Alcon Labs Employee Reviews

Alcon is a very large company and is fine to work for if you are willing to pay the price for a well paying job
Grant Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 4, 2017
Your work will have to be your life. You will need to give more than 100 percent to advance within this company. Make sure you and your family are willing to pay the price to work at a company like this.
Pros
You can advance within this company
Cons
The price you must pay to advance and make a living working at this company
Productive fun and motivation work place
Sr. QlikView Developer/Admin (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 1, 2017
Productive fun and motivation workplace, Management level, workplace culture. good communication. the most enjoyable part of job. Learnt new technologies.
Productive and fun workplace with a professional setting
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2017
A typical day at work contains following your set agenda at a professional steady pace not too fast or too slow. I learned that as long as you put your mind to it gets your work done good and complete. Management is greatly appreciated far as keeping the workplace in order. The workplace culture is always interesting I love a mixture of different cultures. The hardest part of the job is when people get the wrong perception of a job and try to compete but I jut get my job done.The most enjoyable part of the job is when everybody get their job done with no chaos and raise the production
Good Job
IT Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 28, 2017
I worked on a typical IT Helpdesk supporting several hundred clients in a scientific environment with PHDs and Engineers. We supported the manufacturers of the Lasik Eye Surgery Machine. Cool place to work at.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
An alright company to work for, but going through a lot of changes right now
QA Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 26, 2017
Alcon has been a great employer to work for especially for being my first job right out of college. They have been going through a lot of growing pains due to the merger with Novartis.
Challenging
CORPORATE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Hard work with excellent salary and benefits.
Great mission to contribute to eye care wellness.
Learned the global eye care business.
Challenging work and lots of it.
Can take on as much work as you desire.
Its still Ok?
Quality Assurance Investigator - Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Alcon was once a great place to work. In demand products, motivated employees and very concerned with quality and safety but, all that has suffered over the years.
Pros
You can make a good living with most positions here
Cons
Poor quality products
A conducive environment to work with.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2017
A cool place to work.Highly Quality and productive company. Safety is the most priority. Working there increases my working speed and strengthen the team work.
Pros
Free lunch at every last working day of the month
Cons
Dual short break
Too Many Cliques and Favoritism
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 20, 2017
I would not recommend anyone to work at this place. They will slave drive you and will then hire someone else for their permanent jobs. The line leads promote their friends.
Pros
Cons
Not Skill Friendly
Sterile Fill/Lead Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 19, 2017
Great place to work, I learned a lot about packaging and filling process, culture was great, most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was part of products that help people all over the world.
Pros
Cared about employees.
Cons
Lots of over time.
Interesting Closed Network
Assistant Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 14, 2017
Company is very fragmented and a network limited to a "few". Expectations are still in line with IT and process improvements tied to 20 years ago.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Closed Network
Produtive place
Assembler Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2017
I have learned, how to work and operate diverse production Equipment and machines and how the order is getting done in a production line and what procedures must be followed in the line.
knowing other people belong to other culture is amazing.
Fast Paced Environment with No Support
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 10, 2017
Enjoyable work, but support from management was far and between. We were always being repremanded for situations beyond our control. I wouldn't reccomend this place for anyone.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
always being watched like a hawk
roundtable discussions
Dp Executive Recruiters (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 6, 2017
The life of a HR Generalist / Recruiter is filled with opportunities and challenges. Every decision presents the opportunity to support and drive the company brand. As the HR Generalist, I deal with employee relations by implementing organizational laws and regulations. As the corporate recruiter, I have the honor of selecting the talent and character of potential employees that would carry the brand of the organization / company. The most exciting thing about the position of HR Generalist / Recruiter is when presented with challenges are keeping the company brand at the forefront of all decisions, popular or unpopular. I except both opportunities and challenges the are inherent with the position of HR Generalist / Recruiter.
Extremely high tech/state of the art equipment
Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAFebruary 4, 2017
Fully automated factory. Safety is the main culture before quality and production. Top quality research lab. Clean room environment. Many diverse cultures working together as one.
The best in DFW!
Compounder (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76134February 1, 2017
People line up to get a chance to work here. They typically have several thousand applicants and knowing someone can help you get a foot in the door. Operations are done the right way from start to finish. I was promoted while there. Alcon definitely rewards the best people. I would return in a heartbeat if still in the area.
Used To Be A Good Company
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Was a great place before the Novartis buy out, but now run. I don't expect this place to be there much longer before Novartis sells it again. They only wanted our pharma products and nothing else, but had to buy the whole thing. Moral and perks are disappearing daily. It is sad to watch a once great company waste away like this.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Ran by management who do not understand the biz.
Great place to work for
Administrative Assistant to the IT department (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 23, 2017
Always felt welcome and was able to go to upper management with questions or concerns. Great place to grow and start a career. They really take care of there employees.
Forward thinking management, highly regulated
Floor Quality Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Sinking Spring, PAJanuary 23, 2017
Employees are very helpful and very approachable. Compensation is excellent and opportunity for career advancement is available immediately. All around great place to work.
Improvements are on the way.
Quality II Engineer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Typical day at work was not typical. Alot of fire fighting to take care of problems/issues. Hardest part of job being a new employee and not knowing the contact for performing validation and verification. Much of the information you need is "Tribal Knowledge". The most enjoyable part of the job was working with someone I previously worked with at SCE Edison. Free ASQ courses for QE, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Quality Investigator are offered on site.
Pros
Team building Efforts, Toastmasters Club
Cons
Management tight lipped about layoffs done every year around December.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Alcon Labs. Our community is ready to answer.