Alcon Labs

Alcon Labs Employee Reviews

Restructuring for the better
Validation Engineer II (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 19, 2015
Pros: Beautiful campus and friendly people
Cons: No QA oversight at the operations level
Friendly people and superior facilities. The culture respects the opinion of senior employees. In the past, job security was responsible for reducing the stress of employees, but as a consequence, the – more... company was falling behind on trends and innovations and employees were promoted without truly developing into their new roles because their experiences were limited to a single and isolated company perspective. Now that Novartis is in control, this is changing for the better. – less
Effective
BI Data Analyst / Tableau Developer (Current Employee), NYJune 18, 2015
Very good working with you. People are very cooperative and friendly, the helping nature between the workers is awesome.
Fun
Lead Operator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 17, 2015
I was just having my first job experience. I was happy to work there for some time. I had great experience working there but it was just too short.
Excelent
QA Laboratory Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 14, 2015
Pros: stocks, bonus
Interaction with R&D and manufacturing needs. Manage people of different cultures. Learned about new product transfer , product launches
Alcon R&D is ever evolving
Medical Safety Specialist, Medical Safety (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 12, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Great experience learning medical safety protocols. You had a team to back you up but the independence to make the decisions regarding AE and Malfunctions.Continual education opportunities available. Management listened and responded to ideas and comments to improve the work culture.
Productive and a ideal place to work
Information Specialist Intern (Current Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 11, 2015
Pros: Employee discount
Cons: Fewer group activities
Great work culture and team environment to learn and contribute to team success. Good work life balance! Co-workers are extremely friendly.
Co-workers were congenial and knowledgeable
Graphic Designer - Contract (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 9, 2015
Pros: Great equipment
Cons: Lack of benefits
I learned how to better organize files for retrieval.
My production rate increased as I became more comfortable in the assignment.
Accuracy was so important. I would not have lasted at Alcon a week had I not been very detail-minded.
Most enjoyable part of the job was satisfaction in accomplishing my goals every day.
Chaotic
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 5, 2015
The company is under mass restructuring. In the process many of the people with working knowledge have been laid off leaving those that are left to scramble to keep up. The company is running so lean – more... that what used to be a family centered place to work with very good work life balance focus, now has people working massive amounts of overtime and two and three peoples worth of jobs for no raises or minimal raises. Those that are left are waiting for the next shoe to drop wondering who goes next. No one has bought in to the culture that they are supposedly trying to put forth because few see actions supporting the words that the company is feeding them. – less
Great Manufacturing Company
Fortworth, Tx.- Sterile Filling Technician (Current Employee), Fortworth, TexasJune 2, 2015
I have a typical day of working with some great co-workers, learning different things daily, company offers a lot of assistance and eduction.
Alright place to work
Assembler (Former Employee), Fort WorthJune 1, 2015
Its an ok place to work. I liked it, but the hours wasn't enough for me.
I would go back. They could have more oppurtunities for temporary employees.
A very high-quality organization
Quality Engineer - Metrology (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits package. Knowledgeable colleagues. Very good job security.
Cons: Minimal advancement for senior personnel. Newly-hired have been very inexperienced.
Alcon Research, Ltd., is a very high-quality oriented organization. It is quite safety-conscious and supports a high-degree of employee moral. The two main facilities in the Irvine, CA area each have – more... numerous amenities to include a gymnasium and a full-service cafeteria. The facilities themselves are well maintained. Vehicle parking is goo. Very good attention to workstation ergonomics is given. The most enjoyable aspect that I have found was the interaction with the numerous, intelligent, and well-educated fellow employees. There has been a very low turnover rate. Benefits have been excellent. Compensation has been quite conservative since Novartis' acquisition of Alcon; the acquisition smaller companies; and the completion of the much-needed renovation of the main facilities. The present pace in production has recently been VERY, VERY fast to meet current product demand; however, additional hiring has been QUITE minimal. This is forcing additional stress on a workforce that is already working above and beyond expectation. – less
Campus style atmosphere which focuses on all cultures
Meeting Event Planner/Expense Coordinator (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 26, 2015
Pros: several cafeterias, credit union, workout facility
Cons: too many contractors
Flexible work hours, with the opportunity to apply internally for various positions; fun days for employees and families
Highly productive company with very little down time.
Specialty Advertsing Administrator (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 26, 2015
Pros: Pay and benefits
Cons: Highly competitive
During the many years I worked at Alcon, I saw departments dissolve, departmental mergers and other organizational changes. I was impacted as well. Middle to senior management changed about every two years. – more... This was a destabilizing to the people in various departments, although the intention was to cross-train. It is my opinion that this eventually resulted in the eventual takeover of Alcon by Novartis. Unfortunately, the company started out with divisions that were located in separate buildings throughout. This led to various culture formations that did not mix well when it came time to merge the groups in one location. With the Novartis takeover, came a series of layoffs about every two years. This company has the highest of standards and work ethic. The pay and benefits are unsurmountable, and I will always be grateful for that. Alcon is highly competitive.

The best CEOs were Ed Schollmier and Tim Sear. – less
Very Productive Environment.
Technician B (Current Employee), Johns Creek, GAMay 23, 2015
The job has great benefits that come with being a permenant employee. 12 hour shifts make it hard to have a life with a family outside of work.
line leader
Line leader (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 23, 2015
• Perform quality checks on products and parts.
• Rotate through all the tasks required in a particular production process.
• Review work orders and blueprints to ensure work is performed according to specifications.
Stressful job with poor management but they pay well
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 18, 2015
Management seldom knows what they're doing but the benefits are good and the pay is well. Planning is an afterthought and all decisions seem to be reactionary rather than precautionary.
Exellent Experience
Software Quality Assurance/Test Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 15, 2015
A typical day comes with different challenges and at the end of the day, results are being achieved. I learned interpersonal relationships and high communication skills.
Alcon is a great place to work
Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Professional, quality oriented environment.
Alcon focus on quality is second to none. Being part of a team that delivers products to improve sight and enhance one of life's greatest gifts is very rewarding work. I would recommend Alcon to anyone who wants to make a difference in the world.
Team Work Makes the Dream Work
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: Work as unit, good team comradery
Cons: Short breaks
The best part and the most difficult part of working at Alcon is that you have to depend on your co-workers. What you do or what your co-workers do affects everyone on the team and it's important to jointly take responsibility.
Good
SAP BI Consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 5, 2015
Tedious and Challenging. Helped improved professional skills and interpersonal relationships and overall experiance.
Headquarters