Alcorn State University

Alcorn State University Employer Reviews

Great Learning Expereince
Defensive Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Lorman, MSDecember 4, 2014
Pros: gain great knowledge
Cons: n/a
Assist Defensive staff in all coaching duties.
Assistant Special Teams coach
It was a great learning experience
RECEPTIONIST ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Lorman, MSDecember 2, 2014
Being that I was an undergraduate English major, and working in the Department of English and Foreign Languages, I was surrounded by those I knew mostly, and some of those I did not know, I was able to meet many people while I was the assistant receptionist, also I was able to learn and grow from the experience.
Educational environment
Administrative Assistance Student Affairs (Former Employee), Academic Affairs, Alcorn State UniversityNovember 21, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, positive environment, fast past work
Cons: n/a
I attended work in between classes Monday through Friday. Days where long as I assisted with paperwork, phone calls and scheduled meetings. This was a positive environment with positive co-workers. I would not have changed anything, honestly there is nothing but postive things to say about working for Alcorn State University.
Great experience
Director of Athletics Operations (Current Employee), Lorman, MSNovember 17, 2014
Enjoyed working with my co-workers. Developed great working relationships with them. Every one there had a passion to make the University better. I was welcomed with open arms.
Outgoing
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Lorman, MSNovember 14, 2014
Pros: i am enjoying helping others
Cons: wish it paid more
I deal with other students like myself all day. I am always helping with an issues or problem.
Logistics
Liaison/ Assistant Professor of Military Science (Current Employee), Jackson, MSOctober 28, 2014
➢ Support the Guard Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (GROTC) programs.
➢ Serve as the GROTC Department liaison between the school and the local ARNG units.
➢ Interview each SMP candidate and provide detailed counseling on the ROTC programs.
➢ Serve as the on-campus ROTC program and coordinator and recruiter.
➢ Develop and execute project recruiting initiatives focused on increasing the strength of contracted cadets for the ROTC program.
➢ Conduct marketing campaigns to enhance ROTC program “on campus” awareness.
➢ Prepare and teach Military Science Leadership classes.
➢ Support the Recruiting and Retention Battalion Commander and Officer Strength Manager as required.
Nice Steping Stone
Residence Hall Director (Current Employee), Lorman, MSSeptember 16, 2014
Coordinate activities in residential facilities, ie…Department banquets, Advised Resident’s Association, Coordinated and taught computer classes.
Maintain records ie… maintenance, repairs, furnishings Assist residents and faculty
Student Athelete Trainer
Athletic Training Student (Former Employee), Lorman, MSSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: experice in physical therapy
Cons: traveling alot
Traveling as the baseball team trainer. As a student trainer I was assigned to the Alcorn State University baseball team to trainer, to help with injuries such as bruises, sprains, cuts, ect.
Great place to learn
Student Support Services (Former Employee), Lorman, MSAugust 13, 2014
A typical day on campus consits of great weather, walks to class and a great atmosphere. I learned a lot their that I can take with me as I embark on the workforce especially patience. Time management was a big part of my college experience.The hardest part was adapting to the changes of college to highschool. The most enjoyable part was receiving my Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networking.
I was not there long
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee), Lorman, MSAugust 5, 2014
It was a temporary job. I was moving back to my home state.. That was understood by both parties.. It was a nice experience..
CITS/ACADEMIC AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT
Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Lorman, MSJuly 18, 2014
THE NICEST MOST PROFESSIONAL PEOPLE TO WORK WITH ON THE CAMPUS, I LOVED MY JOB!
Great employer!
Sr. Admissions Counselor and Recruiter (Former Employee), Alcorn State UniversityJune 27, 2014
Many times there were no typical days. Returning calls and emails were important but there were sometimes a surprise campus tour to show up or a last minute college fair to attend. I learned a lot about prioritizing and dealing with various stakeholders. Co-workers were great to work with - it was a real family environment. The hardest part was sometimes living out of a suitcase, but that's the life of a recruiter. The most enjoyable part was enlightening students on the many educational opportunities available.
A nice environment for the students and workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Lorman, MSMay 26, 2014
Pros: music flow during lunch and the dessert and salad bar.
Cons: sometimes the food is terrible
its an okay job, but the thing is they work you so hard for a very small pay.
Educational, Productive and fun workplance
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Lormans, MSMay 25, 2014
Conducting academically significant research
Assisting faculty in the department in teaching undergraduate courses
Grading examinations, problem sets, and/or lab assignments, setting up displays for lectures
Fun work place
Media Relations Worker (Former Employee), Lorman, MSMay 10, 2014
What i learned from this job is how to work in a fast-paced working environment. On the President's floor at Alcorn State University is the Media Relations office. There, I fulfilled the duties of keeping archives, took pictures, made creative projects, and interacted with individuals from all backgrounds.
A fun place to work that always changes everyday.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Lormon, MSMay 5, 2014
Pros: always something new
Cons: limited hours
There is no typical day at Alcorn. One day I might walk in say good morning to my professors and work on circuit kits, and assisting students. Another day i am organizing and preparing for an event. Fun days are working on robots and learning about them.
Productive and fun workplace with little complications and entertaining field work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Lorman, MSApril 3, 2014
Pros: travel, animal husbandry
Cons: healthcare, research
A typical day at work included animal husbandry, research of embryonic developement and progesterone, artifical inseminations and mainteance of bovine species. I learned how to perform artificial inseminations, daily routine blood work analysis, perform ultrasounds, and daily management of the animals. My co-workers were very helpful and easy going, I enjoyed working with them and learning from them. The hardest part of my job was the research because their is so much research being done on embryonic development using progesterone, therefore narrowing it down to the specifics of information that you need at a particular time can be difficult and time consuming. The most enjoyable part of my job was working the animals and performing artficial inseminations. Knowing that you are creating something with a mere thimble of life on a stick (put in laymans terms) is quite extraordinary!
School and Work under one roof.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lorman, MSMarch 25, 2014
Pros: work where you live.
Cons: limited hours.
I liked the fact I could educate myself, work on campus and live on campus. Very convenient. Alcorn supports student workers.
Productive workplace
Thesis Research (Current Employee), Alcorn, MSMarch 17, 2014
A typical day at this university is fast paced, but enjoyable. I learned may things such as how to multi-task and work as a team.
College University
Lab Assistant/ Mentor (STEM Program) (Former Employee), Lorman, MSSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: keep up with studies while working
Cons: low pay
Worked with summer program and in lab during the fall and spring semester. Gained valuable lab experience.

1 2 3