see the benefits of my products through the eyes of the patients.
Career oriented with job skill training
Grants Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 16, 2015
Pros: exercise center, cafeteria, medical center and company store onsite.
Cons: parking is limited
A typical day at Alcon for me was to go on our CyberGrants database and pull grant requests from requestors. Review grant requests for their validity and appropriate grant specialist's responsibility. Fill out specific forms and direct to grant specialist. Assist grant specialists for payment by check requisition, contacting grant requestor for more information or however assistance is needed.

I have learned so much at Alcon. There were opportunities as I would volunteer to use my PowerPoint and Excel knowledge for fun activities outside the normal work day (Maintain Don't Gain or birthdays bulletins etc.).

Alcon's management was very loyal to it's employees and in return it made the employees want to work hard and loyal to Alcon.

My co-workers worked together as a team with knowledge to strengthen one another to make a more profitable Alcon.

With Novartis joining Alcon there were constant changing procedures, forms, policies, softwares that it was difficult with some of management wasn't prepared to distribute information as properly needed.

There were so many opportunities in health, career, fun, benefits etc. it seemed were just endless.
BEWARE...
MOLD SET-UP & INSPECTION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 14, 2015
Pros: cafe, company store, discounts
Cons: terrible management, terrible co-workers, stressful work enviroment, lots of lay offs
I WORKED AT ALCON FOR ALL OF 6 MTHS. YOU DONT KNOW IF YOUR GOING TO HAVE A POSITION AT THE COMPANY FROM ONE DAY TO THE NEXT. MANAGEMENT AND VESTED EMPLOYEES TREAT YOU LIKE GARBAGE. THESE ARE SOME OF THE OLDEST UNPROFESSIONAL PLACE I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE WORK CAREER. YOU COULDNT GET ME TO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY WITH DOUBLE THE SALARY. PEACE OF MIND IS BETTER THAN ANY MONEY. TAKE A JOB AT ALCON AT OUR OWN RISK.
Fun place to make a carreer
Market Access Manager (Former Employee), Catano, Puerto RicoMarch 13, 2015
Pros: the feeling of an extended family
Cons: the acquisition by a bigger company
Very well balanced job in a "niche" ophthalmic world.
Gave me the opportunity to develop great relations with customers.
Whoever we where perceived as a small company.
The most enjoyable part of my work was the feeling of served the patients through our products.
Great benefits, but intense culture
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), HuntingtonMarch 4, 2015
Pros: great 401k
Cons: management, hours, advancement opportunities
The company had great benefits, but advancement opportunities and its culture were horrible. Everyone feared loosing their job, so it was cut throat daily. Sad to see a company with such great potential turn to the dark side,
Great place to work as an IT PM
Strategy and Operations PMO Lead (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Alcon is a decent IT shop considering they are so big. They have a lot of processes that could be improved, which for an IT PM like me creates a good and challenging work environment. I very much enjoyed working at Alcon and would highly recommend this place to anyone.
A place of Quality and Safety
Assebler (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Productive and fun workplace. A place of Quality and Safety. their Quality spirit is keeping me going on and on. Training on weekly basis to inform you on Quality and Safety as well. the working environment is superb.
Productive and fun place
MBA Intern (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 20, 2015
I can see smile faces every day. People are professional. They are willing to give feedback to each other. Employees there can improve continuously.
Great job learned a lot and gained lots of experince
Lens Inspector - Tech B (Former Employee), Duluth Ga 30097February 18, 2015
My job was very fun and outstanding. My co-workers were great the management did a great job at keeping everything under control and running. I loved dealing with my customers and also my employee's
Fast pace well known stable company
Technician Engineering (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Worked overnight, M-F schedule , Fast pace environment with good people surrounding you throughout the work place. Great pay with benefits provided to everyone in the company. The hardest part of the job would have to be learning all the machines and how they work.
awesome experiece
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 15, 2015
great people here love this place.. great learning experience love the management........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Great place to work!!
Data Management Rep (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: excellent comp & ben package
I am always learning new systems. Management is positive and willing to help you succeed, which in turn makes for a fantastic work environment. There are opportunities to grow if you are in the right departments.
High pressure work evironment and heavy workload. No job security.
Surgical Marketing Secretary (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: no job security. high pressure work evironment.
Workload was almost impossible.

Supervisor was unrealistic and not supportive.

Great benefits.

They laid off several employees while they were dealing with serious illness or short-term disabilities. No job security.
Good Career Growth
QC Analyst I (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 5, 2015
I've joined Alcon as an entry level contractor 10 months ago. Lot of oppurtunities to learn, get involved and excellent co-workers.
Contact Lens Distribution Center
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Johns Creek, GAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: there is always work.
Cons: no advancement.
Typical warehouse atmosphere. High volume. High turn-over rate of employees. Low rate of pay, and lower chance of advancement.

1 2 3 4 5

About Alcon Labs

Alcon, the second largest division of Novartis, is the global leader in eye care. Our mission is to provide innovative products – Read more

Alcon Labs Salaries