Alcon Labs Employee Reviews

Great place to work for
Administrative Assistant to the IT department (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 23, 2017
Always felt welcome and was able to go to upper management with questions or concerns. Great place to grow and start a career. They really take care of there employees.
Forward thinking management, highly regulated
Floor Quality Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Sinking Spring, PAJanuary 23, 2017
Employees are very helpful and very approachable. Compensation is excellent and opportunity for career advancement is available immediately. All around great place to work.
The work is okay
Optics Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sinking Spring, PAJanuary 15, 2017
I actually like to work at Novartis the work is okay but they don't have point system when you only have 3 days vacation to work with when I first started . Unfortunately I got bad cold and my car battery died Sunday night to work for third shift. They have also so many written examination to go through that I survived but their benefits are good specially their 401 K. The management and co- workers fine.
Pros
Overtime is flexible
Cons
You can only use whatever vacation you have and no points system.
Knowledgeable and supportive leadership
Senior Pharmacovigilance Monitor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 13, 2017
On the job learning and experience. Valuable knowledge of FDA regulations and guidelines for pharmaceutical products and medical devices. Supportive and knowledgeable management.
a typical day at work
Technician V (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 13, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job are being able to work my peer. Management here is the worst, because it's who you know not what you know,. I believed everybody can be train and with multiple repetition anybody can be a Lead or Technician.
Excellent Company
INSIDE SALES REP (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Alcon is a great company to work with. They will provide you with everything that you need to be successful with them. The layoffs are concerning to me however.
productive and work relaxing place after hard long day's job
Mechanical/Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2017
provision of private protective equipment to prevent work place hazards. the most enjoyable part of the job is facing new challenges everyday. having good diligent team to work with makes the job more interesting
quite and meet nice people
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Cool place to work, met a lot of cool people. Short breaks, but sometimes get an hour lunch break if work is slow. I learned to use technology here
Pros
quite
Cons
short breaks
Wonder place to work with great people. Super 401K and employer contribution
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Wonderful place, great work environment. They are not great a software but if you are good you can shine, standout and lead with your software products. Very nice people.
it was good
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 9, 2017
good place to work and make decent money, the employees are generally easy to get along with and eager to help you learn so you can maximize your efficiency
Alcon Labs
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 8, 2017
This is the #1 eye care company in the world and i was proud to have worked with Alcon. The training was thorough, exciting, and professional. I partnered with my customers to create growth together.
Pros
professional organization
Cons
N/A
Over all not a positive experience
Emmetropia Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Worth, ILJanuary 3, 2017
Traveled all week then spent the weekend writing reports
That the cataract surgeons in 1993 were not ready to implant multifocal lenses.
Management was a old boys club but I wasn't in the office that much and the field sales people were great.
The were only three of us traveling the US so I really didn;t interact with them except at meetings.
To get management to understand how poorly the testing was done in the physicians office and surgical how unprepared the surgeons were to implant and have good results with the multifocal lense.
The most enjoyable part was helping the physicians make their OR more efficient which produced better patient care.
I enjoyed the sales force because I could help them they appreciated my efforts.
Good people to work with a team atmosphere.
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJanuary 2, 2017
Great place to work, the IT keeps shrinking since company was sold. I love working here, because of the new and out of the box projects we encounter.
Self respect
Custom Pak (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 27, 2016
No one is valued , you are spoken to like an animal and favoritism is the only thing that matters . Management smiles in your face and talk about you behind your back ,
Pros
a job
Cons
Disrespected from management and coworkers
Senior Scientist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 19, 2016
Enjoyed my tenure there. Great people great company. Great benefits and nice job prospects. Only draw back was no other big pharma company in the neighborhood. So you have to move it you leave the company. But very few reasons to move.
Great Place!
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sinking Spring, PADecember 16, 2016
It's a great place to work, they really value their employees. Always having different activities to show their appreciation; great culture! Also great with community giving which is a plus for me!
Pros
Community Giving, Healthcare, Retirement plan
Very enjoyable work enviorment
Customer service data Managment (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 15, 2016
Working here has been the most enjoyable job I have ever had. The management and co-workers are very friendly. Very easy to balance your work day along with other duties that you are required to do.
Alcon was an excellent company.
Senior R&D Product Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 14, 2016
Alcon was a company dedicated to manufacturing the finest quality surgical equipment while maintaining the highest quality standards.
good place to work
Medical Assembly (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 13, 2016
nice place to work because you can learn different culture and different type of works , co-workers was very helpful and we still family
Best Job ever
Assembly Line Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 4, 2016
its always a good day at work. I learned alot here at Alcon. I learned how to work with all types of people. The management is very good at Alcon, very good production. My co-workers helped me big time. They help me level up in the business. The hardest part is leaving it might sound crazy but its true. I love Alcon. The most fun part is seeing people who are in a good mood, ready to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alcon Labs. Our community is ready to answer.