- Anchor all the onsite centric Devops engagements, partially billable in terms of providing Devops specific consulting / architecting engagements, technical oversight of current engagements.
- Help the offshore team in practice building, creating the unified devops process frameworks, unified tooling frameworks
- Be in touch with the market to understand technology developments, acquire deep technical insights and work with offshore team in internalising such developments, help in building proof of concepts, collaterals etc
- Identify opportunities for ISV Partnerships and help in stitching the partnerships.
- Work along with Sales and account management team in mining existing accounts as well as acquiring new customers.
Technical skills and competencies
- Strong knowledge of Unix and Unix Internals, Unix admin processes and best practices
- Ability to develop automation scripts using PHP, PERL, Python, Ruby on Rails, Shell Scripts or Devops specific products such as Ops Code, Chef, Puppet etc.
- Strong understanding of Agile development model
- Good understanding of configuration and release management
- Good Understanding of ITIL Processes, deployment processes, deployment models specifically around hybrid cloud deployment framework
- Experience with cloud servers and services from AWS, Rackspace or similar
- Ruby on Rails experience (programming, deploying, maintaining, scaling)
- Database monitoring and scaling in a NoSQL environment, e.g., MongoDB
- Solid Understanding application performance management, performance testing and tuning, tuning of Operating systems and databases
- Knowledge on performance optimisation strategies specifically around database performances, patch management processes, deployment automation etc.
- Effective communication skills
- Customer Facing
- Healthy attitude towards failures
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
- High maturity to work thru silos