Alcon Labs

Alcon Labs Employer Reviews

Great place to work with great employees.
Picker and Packer (Former Employee), Elkridge, MDApril 23, 2014
A typical day at Alcon is always busy busy busy and I loved it. I've learned how to work quickly and accurately and how to pay attention to detail. My co-workers where the best and we always helped one another. The hardest part of the job was working 12-14 hour days with no days off. The most enjoyable part was the pay and the atmosphere.
Alcon is a great place to work
Validation Manager (Current Employee), Des Plaines, ILApril 23, 2014
Great benefits and allows for a job work/life balance. Great place if you want to work for a leader in the medical device industry.
Easy
Customer Service, Communication & Organizational (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 22, 2014
Work in a field room, or on a assembly line and insert things into boxes
The company has changed in culture since 2008, and it is more business-oriented.
GLOBAL MANAGEMENT (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: beautiful campus and work environment.
Cons: bureaucracy is strong. misalignment with mid-level management.
Alcon is a good company to work for even though it has changed drastically since 2008.
Great Team
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 14, 2014
Very knowledgeable environment. Company provided extensive training
Campus has much to offer
Animal Research and Support Technician (Current Employee), Ft. Worth, TXApril 13, 2014
Pros: many clubs and activies to join, great benefits
Cons: diffucult to advance due to novartis policies
The campus has much to offer, gym, cafeteria, hobby groups. There are many opportunities for advancement but since the buyout there has been a hiring freeze internally as well as externally with no growth room.
Payroll Manager
U.S. Payroll Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 11, 2014
On a typical day, I supervised employees, reviewed payroll items. interacted with 3rd parties including the IRS, Child Garnishment Services, internal & external Auditors, Company Upper Management as well as employees.
Diverse job atmosphere
Sr QA Analyst I-Corporate QA External Supply (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 10, 2014
Diverse campus with numerous avenues of opportunity. Hourly wage to salary and employees can take on challenges if desired.
Excellent work place with recognition of talent and appreciation
Business Analyst Intern, US Pharmaceuticals (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 6, 2014
Pros: great work culture, great people, good work
Cons: still evolving in technology adaptation
Alcon labs is a great company to work for. The people are very friendly. It has a great campus with lot of amenities.
Great place to work, learn and create
R&D Engineer, Contract (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 2, 2014
Pros: open to new ideas
The company provides an awesome work environment. People are really nice, positive and bright.
State of art technology would be an understatement. Developing surgical products is very challenging because it has to fit the surgeon and patient needs, medical needs, production requirements and regulatory compliant.
Work was interesting and rewarding
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 31, 2014
Pros: good manager and salary
Cons: too much information to learn in a short period of time.
Manager gave some good directions. Training department was good and gave great classes.
The Corporate climb culminated as I reached my pinnacle.
Research Associate Animal Scientist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 26, 2014
Pros: endless opportunity
Cons: there really wasn't any cons, i was simply raising my children while developing a career, which was challenging at times.
This was the most challenging, yet gratifying career of my life. I began as a young Animal Medical Technician with a drive to succeed and climb. Alcon allowed me the opportunity to grow in every way. As a mother of 3, I chose to lay my career aside and raise my children. That reason alone was what justified my leaving my exciting career with Alcon Laboratories, – more... Inc. – less
Productive and Great Place to Work
Front-End Web Application Developer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 18, 2014
Pros: awesome coffee machines
Cons: gym is only for full-time employees (not contractors)
Working as a Front-End Web Developer:
Co-workers were great. VPN access allows you to work from homes at times. Excellent multi-option coffee machines! Take a break whenever you need it. You are in control of your work and time as long as you complete it by it's due date.
Productive place to work with.
Mechanical design Engineer/Component Engineer (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 12, 2014
Productive and innovative company to work with.
This company is using Advanced technologies for various products.
Working environment is good and all the co-workers are efficient in their respective fields.
Great colleagues and customers to work with. Marketing and educating Ophthalmologists and their staff on Alcon's ophthalmic Rx and OTC medications.
Specialty Pharmaceutical Sales, (various titles) (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: interesting field, always new products or resources to market your products with
Cons: long days, very restrictive selling
Visit as many offices as you can to get as much face time with key decision makers to increase market share with your responsible products. You would need to constantly revise your routing to ensure you visited at the best time to ensure the best interactions. Your colleagues are very competitive yet they are always willing to help. The hardest part – more... of the job is figuring out the best way to get to some of the hard to see doctors. You have to become creative, make your interactions meaningful so you're always welcome back, and make sure you sold something. It doesn't have to be product but you want to be looked at as a resource. It's definitely a work hard, play hard mentality here. You may have long days, but it can be very rewarding in the end. – less
Good place to work.
Sr. Method Validation Scientist (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 11, 2014
Good place to work. sometimes it is not very efficient. I am a contractor, busy working days for analytical method validation.
Productive and very friendly place to work.
Medical Production Assembler (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 6, 2014
A typical day at work for me is very fast paced and full of excitement. I have new learning experiments and face new challenges every day. I enjoy my co workers, and we've grown to be a family. The hardest part of my job is not being able to complete a project in the time given. The most enjoyable part of this job is the times we have to work with the – more... previous crew. Its an overall great place to work, and plenty of room for advancements. – less
uncomfortable
custom pack (Current Employee), Houston,TxFebruary 19, 2014
The job itself is easy but the supervisor lurks around corners and in between racks like a peeping Tom which makes the work environment very uncomfortable to work in!!!!!
Rare opportunity
Technical Services Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: learning experience, opportunity to work with high caliber proffesionals
Cons: temp assignment that ended
Great group of professionals with good work ethic
Able to learn about parts management, buying and planning
Hardest part of this job was that it was a temporary assignment and came to an end
Experience I received at Alcon was invaluable to me
Excellent product portfolio in charge of professionals well versed in the business.
Account manager (Former Employee), USAFebruary 17, 2014

About Alcon Labs

Although it's based in neutral Switzerland, Novartis has been aggressive in attacking illnesses on¬†multiple fronts, including¬†pharmaceuticals, – Read more